Newcastle United 0-0 Fulham

OTF

Given Ameobi left the field with a hamstring injury it's unlikely that he will play against Fulham on Saturday. Who do you think Chris will replace him with?

Will he revert to playing Nolan in behind Carroll and bring Guthrie into central midfield with Routledge onto the right for the suspended Barton?

Lovenkrands hasn't had much of an impact when used, though he could do ok against Fulham. Ranger is the obvious choice I guess, but I wonder about his decision making in games (as well as his footing/footwear!). Xisco's a bloody long shot, though I wouldn't mind seeing him out there oddly enough (not sure whether it's just for novelty value :dunno: ).

I also wonder whether Hughton will get Steven Taylor involved in this game. It could be a risky move breaking up what has been a pretty good defensive unit, but 3 games in 7 days is a lot and between Colo and Williamson there could be some tired legs. If I rested one it would be Williamson.

Losing another home game would be devestating, and it's obviously important that we pick ourselves straight back up from the disappointing result, so this match is of large importance. After this we're away to a decent Bolton side then hosting Champions and league leaders Chelsea before an away match at West Brom, then home against Liverpool. It's a pretty tough run of games that could well yield very few points particularly if we don't get back to playing at or near our best on the weekend. Before we know it we could be just outside the relegation zone...

Edited by OzToonFan

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One for contrary tree to bookmark.

We're going to get butt fucked. Our recent record against Fulham is 2 wins, 4 losses and like us their supporters have a feeling of dread this season so they will be up for it.

Fuckwit Sam has shown the league how to play against us and I have no confidence in us playing to a plan B.

Hangeland will be another tough test for Carroll, Nolan and Shola have to be doubtful, Tiote will be walking a tight rope so not to get another card and is Barton's ban immediate?

That could mean three changes before the team has to account for tired legs.

Krul

Simpson Colo Williamson Enrique

Routledge Guthrie Tiote Jonas

Nolan

Carroll

Seems like the obvious choice however following the use of 442 he may just leave nolan in the middle, routledge for Barton and leave ranger upfront. Routledge is looking lost in this league and Rangers not ready.

He could vukic to play in Bartons role and play smith upfront with Carol !!!!!

Im not sure Ranger is ready like, equally I know Best is back from injury so Id hope he's not tempted there. Not sure why Lovenkrands has been pushed back but he'd be another option. I think though he'd stick with the tried and tested option of pushing Nolan up. I'd like to see Guthrie have a run in the centre as well.

I like Routledge it's just a shame his final ball is lacking and doesnt have the penetration Jonas "can" have.

Krul

Simpson Colo Williamson Enrique

Routledge Guthrie Tiote Jonas

Nolan

Carroll

Seems like the obvious choice however following the use of 442 he may just leave nolan in the middle, routledge for Barton and leave ranger upfront. Routledge is looking lost in this league and Rangers not ready.

He could vukic to play in Bartons role and play smith upfront with Carol !!!!!

I don't see a better option up top than Carroll and Nolan if Shola is injured. Guthrie is one of the best long passers we have which we may need for freekicks etc. Vuckic could be an option on the right but I reckon we'll see Routledge.

Not too concerned about Duff even with Routledge and Simpson having little or no game time together. Their big threats are Murphy and Dempsey and i think Tiote should be able to nullify the creativity from Murphy.

We're going to miss Barton. I fancy Nolan to score though.

Am I just missing it again or is Ranger crap (at the moment youth etc).

Surely they can get something out of Best xisco (is he still here). I would even have a bash with smith playing off Carol. He's scored quite a few in his day so should know what to do.

Surely they can get something out of Best xisco (is he still here). I would even have a bash with smith playing off Carol. He's scored quite a few in his day so should know what to do.

:pullhair:

Jesus wept.

An out of form Ranger is still a million miles ahead of Best and Xisco.

Smith off Carroll :pullhair: fucking hell.

Jesus wept.

An out of form Ranger is still a million miles ahead of Best and Xisco.

Smith off Carroll :pullhair: fucking hell.

Has he ever done much yet?

And btw I am clutching at straws re Best xisco or Smith :)

(Smith has put away a few canny goals in his day tho when playing upfront).