How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

That's basically going to be me doing the GNR next weekend. I have foregone training in favour of bacon butties. :D

My training doesn't seem to have involved a great deal of running mind. Pretty much going to wing it.

That's basically going to be me doing the GNR next weekend. I have foregone training in favour of bacon butties. :)

My training doesn't seem to have involved a great deal of running mind. Pretty much going to wing it.

Aye, much the same. No booze and plenty of pasta and veg all week, and :D beyond that. :D What starting zone are you in? I'm in G, which should be far enough back to avoid the psychological hammer blow of being passed by thousands of people before we get to Gateshead Stadium.

That's basically going to be me doing the GNR next weekend. I have foregone training in favour of bacon butties. :)

Aye, much the same. No booze and plenty of pasta and veg all week, and :D beyond that. :D What starting zone are you in? I'm in G, which should be far enough back to avoid the psychological hammer blow of being passed by thousands of people before we get to Gateshead Stadium.

The divvy section, K. At least I'll have the fancy dress brigade to entertain me while I wait hours to even cross the starting line.

That's basically going to be me doing the GNR next weekend. I have foregone training in favour of bacon butties. :up:

Aye, much the same. No booze and plenty of pasta and veg all week, and :) beyond that. :D What starting zone are you in? I'm in G, which should be far enough back to avoid the psychological hammer blow of being passed by thousands of people before we get to Gateshead Stadium.

The divvy section, K. At least I'll have the fancy dress brigade to entertain me while I wait hours to even cross the starting line.

Then I shall see you just before Gateshead Stadium. :D

I've started doing these Nike + treadmill workouts. Basically some gimp called Jay Blahnik is in your ear dishing out the instructions and getting you to whack the incline and the speed up at various intervals. Lasts about 35 minutes and I am fucking wrecked when I get off the treadmill.

I've been having trouble with my knee lately and read up on the net about how a lot of experts think how running injuries have sored since the 'new' style of trainers came around from the seventies upwards. Basically they were saying that the best shock absorption for your foot is the foot itself and that evolution has made us this way. Anyway, I thought I'd give it a go after a week of resting my knee and not running. So last night I went on my treadmill and ran barefoot for 8 miles and my knee didn't buckle although it's been a bit sore today. However...... after I finished I thought my feet are a bit sore now and when I looked the soles of my feet had a few big blisters which I had to pop in the shower and have been fucking knacking me today when I walk about. This internet is a dangerous thing, like. :D:D

You've probably just got the wrong sort of trainers for your feet. Well worth going to Start Fitness and getting sorted out with some there. They get you to take your shoes and socks off and wander about the shop etc.

I'd heard there was somewhere in the town that did something like this. Think I'll look into it. :D

I had a gait assessment when I got my trainers and they've been spot on, always used to get injuries before. Did feel like a tit running on a treadmill in Fenwicks like.

How long ago was that? And did they recommend expensive trainers? :D

Couple of years. Don't know if that particular place is there anymore but it's a good idea if you can get to a proper place. They recommended a few pairs, I chose some roughly in the middle price-wise. I was going to get another pair a while ago for the Great North Run but decided these would get me through.

You've probably just got the wrong sort of trainers for your feet. Well worth going to Start Fitness and getting sorted out with some there. They get you to take your shoes and socks off and wander about the shop etc.

Fuck that, I want some running shoes, I don't want to piss around like I'm in soft play.

Fuck that, I want some running shoes, I don't want to piss around like I'm in soft play.

:D

14 - 6 this morning which I think is the heaviest I've ever been.

Been to Asda and bought loads of healthy stuff. (again) :D

You need to rethink your lifestyle not buy a few packets of reduced calorie wotsits. The first step isto cleanse your body of all toxins. This means no booze and a 24 hour fast. Then you must spend 12 hours in the airing cupboard chanting OM Nom Nom. Finally complete the treatment by greeting the sun in the nude and ritually flushing your system by sticking the garden hose up your bottom.

If you're serious about improving your health and digestion you'll do this. Time to stop making excuses,

Hate to say I told you so CT, but I told you so. Weight watchers is never going to work. Still happy to give you advice and a training plan offered many pages ago...

14 - 6 this morning which I think is the heaviest I've ever been.

Been to Asda and bought loads of healthy stuff. (again) :D

You need to rethink your lifestyle not buy a few packets of reduced calorie wotsits. The first step isto cleanse your body of all toxins. This means no booze and a 24 hour fast. Then you must spend 12 hours in the airing cupboard chanting OM Nom Nom. Finally complete the treatment by greeting the sun in the nude and ritually flushing your system by sticking the garden hose up your bottom.

If you're serious about improving your health and digestion you'll do this. Time to stop making excuses,

Hate to say I told you so CT, but I told you so. Weight watchers is never going to work. Still happy to give you advice and a training plan offered many pages ago...

3 days of HIIT and 3 days of full body a week should sort him. \o/

"Pure Gym" are opening up in our office. £20 a month, 24hr gym space. Going to make night shifts vastly more interesting. Pop down there and do 45 minutes and grab a shower on the hour I get as a break.