England vs France match thread

Besty

You dafty I work for Sky at the listening company right next to the Jurys inn just owa the redheugh. I divent hafta prove meself to sum fucking middle aged little cunt who is reknown for being nothing but a divvy on here.

Clubs sign players as replacements ecause they genuinely believe them to be equal or better. I didnt realise you were the Marseille president and knew there views on both Nasri and Ben arfa.

Arfa was in the squad for one of the first times pre season, Nasri has been there time and time again. Malouda is highly experienced at that level and Gourcuff is easily, easily one of the top 10 players in the world.

At no time either did I say ben Arfa is shite, so try reading what i am saying first. Ben Arfa is good, just Nasri etc are better. Nasri = Arsenal, Malouda = Chelsea, Gourcuff = AC. Ben Arfa is plying is trade at us, it says it all tbf.

Graft at 7 in the morning, carry on all you want, your a dick and you have mastered the form.

10 players better than Gourcouff (in no particular order):

Ronaldo

Messi

Xavi

Gerrard

Pique

Sneijder

Kaka

Iniesta

Sergio Ramos

Diego Forlan

Done. Oh, and Andrew Carroll

The lad is an idiot. He wouldn't be in the top 100 imo, and wouldn't start for Arsenal or Chelsea. You've got hundreds of players like Essien who are in a different league. The kid is a WUM, or young, one of the two, but at least he's forming his own opinions no matter how shit they are if he's not a WUM.

Are you referring to me or him? And the Andy Carroll bit was a joke, relax.

Im not sure how you can name top 10 players in different positions.

Ramos is a better right back than Gourchoff but vice-versa?

Regardless of position, you can have a general consensus over who the great players are at the moment. Sure, Iker Casillas is a keeper and Marlon Harewood is a striker, but theres no doubt that Casillas is a better player. GeordieMentalist didnt say "Gourcouff is one of the best central midfielders in the world"

Him quite obviously.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just making sure :lol:

And youre right, no way Gourcouff would get in over a Lampard-Essien or Fabregas-Nasri pairing. Not sure how Arsenal are lining up atm though, so that may be wrong.

You'd even have Arshavin over him every single time, see this is what happens when you become part of the FM generation. Anyway I promised myself I would stop abusing peoples laughable views and I only retorted because of his vehement contradiction of mine.

Thought Carroll did well but the press already seem to be building him up with OTT praise no doubt to knock him down when he can't live up to the expectations.

Thought Carroll did well but the press already seem to be building him up with OTT praise no doubt to knock him down when he can't live up to the expectations.

Carroll was the best England player on the pitch for me but that wasn't particularly hard last night. You could tell at half time when ITV were fawning over him that he's the latest great white hope. The next time England struggle Capello will be barracked for not picking him.

Nasri for the record, run that game. great player. Zidane said that as a playmaker he will develop into the best thing france have since him. gourcuff was good but was cheating a fair bit as well..

Thought Carroll did well considering our midfield were absolute shit. walcotts a bottle merchant, gerrard keeps trying hollywood passes and henderson was a rabbit in the headlights. barry was really fucking crap.

whats lescott doing in an england shirt. really awful footballer.

Aye, Nasri was different class. I thought Henderson did ok tbh, it was tough for him and, as you say, Barry was a joke. They were wanking about Gerrard on TV too but I thought that, despite improving after the break he still wasn't great. Before half-time though he kept trying the long, difficult pass when England just needed a bit of control and possession. He also let his man run for their second goal too. He was unlucky with his header however, which was a difficult chance but the other chance he had looked like a sitter.

Nasri is a top class player that is not in doubt, he's in with a shout of player of the year, but to say that he's more talented than Ben Arfa who quite clearly has yet to fulfill his unlimited potential is pathetic and inflammatory. Nasri took time to settle at Arsenal, and he's in his richest vein of form now, yet was deemed not good enough to be in France's 23 at the WC. Gourcuff isn't at his level, no does he have the talent of Ben Arfa.

Regarding Barry, I can't remember an England regular including Carlton Palmer, who I genuinely can't stand as much. I watch every England game thinking am I the only cunt that can see that he is shit. What about that one Carroll laid a nice ball off to him, simple pass on and he boots it 30 yards in the air. I would retire him now, Graeme Souness absolutely loved Barry as a player..say no more. Should've stayed as a left back imo.

Gareth Barry is vastly over-rated. As I said earlier, I'd rather play Danny Muprhy in midfield than him.

He is slow its unbelievable. Murphy is probably suited to International football as well.

I just don't think we have a 'holding midfielder' who is good enough so he gets in by default. Carrick has gone right off the boil. I still wouldn't pick Barry like. I thought Henderson was hung out to dry a bit last night as he wasn't that bad. He was chasing shadows early on but improved before having to play in an unfamiliar deeper role after half time.

Gareth Barry is vastly over-rated. As I said earlier, I'd rather play Danny Muprhy in midfield than him.

He is slow its unbelievable. Murphy is probably suited to International football as well.

I just don't think we have a 'holding midfielder' who is good enough so he gets in by default. Carrick has gone right off the boil. I still wouldn't pick Barry like. I thought Henderson was hung out to dry a bit last night as he wasn't that bad. He was chasing shadows early on but improved before having to play in an unfamiliar deeper role after half time.

The way Ozil tortured him for the fourth goal in the World Cup was like watching a three legged tortoise with a 10 yard advantage over a cheetah. We can't be the only ones who can see this.

Rio would be fantastic in that role imo, with Terry and Jagielka behind. Mentioned before but since 2008 Carrick has went out like a lamp, it's a shame because Hargreaves could've been good in that role too, looks like he's basically retired now though.

Edited by WDP

The way Ozil tortured him for the third goal in the World Cup was like watching a three legged tortoise with a 10 yard advantage over a cheetah. We can't be the only ones who can see this.

Rio would be fantastic in that role imo, with Terry and Jagielka behind. Mentioned before but since 2008 Carrick has went out like a lamp, it's a shame because Hargreaves could've been good in that role too, looks like he's basically retired now though.

Perhaps it's a bit late in his career or it could give it a new lease of life at the same time. I felt sorry for Jagielka too, being stuck at RB when Lescott (who doesn't look remotely good enough atm) was allowed to play in the middle.

Beggars belief that Man City paid a combined total of about £60 million for Lescott, Milner and Barry :lol:

If you factor in "Jo", for the four of them it's actually near £100m.

Nasri is a top class player that is not in doubt, he's in with a shout of player of the year, but to say that he's more talented than Ben Arfa who quite clearly has yet to fulfill his unlimited potential is pathetic and inflammatory. Nasri took time to settle at Arsenal, and he's in his richest vein of form now, yet was deemed not good enough to be in France's 23 at the WC. Gourcuff isn't at his level, no does he have the talent of Ben Arfa.

Regarding Barry, I can't remember an England regular including Carlton Palmer, who I genuinely can't stand as much. I watch every England game thinking am I the only cunt that can see that he is shit. What about that one Carroll laid a nice ball off to him, simple pass on and he boots it 30 yards in the air. I would retire him now, Graeme Souness absolutely loved Barry as a player..say no more. Should've stayed as a left back imo.

comparing Nasri to ben arfa is hilarious. ones a roving playmaker (nasri). the other is a wide player/second striker (Ben arfa). both are similarly talented in terms of what they do in their position. like comparing pigs nipples to buttons for savoury snacks.

agree wholeheartedly on Barry like. he's so slow and just not the player he was 3 years ago.

comparing Nasri to ben arfa is hilarious. ones a roving playmaker (nasri). the other is a wide player/second striker (Ben arfa). both are similarly talented in terms of what they do in their position. like comparing pigs nipples to buttons for savoury snacks.

agree wholeheartedly on Barry like. he's so slow and just not the player he was 3 years ago.

Ben Arfa has played as a "roving playmaker" for a lot of his career in a classic number 10 way.

Oh and Barry wasn't that good three years ago neither.

Edited by WDP

Milner was shite last night too.

I don't buy into the theory he's developed massively since he left us either. He's a good, honest but ultimately limited player. CM is his best position like, not wide in a midfield 4 or an attacking 3.

I don't buy into the theory he's developed massively since he left us either. He's a good, honest but ultimately limited player. CM is his best position like, not wide in a midfield 4 or an attacking 3.

100% He's decent, but he hasn't got the pace to be absolute top class. For instance I wouldn't put him anywhere near the class of Waddle or John Barnes. I still say £12m seemed a good price at the time, I think that's all he's worth.

100% He's decent, but he hasn't got the pace to be absolute top class. For instance I wouldn't put him anywhere near the class of Waddle or John Barnes. I still say £12m seemed a good price at the time, I think that's all he's worth.

Or the guile. The two you mention were at a different level to anything he'll ever reach. I actually like Milner as well and don't hold a grudge against him in any way.

Did he try to skin Predator into the box and failed miserably?

Not an international imo, but you could say that about most of the England team last night.

Capello's survival after the fucking dross they served up in the summer is an outrage, I mean if we had been unlucky fair enough but his team were fucking baby kack.

Might as well get Harry in there before his heart attack, at least if it's an Englishman he'll understand us all when we abuse the useless mong.

I can imagine Hughton being given a crack at some point, he has the right manner (touch of the SBR's) :lol: and heritage. I don't mean that he's coloured btw...

Did he try to skin Predator into the box and failed miserably?

Not an international imo, but you could say that about most of the England team last night.

Capello's survival after the fucking dross they served up in the summer is an outrage, I mean if we had been unlucky fair enough but his team were fucking baby kack.

Might as well get Harry in there before his heart attack, at least if it's an Englishman he'll understand us all when we abuse the useless mong.

I can imagine Hughton being given a crack at some point, he has the right manner (touch of the SBR's) :lol: and heritage. I don't mean that he's coloured btw...

Class :lol:

Five Questions England vs France Raised

Does Andy Carroll really think his hair looks good? Is there anything worth watching on the other side? What are we having for tea? Just a few of the posers that crossed our mind as we watched England last night. Here's some more...

Is Fabio Capello actually allergic to luck?

Don Fabio decided to take a gamble on the fitness of certain players and in the ensuing shit-storm that will result from Gerrard’s extended absence from Liverpool, it’s worth remembering that if he hadn’t played him, he would have been labelled an idiot by the press. Ferdinand’s freak injury, the Terry/Bridge scandal, Rooney’s loss of form, If Capello just admits to having disemboweled a black cat with the shards of a broken mirror then we might all be a bit more understanding.

But he needs to take some of the blame himself. For example, after barely training all week he still thought wedging Phil Jagielka in at right back was a good idea. The result, the boy couldn’t have looked less comfortable if the Wembley screens were showing a video of his parents going at it in a KFC toilet.

Can England only play a 4-4-2?

This question is older and more pointless than Gareth Southgate’s hooter but given that we clawed one back within seconds of reverting to it, it’ll probably come up again. 4-4-2’s harder to break down and it’s arguable that, given an extra slice of defensive responsibility, Ashely Young wouldn’t have left Gibbs so exposed on the second goal. Make no mistake though, even when they were 4-2-3-1, England had a 5 man midfield and Nasri, Gourcuff and the youngster M’Vila played around it with consummate ease.

But not just any ice cream sandwich though, a £12million, Carlton Palmer flavour, ice cream sandwich.

Although to be honest, England did display a steady improvement throughout the second half. You can make up your own mind about whether this was more to do with France getting bored of playing keep-ball or the decision to take Gareth Barry off. That’s Gareth Barry, by the way, who displayed all the versatility and cutting edge of an ice-cream sandwich. But not just any ice cream sandwich though, a £12million, Carlton Palmer flavour, ice cream sandwich.

Why do we labour under the impression that Steven Gerrard is “world-class”?

During ITV’s post-match bun fight, fountain of all knowledge and metro-sexual Henry VIII, Adrian Chiles, proclaimed the Liverpool captain to be “England’s man of the match tonight, as he usually is”. Ignoring the fact he struggled to get into any sort of passing rhythm, failed to get near a single Carroll flick on and his total lack of positional sensibilities and decision not to track the run of Valbuena, resulted in France’s second goal.

Yes, he ‘toiled away’, ‘got stuck in’, ’showed good heart’, ‘had the passion’ and all those other meaningless expressions that ‘experts’ like Stan Collymore and Robbie Savage actually think relates to events on a pitch. He didn’t track his runner, and that’s all that mattered. Gourcuff didn’t let that happen, and if memory serves, neither did the excellent Samir Nasri.

Will the new crop of England internationals be any different to the “golden generation”?

Henderson and Gibbs were slightly disappointing last night but we shouldn’t be so quick to judge, credit where it’s due, they were both the victim of difficult circumstances that night. Kieran Gibbs, on his second cap, looked like a player who’d only gotten twenty minutes all season, which he was.

Jordan Henderson though, looked like a player being outrun and outnumbered by better, confident and more experienced players with only the aforementioned ice cream sandwich for support. The real acid test of England going round in circles will be if you ever hear two skin-heads in a pub who, pint of Carling in hand, start arguing over whether or not “Hendo” and Wilshere can play in the same midfield.

Is Andy Carroll the player England have been crying out for?

He drinks, he shags around, he’s canny with a football, can score goals, bully defences and he’s not, as yet, being payed obscene sums of money to write an autobiography and tread water at major tournaments. He might well be the most likeable English international we’ve had since Gazza. However, the danger of bringing Andy Carroll into the England side is that when playing with such an obvious target man, the temptation looms large to just thump it to him from the other end of the pitch and hope for the best.

Players like that need support and there were at least 5 examples in the first half of him chasing down his own headers and trying to make something out of nothing. It had been suggested that Carroll’s club colleague and former landlord Kevin Nolan would have been worthy of a call up, but even from his family home in Newcastle, he was still closer to collecting a knock on than Walcott or Milner were.

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-spor...-france-raised/