Newcastle United 1-3 Manchester City

Christmas Tree

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to be proud of the display today. We've been the better side through out. The goals they scored came from cock-ups rather than their quality.

Hope we draw but I'm encouraged by the performance.

Sickening stuff tbh.

We were all over them for a while, eventually got a goal back. Continued battering them and they launch a counter attack and get a third and now it's game over.

For most of the match we've been twice as good as they've been. Their first 2 goals were lucky in the sense that we gifted them to them, and this last goal was a deflection off Coloccini. Second best in general just like they were at their place, but yet again they get the luck.

I hope they're nowhere near the top come the end of the season.

It'd be interesting to see the stats for headers won/contested by Carroll today. The lad was immense in the air.

Liked his drag back before the shot earlier as well. Looked quite nimble for a big bloke.

Didn't think we'd win today, but should have got something for that 2nd half performance.

Theres no shame in that result and definitely not in the performance.

Syaing that though this league is bastard tight and we're sitting at the top end of a stupidly close group of 8 teams that can take you from 8th to 15th in a game.

One of those losses that I'm not as down about as I might be. As has been said, aside from the first 10 minutes, you can't really fault our lot too much today especially in the second half. Like I said the one thing we lacked was luck, and perhaps we should have been a bit more clinical because we certainly had the chances.

On another day we'd have won this.