How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

15 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Thats genuinely really good going, well done.

How much do you want to lose? 

Cheers.

According to BMI, I’m currently classed as pre obese. I’d ideally like just over another stone off as that would get me into the “normal weight” category.

I was always around 11 - 11 1/2 stone before I started sitting on my arse all day in a taxi.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Cheers.

According to BMI, I’m currently classed as pre obese. I’d ideally like just over another stone off as that would get me into the “normal weight” category.

I was always around 11 - 11 1/2 stone before I started sitting on my arse all day in a taxi.

👍  Make sure you get a plan in for maintaining before you get there!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm back on some kind of paleo/keto hybrid as of yesterday. I'm mostly looking forward to not feeling fucked in the afternoons and not having headaches. 

I thought you were still on Keto?

I have fallen into more of a ketovore diet. Generally a big lump of protein just either on its own or with a bit asparagus, green beans or salad.

Ninja grill is an absolute game changer mind if you have cash floating about for a gadget. Stick the attached temperature probe in, select your level of doneness and shut the lid.

Have moved on to chicken breast on the bone, skin on and they just swell up and taste god dam delicious, particularly with a nice rub on :lol: 

losing a stone in a month is remarkable, but also a little alarming. it isn't really advisable to lose more than 1kg per week - even that is a lot. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

losing a stone in a month is remarkable, but also a little alarming. it isn't really advisable to lose more than 1kg per week - even that is a lot. 

I think you have to bear in mind that a 3 or 4 pounds of that can be water loss when you start hydrating well.

Also, changing from beer, junk and high sugar carbs to more protein is bound to have an initial big impact. Also adding cardio to a sedentary lifestyle.

Im fully expecting the next stone to take a lot longer.

but if it works and you enjoy it, go for it. glad to hear you're enjoying the gym CT. That genuinely is a life-changer if you can keep it going 

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

it's the kind of weight loss typically associated with an eating disorder

Lets calm down a bit, I'd give you that if he was doing it for several months but dropping a load of weight quickly when you first start is pretty normal, especially if you've replaced a lot of shit habits all at once.

• Like 1

Just now, Andrew said:

Lets calm down a bit, I'd give you that if he was doing it for several months but dropping a load of weight quickly when you first start is pretty normal, especially if you've replaced a lot of shit habits all at once.

i'm not saying CT has an eating disorder, but that kind of dramatic weight loss usually comes as a result of yo-yo dieting and is rarely sustainable. i wish CT all the best on his latest weight loss journey but we tend to hear the same story from him every year. long-term maintenance is built on small, incremental change, in my experience. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

but if it works and you enjoy it, go for it. glad to hear you're enjoying the gym CT. That genuinely is a life-changer if you can keep it going 

I enjoy the gym while there and love the high when I’m done. Just need to fall in love with “wanting” to go.

the thing i'd put to the keto advocates is: 

- do you enjoy it? 

- is is sustainable?

if the answer to both of those questions is yes, then ignore me. 

i would say that sounds to me like a short-term crash diet for those who are generally overweight and want to shred for summer. nothing wrong with that of course, if it works and you're happy putting your body through that pain every few months. 

i'm interested to know if anyone can maintain it year-around. i can't imagine it being much fun, or that it's compatible with wanting to enjoy the occasional beer or duck pizza.

i'm only saying this because i tried the low carb thing before. i got results but hated it and could never stick with it. the secret to maintaining weight and body fat i'm happy with 12 months a year was not to restrict food types but to pay more attention to portion control, macronutrients and a consistent calorie deficit (or surplus), depending on the training cycle. 

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i'm not saying CT has an eating disorder, but that kind of dramatic weight loss usually comes as a result of yo-yo dieting and is rarely sustainable. i wish CT all the best on his latest weight loss journey but we tend to hear the same story from him every year. long-term maintenance is built on small, incremental change, in my experience. 

Agree with this.

It’s 100% try to change habits and maintain those changes.

Not easy whether it’s food, alcohol, anxiety or many issues.

Never say never of course, but I do feel a bit more in control of this process this time around. 

16 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

the thing i'd put to the keto advocates is: 

- do you enjoy it? 

- is is sustainable?

if the answer to both of those questions is yes, then ignore me. 

i would say that sounds to me like a short-term crash diet for those who are generally overweight and want to shred for summer. nothing wrong with that of course, if it works and you're happy putting your body through that pain every few months. 

i'm interested to know if anyone can maintain it year-around. i can't imagine it being much fun, or that it's compatible with wanting to enjoy the occasional beer or duck pizza.

i'm only saying this because i tried the low carb thing before. i got results but hated it and could never stick with it. the secret to maintaining weight and body fat i'm happy with 12 months a year was not to restrict food types but to pay more attention to portion control, macronutrients and a consistent calorie deficit (or surplus), depending on the training cycle. 

Yes I do enjoy it

Lots of people do sustain it

I love that the eating part is easy. Whack a steak, chicken or salmon on the grill.

I love not being hungry (most days) until 5pm

I love the energy and clarity that comes from being in Ketosis.

And I still love my Keto duck pizzas :lol: 

I mean it is the way our body’s were designed to operate. Hunt meat and gather berries etc when in season. 

Im pretty convinced that sugar, carbs and most processed food do nothing good for our bodies whatsoever. 

Edited by Christmas Tree

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Yes I do enjoy it

Lots of people do sustain it

I love that the eating part is easy. Whack a steak, chicken or salmon on the grill.

I love not being hungry (most days) until 5pm

I love the energy and clarity that comes from being in Ketosis.

And I still love my Keto duck pizzas :lol: 

I mean it is the way our body’s were designed to operate. Hunt meat and gather berries etc when in season. 

Im pretty convinced that sugar, carbs and most processed food do nothing good for our bodies whatsoever. 

I would agree that processed sugars are no good for the body.

but your body needs carbs, just as it needs fats and proteins. 

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I would agree that processed sugars are no good for the body.

but your body needs carbs, just as it needs fats and proteins. 

Even on Keto you consume some carbs, but if you are not using them as a fuel source for energy, there’s nothing particularly great within them that the body either needs or cannot get from elsewhere.

carbs, fats and proteins all play an essential part in a balanced diet. by carbs i mean fresh fruit and vegetables, whole grains and legumes - not sugary processed foods. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Grains are absolutely not a required food source. Whole or otherwise. Fruit and veg fine. But grains can fuck off. 

neither is meat, of course - it is a personal choice. i was just listing carbs with nutritional value, so CT realises i'm not advocating processed food as part of a balanced diet.

i couldn't do without my oats in the morning, i eat pasta, rice and sourdough most days of the week. and life without the occasional pizza is too depressing to contemplate.

a meal high in carbs and protein post-workout is also highly effective. 

what i'm trying to say is you don't need to cut those foods out of your diet to stay lean all year round. portion control and a basic understanding of nutrition and calories in/out is the key - it's also sustainable. 

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

He did amputate his leg mind.. 🙂 

• Haha 4

In a real grind at the moment, getting calories up consistently is catching up to me a bit, haven't been properly "hungry" in a week which makes getting enough calories to keep gaining difficult.

Actual workouts are going well, taking a week next week though since I'm away for half of it and I need to get over a bit of an injury that I've been making do with.