Peter Beardsley

Jusoda Kid

There's an outside possibility that, as a public figure meeting countless hundreds of people on a weekly basis, he's probably likely to have been in a bad mood once or twice in the last 30 years and there might therefore be more than one opinion of him. :drinks:

I tell you a geordie who I've heard universally is a fuckin absolute cunt in person. Bobby Charlton. Apparently he knows no other way.

Class. You should write the foreword in his autobiography. "It's not that Bobby became a cunt. And it's not like there was anything he could do about it. Way I see it, the man was born a cunt."

(I'm not being a twat to you btw, I think you're probably right.)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's 'let's all turn on Beardsley' now? Looking for a new hate figure or something? Fuck off.

The short memories of some people, man...

Played with him mate, and he is a total cock. Dislike him much. Wish was playing against him so could of kicked the fuck out of him.

He's never played for a foreign team so I don't believe you.

went to canada didnt he?

How did Beardsley end up in Canada as a youngster?

Dunno but I always thought it was after he'd had his spell trialling at Man U. Wasnt kept there and went out to Canada? Could be wrong like

Vancouver Whitecaps.

I don't imagine loonyTOON meant professionally anyway like (whether he's making it up or not)

And Melbourne Knights according to wikipedia. For an impressive two games.

Was never aware of that like. :drinks: Learn summat every day.

Vancouver Whitecaps.

I don't imagine loonyTOON meant professionally anyway like (whether he's making it up or not)

And Melbourne Knights according to wikipedia. For an impressive two games.

He also helped out at Notre Dame for a while

It's a shame he seems to be pro-Ashley, but I'm not exactly aware of who he's supposed to have stabbed in the back? I've never met the bloke but know a few who have and nobody has mentioned any huge ego or anything. And let us not forget just how good a player he was, I'm sorry, but calling him a hunchback is a fucking disgrace unless he's personally butchered KK and Hughton, skinned them and is using said skin as curtains, lampshades and other various household textiles whilst their corpes remain hidden under his floorboards in an unmourned grave........(takes breath).......failing that though, lets leave the fucka alone to get on with it until fat boys new man comes in, besides, what was he supposed to do? He's employed by the club still, I'm guessing he's happy to be at NUFC, he's asked to take over for one or two games, what's he supposed to fucking say apart from 'ok, then, I'll do it'?

Favourite player of all time but a shit of a man having met him / witnessed him first hand through several formal meetings. Also met him a few months ago outside the ground and he was lovely.

Lots of press have it in for him however due to his Ashleyness

So it's 'let's all turn on Beardsley' now? Looking for a new hate figure or something? Fuck off.

Played with him mate, and he is a total cock. Dislike him much. Wish was playing against him so could of kicked the fuck out of him.

went to canada didnt he?

Shit, aye. I knew he played for Vancouver anarl. It was meant to be a tongue-in-cheek reference to loonyToon's pidgin English tbh.

Edited by alex

Dunno but I always thought it was after he'd had his spell trialling at Man U. Wasnt kept there and went out to Canada? Could be wrong like

I think it was before. We signed him from Man Utd anyway.

went to canada didnt he?

Shit, aye. I knew he played for Vancouver anarl. It was meant to be a tongue-in-cheek reference to loonyToon's pidgin English tbh.

I assumed that was the point you were making like but I thought it was a funny way of making it. :drinks:

A right, got that completely arse about tit then. I was sure we'd signed him from Vancouver Whitecaps but maybe he was there while on Man U's books technically? Feels like pre-history.

We signed Beardsley from Vancouver Whitecaps. He only went to ManU on trail iirc.

Started at Carlisle United, sold to Vancouver Whitecaps, bought by Big Ron for Man U, released at the end of the season, back to Vancouver.

Bought by us, then liverpoo, Everton, Keegan brought him back, Dalglish released him.

He then drifted down through Bolton, Man City, Fulham and Hartlepool.

We signed Beardsley from Vancouver Whitecaps. He only went to ManU on trail iirc.

You might be right in all honesty. I think he was at Man Utd as a player though rather than just on trial because I can actually remember it being mentioned in the Chronicle when we signed him. Not sure where I've dredged that up from and it was a while ago tbf (first time we signed him). I remember reading a lot later that Man Utd (Big Ron?) let him go because they had another young striker coming through the ranks. Turned out it was Mark Hughes. Daft thing is they'd have been great together.

Met him several times and he always seemed to be an utterly normal, decent bloke. I did have to look at him via a mirror in case I turned to stone, but I find the vitriol aimed at him now more than a little distasteful.

As has been said, what else could he have said when asked?

Hughton did the same, twice. He was also seen as Ashleys puppet initially, remember?

Started at Carlisle United, sold to Vancouver Whitecaps, bought by Big Ron for Man U, released at the end of the season, back to Vancouver.

Bought by us, then liverpoo, Everton, Keegan brought him back, Dalglish released him.

He then drifted down through Bolton, Man City, Fulham and Hartlepool.

makes him sound like a journeyman :drinks: