How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

Cardamom Chicken Curry

serves 2-3

Pour 5tbs of olive oil into a large, wide pan over high heat.

When hot add 2 thumb-sized sticks of cinnamon and 8 cardamom pods

10 seconds later add 2 diced chicken breasts

Once the chicken has started to cook stir in 2 chopped cloves of garlic

Add 2 tbs ground coriander, 1 tbs ground cumin, 1/4teaspoon tumeric and 1/2teaspoon of cayenne pepper

Now add 2 medium sized tomatoes(chopped)

Once the tomatoes begin to soften, pour 1 litre of chicken stock into the pan

Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and bring to the boil.

Cover and cook over a medium heat for 15minutes

Remove the cover and turn the heat to high, stirring occasionally until it has thickened.

The cayenne pepper gives it the heat, so if you like spicey food add a bit more. It's suitable for kids if you leave out the cayenne.

It's absolutely packed with flavour, takes very little time to make too. It'd go great with your onion bhaji's, I'm not sure what else you could serve it with if you were trying to avoid white rice. The first time I made it, I reduced it down too much, so added a bit more stock and a small amount extra of the spices. All of the ingredients are available in Tesco's(they have a good range of spices).

Giving this a bash today......

uhum, no you're not it's ash wednesday, no meat!

Cardamom Chicken Curry

serves 2-3

Add 2 tbs ground coriander, 1 tbs ground cumin, 1/4teaspoon tumeric and 1/2teaspoon of cayenne pepper

Remove the cover and turn the heat to high, stirring occasionally until it has thickened.

The cayenne pepper gives it the heat, so if you like spicey food add a bit more. It's suitable for kids if you leave out the cayenne.

It's absolutely packed with flavour, takes very little time to make too. It'd go great with your onion bhaji's, I'm not sure what else you could serve it with if you were trying to avoid white rice. The first time I made it, I reduced it down too much, so added a bit more stock and a small amount extra of the spices. All of the ingredients are available in Tesco's(they have a good range of spices).

Giving this a bash today......

uhum, no you're not it's ash wednesday, no meat!

Religion is a load of shite anyway so it doesnt really matter

Listen up "J69", I don't question your pinball antics so don't question my religious decisions.

have you made any or just accepted what you were born into?

Good man. What are you having it with?

I,ll probably have my onion Bhaji starter and then just have the curry with a nan bread. Our lass will probably want rice.

With regard to the cayenne pepper, how hot will that half a teaspoon make it? Im not keen on hot curries. dont mind a tad of spice so dont want to leave it out if its not too bad.

Not very hot at all. I made it with about 1/4tsp and gave it to my 2year old.

Put a bit less in initially and taste it a few minutes later once it's had time to get right through the dish. Add a bit more later if you like.

As I said, it's full of flavour so it can do without that heat if you aren't a fan.

Unfortunately the home made pizzas took over.....Curry tomorrow.

Cardamom Chicken Curry

serves 2-3

Barney or anyone else. Re the bit in red.....How long should it take to go from runny soup consistency to thick????

Sorry CT. As Gemmill says about 15 mins, otherwise you risk burning off too much of the sauce.

Did it survive?

Ish / not really.....

Kept it going for about 15 / 20 mins but the fluid was still like gravy rather than a thickish curry. The chicken was very tasty though.

Went down to London 15st4lb I've come back to Newcastle 15st8. Oh dear. Drinking nearly every night and it was largely free so what's a bloke supposed to do.

As you can see am at least 20lbs from relieving myself of my self labelled fat bastard tag. Next time I put a pic up it'll be with a 6 pack, and not from Singh's neither.

2e2h2fa.jpg

What do you look like when you breathe out though Stevie?

:D That is me breathing out Hulk Hogan style. In Newcastle I don't feel fat if am honest, but in London I do, with all these fuckin waif like men with their 30 inch waists and me thinking I'm fit as fuck fluctuating between 34 and 36. You know what I mean Chez, like the difference between people's frames in say Lille and Paris.

The difference was more noticeable on the lasses, more make up and chubbier legs.

Especially round where my new company is, the city, Moorgate area, fuck me, you don't see any fat people at all. The women are like model types round there, love walking round Finsbury Square and down to Bishopsgate. People are so good looking round there it's almost intimidating.