Iconic moments captured in picture.

Christmas Tree

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

l35.jpg

Is that when that refinery went bang, Stevie?

Aye. Me sister lives 20 mile away in Blackheath, and her windows shook like fuck, god knows what it would've been like if you were in North London or Watford way.

144685main_aldrin_moon.jpg

Ironically, that's about the best (photographic) image of Neil Armstrong standing on the moon as well, i.e. the reflection in Buzz Aldrin's visor.

So much light on the moon innit. ;)

Sunlight's the technical term, I believe :D

l35.jpg

Is that when that refinery went bang, Stevie?

Aye. Me sister lives 20 mile away in Blackheath, and her windows shook like fuck, god knows what it would've been like if you were in North London or Watford way.

I work in Watford and we never got proper daylight for over a week. It was a permanent dusk, similar to the light levels you get just before sunset and the smell was fucking rancid!!

I live almost 50 miles away in Basingstoke and the windows in my house didn't necessarily shake but you could hear them all push back into the frame of the house as if under vaccuum - and it was loud enough to wake you up.....

The bloke who sits next to me at work lives in Hemel Hempstead, about 2-3 miles from Buncefield. Reckons he woke up after being blasted across his bedroom.