Times Up Big Mike

loonyTOON

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can think of some shit chairmen but Ashley really does take the crown.

He's like Doug Ellis but without the footballing knowledge and wining personality :drinks:

Funnily enough that's who I was thinking of when I wrote that.

He's like Doug Ellis but without the footballing knowledge and wining personality :D

Funnily enough that's who I was thinking of when I wrote that.

I keep imagining he's like that Bricktop character from Snatch. Hughton will be fed to the pigs by now :drinks:

He's like Doug Ellis but without the footballing knowledge and wining personality :D

Just wrote the same thing in the other thread. :drinks:

Just wrote the same thing in the other thread. :drinks:

Hopefully you can spell 'winning' though :o

From N-O, but a message i agree with.

The last 48 hours have been an emotional rollercoaster for us all. We've passed through anger, some of us into more anger and others into downright apathy. I don't blame anyone for their reactions. I'm somewhere between the two. However, we must remember that we're not Luton Town or some other mediocre club. We're Newcastle United, and we should never lie down and die.

Saturday is the ideal time to make our feelings known.

ESPN will be there. Sky Sports News will be there, and a host of other media agencies. A protest is in order. A highly visual, peaceful protest.

Anything organised must be:

1) Peaceful.

2) Of visual significance both outside and inside the stadium.

3) Convey our messages of support to Hughton, and more importantly, to the players who remain contracted to this club.

I'm proposing a huge sit-out outside St. James'. If you have a ticket already for the game, as I do, so much the better. It guarantees your seat will be empty for the television cameras inside. I propose we line the outside of St. James' in peaceful protest with flags, banners, posters, shirts, everything we have. We don't go into the stadium in the first half.

Hell, even if you don't have a ticket, so much the better. Demonstrate the amount of cash revenue that is at Ashley's fingertips that he's completely lost. 25,000 inside the stadium, 50,000 outside would be a tremendously powerful message.

I think we need banners expressing our admiration for our favourite players. Enrique, Tiote, Carroll, Coloccini, Jonas... the ones who must be feeling devastated or frustrated and angry at another managerial changeover. If they don't play for Pardew, hopefully they'll play for us. I want Coloccini to look like this Coloccini!

We need the usual anti-Ashley propaganda spattered around. The more people in Toon shirts the better. Use your imaginations with your messages of support for players/condemnation with Ashley.

Most importantly, this must stay peaceful.

I propose meeting at St. James' in (very) warm clothing for 4PM, in time for the cameras to get set up, and staying there until at least 7PM. This is the club we love, and if we have to suffer to get it back, so be it.

The only way to get rid of Ashley is to make his position untenable. Yes, we tried that before, but we forgave. I think many consider this the final straw, simply because of how Hughton was removed and the circumstances surrounding it. This protest must persevere. We have to continue to as long as necessary.

Thoughts?

Date: Saturday 11th December

Time: 4.00PM

Venue: Circling St. James Park

Additional Info: Bring as many as you can!

Too cold for a sit in/out. Walking out after 60 minutes is a better idea but what we really need is an organisation that represents the supporters coming up with one idea we can all go with.... do we have one of those?

Bugger the cold mate, I think the idea that should be pushed for everyone is a susatained boycott! Whether your outside the ground venting your anger at the same time or just at home is up to you, but an empty seat staring him in the face is the biggest fuck you we can give him.

There is the drip-drip effect, once people commit to it and word of mouth spreads then others can follow, with the mentality of 'screw this, Im not going either'.

We failed to do this after he stitched Keegan up, and we should have. We believed he was going to sell up but it was bollocks with him asking for a stupid price. We should have layed our cards down then and not went back till he went, and we must take this chance and do that now imo.

Too cold for a sit in/out. Walking out after 60 minutes is a better idea but what we really need is an organisation that represents the supporters coming up with one idea we can all go with.... do we have one of those?

Bugger the cold mate, I think the idea that should be pushed for everyone is a susatained boycott! Whether your outside the ground venting your anger at the same time or just at home is up to you, but an empty seat staring him in the face is the biggest fuck you we can give him.

There is the drip-drip effect, once people commit to it and word of mouth spreads then others can follow, with the mentality of 'screw this, Im not going either'.

We failed to do this after he stitched Keegan up, and we should have. We believed he was going to sell up but it was bollocks with him asking for a stupid price. We should have layed our cards down then and not went back till he went, and we must take this chance and do that now imo.

Entirely agree (apart from the bit about thinking he was going to sell up, he won’t sell until he’s had his pound of flesh) and if the ball can be made to roll via facebook it’s worth a shout. I just think a sit in sub zero temperatures will be too big an ask for many.

As I’ve already said this is how it was after KK was dismissed. There are almost as many ideas about how to protest as there as people who want to protest.

Good Luck

Edited by Problem Child

Why would season ticket holders not go?

That's like saying Ashley would be forced to sell Sports Direct if everyone stopped shopping there....but still ordered online.

That's like saying Ashley would be forced to sell Sports Direct if everyone stopped shopping there....but still ordered online.

Because its a visual message to Ashley of whats to come, a very powerful visual message. But if ST holders want to go then that is understandable, if everyone without a season ticket boycotted I'd like to think the drop would be sizeable.

Because its a visual message to Ashley of whats to come, a very powerful visual message. But if ST holders want to go then that is understandable, if everyone without a season ticket boycotted I'd like to think the drop would be sizeable.

Tim, I really respect your desire to make something happen. There’s far too many supporters out there going ‘there’s nothing we can do please shit on my face again’. That said, if there’s going to be a successful protest it will have to meet three criteria.

1) Everybody who is going to Liverpool game can be involved.

2) It is simple and easy to execute

3) The police won’t have any reason to get involved.

There are still three full days before the Liverpool game. Time enough to come up with an idea that has a chance of making an impact and spread the word.

Edited by Problem Child

Protest has to be largely peaceful like. Just to stop us losing the moral highground and to prevent diversionary headlines. Remember all that bullshit about Ashley being advised he couldn't go to matches etc.? He'd have a field day if there was a lot of bother. Not sure what the answer is like.

Not sure what the answer is like.

Everyone brings a bag from JJB sports to wave during the games.

He'd love 40,000 adverts for his major competitor in his own stadium.

:drinks:

• 2 weeks later...
i propose a protest and a damn good one i mean if fans are gonna sit back and do nothing then your as stupid as the fat cockney twat

you haven't got a clue. what does a protest do? HE DOESN'T CARE

as long as he isn't loosing money nothing phases him