Tottenham 2-0 Newcastle

The Fish

We've got Wigan, West Ham and Sunderland coming up in the League. I'd want to take at least 6 points from them and I honestly think that a fit side will be able to.

I honestly didn't think we'd get anything from these two games; for 1) we never win on Boxing Day, 2) Spurs and Man City are genuinely challenging for CL spots this year and have (in Tevez and VdV/Bale) the leagues stand out performers. Any team will do well to get points off those sides.

I genuinely believe we'll be ok.

The reason I am confident is that we're scoring goals, our defence (when fit) looks decent and Tioté is a real gem of a player. Plus we've no idea how much of an impact Ben Arfa, Gosling and any new signings will have. Add to that, there are sides in this league who look worse than we did when we went down (Villa, West Ham, Wolves).

So I've not got my relegation boots on just yet.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought we did well first-half, we were playing route 1 and the game was scrappy which didn't allow Spurs to utilize their pace and quality against us.

Whilst Barton did a good job in central midfield breaking up the play and retaining possession, his final ball was inconsistent today which left us with no players capable of executing a threatening delivery to Carroll. This was unfortunate as both goals came predictably from losing possession around the Spur''s box and being RAPED at the back, the pace of Lennon and Bale destroying us like a rabid mule deflowering an unsuspecting catholic schoolgirl.

I didn't think Tiote was at his best today - he has set himself very high standards - which was probably due to the frenetic pace of the game as it went on. I am not surprised that there are so many civil wars in Africa with people like Cheik running about; he is a hot-headed sonofabitch, though he did well not to flip out completely given the circumstances - Kaboul was deservedly sent off for being a cunt.

I think Spurs are a bunch of metrosexual bling-faggots who would rather spend time buying mascara from Boots.com and trying out fragrances than playing football. Unfortunately the referee was a faggot-enabler and allowed them to get away with diving and general skulduggery, and punished Carroll needlessly when he had eyes only for the ball. As the game went on there was a clear edge to it and the pace increased in the second-half. Ranger and Lovenkrands are respectively too inexperienced and lethargic for such a game, but alas they were our only options. We need to stop the rot now and get a result in our next game.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Dog-doo, Par-doo, Hughton couldn't have done any worse than 2 losses on the trot.

Didn't expect to win but when they went to 10 men I thought we may salvage a point.

PERCH at left back???? why not Jonas?? he's played full-back for Argentina.

No score at half-time raised hopes.

Lone striker is not the answer, Pardew should have seen that last game.

Should have taken Tiote off earlier, he was a red-card waiting to happen and we're lucky he didn't get one.

Dog-doo, Par-doo, Hughton couldn't have done any worse than 2 losses on the trot.

Didn't expect to win but when they went to 10 men I thought we may salvage a point.

Should have taken Tiote off earlier, he was a red-card waiting to happen and we're lucky he didn't get one.

did you see Jonas playing full back for Argentina ?

Ho hum.

Not Pardew's fault if he has shit cards to play with..........

We've got Wigan, West Ham and Sunderland coming up in the League. I'd want to take at least 6 points from them and I honestly think that a fit side will be able to.

and in 2008 we had West Ham (h), Blackburn (a) and Man City (a) who at that time were only 2 points above us.

We got 1 point.

Might sound like a stuck record but this is exactly the kind of performance which was put in 2 years ago - some early promise involving coping ok with opposition only for it to end with no points because of complete lack of goal threat combined with iffy defending.

I honestly don't see why people are so confident that we'll be okay.

exactly.

We had better players 2 years ago, but the spirit is better now, at least for the moment, on the back of winning a lot last season. A few more defeats, a couple more injuries and we are fucked. Needless to say, what happens in January could easily decide which way we go.

Edited by LeazesMag

Now that we have Pardew at the reins of managing the team we are going the way of having no style or class any player we have that does have some real potential wont be long in wanting away. The day Ashley arrived at the TOON was the day the coffin nails started to be hammered down

Thought we did well first-half, we were playing route 1 and the game was scrappy which didn't allow Spurs to utilize their pace and quality against us.

Whilst Barton did a good job in central midfield breaking up the play and retaining possession, his final ball was inconsistent today which left us with no players capable of executing a threatening delivery to Carroll. This was unfortunate as both goals came predictably from losing possession around the Spur''s box and being RAPED at the back, the pace of Lennon and Bale destroying us like a rabid mule deflowering an unsuspecting catholic schoolgirl.

I didn't think Tiote was at his best today - he has set himself very high standards - which was probably due to the frenetic pace of the game as it went on. I am not surprised that there are so many civil wars in Africa with people like Cheik running about; he is a hot-headed sonofabitch, though he did well not to flip out completely given the circumstances - Kaboul was deservedly sent off for being a cunt.

I think Spurs are a bunch of metrosexual bling-faggots who would rather spend time buying mascara from Boots.com and trying out fragrances than playing football. Unfortunately the referee was a faggot-enabler and allowed them to get away with diving and general skulduggery, and punished Carroll needlessly when he had eyes only for the ball. As the game went on there was a clear edge to it and the pace increased in the second-half. Ranger and Lovenkrands are respectively too inexperienced and lethargic for such a game, but alas they were our only options. We need to stop the rot now and get a result in our next game.

and to think its only a few years ago that we were also a bunch of metrosexual bling faggots who spent more time buying mascara from Boots and trying out fragrances rather than playing football too.

Is Danny Blanchflower around these days or has he managed to sneak back yet ?

Hughton 3 losses and two draws on the trot, before Pardew came in.

Your second point come up time and again, yet time and again 10 men prove very difficult to break down, so where this fallacy of the game getting easier to win come from, I've no idea

I can understand why he wanted to flood the midfield which would leave us short at the back or up front.

He took him off before he got a Red Card, so he took him off in time.

I not a Pardew man by any stretch, but I think your arguments are flawed.

As stated before the current relegation battle is below Sunderland and Bolton, Blackpool being the possible exception with the games in hand they have. We have to split off into the right path and actually start winning the winnable games, then we wouldn't have to whine so much when we get beat off teams who are comfortably better.

and in 2008 we had West Ham (h), Blackburn (a) and Man City (a) who at that time were only 2 points above us.

We got 1 point.

I know what you're saying, but we're not the worst team in the league, in fact I reckon 12th is right where we belong and where we'll end up. I'm not going to see my team lose to two CL challengers and suddenly think that we're definitely down.

As stated before the current relegation battle is below Sunderland and Bolton, Blackpool being the possible exception with the games in hand they have. We have to split off into the right path and actually start winning the winnable games, then we wouldn't have to whine so much when we get beat off teams who are comfortably better.

Correct.

Your second point come up time and again, yet time and again 10 men prove very difficult to break down, so where this fallacy of the game getting easier to win come from, I've no idea

It's not a fallacy to say it's easier to win against ten men than eleven, you dope. ;)

So why is that so often 10 men hold out (or win) against 11?

I'm not saying that is definitely harder to beat 10 men, just that's it's not definitely easier.

It's not a fallacy to say it's easier to win against ten men than eleven, you dope. ;)

So why is that so often 10 men hold out (or win) against 11?

I'm not saying that is definitely harder to beat 10 men, just that's it's not definitely easier.

Here's a hypothetical situation for you:

You have been appointed to a senior position in the FA - once they saw on your CV that you've never kicked a ball in your life, the job was yours to lose - and you are not required to be impartial. You are given the option to implement a new law whereby every team that plays Newcastle in the league can only field a team of ten men. You want Newcastle to have the best chance of winning every game, do you implement this new law or not?

To conclude, of course it's fucking easier playing with an extra man.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

the "6 pointers" are the most crucial, but we have already lost 2 of those at home, and drew another.

the "6 pointers" are the most crucial, but we have already lost 2 of those at home, and drew another.

Yes we know. Albeit the point he was making was about future games (because the past is the past and theres nothing to be played for there) it was nonetheless still acknowledged within his post anyway.