Tottenham 2-0 Newcastle

The Fish

Not nice to lose two on the bounce but hardly surprising, although we must get points against 'lesser' teams now, there's no room for error.

The win against Liverpool gave us 3 vital points and in fairness, if we'd have drawn all three of our last games we'd be happy but we'd have exactly the same points.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As stated before the current relegation battle is below Sunderland and Bolton, Blackpool being the possible exception with the games in hand they have. We have to split off into the right path and actually start winning the winnable games, then we wouldn't have to whine so much when we get beat off teams who are comfortably better.

the "6 pointers" are the most crucial, but we have already lost 2 of those at home, and drew another.

Yes we know. Albeit the point he was making was about future games (because the past is the past and theres nothing to be played for there) it was nonetheless still acknowledged within his post anyway.

sorry, but was that reply meant for Rob who also answered ?

I'll wait for Tom to reply himself thanks, dickhead ;)

I realise he mean't future games btw. 2 years ago we also know we lost at home to Hull and didn't win the away game to make up for it. One day you might make a useful comment man without being obsessed with replying to me.

As stated before the current relegation battle is below Sunderland and Bolton, Blackpool being the possible exception with the games in hand they have. We have to split off into the right path and actually start winning the winnable games, then we wouldn't have to whine so much when we get beat off teams who are comfortably better.

the "6 pointers" are the most crucial, but we have already lost 2 of those at home, and drew another.

Yes we know. Albeit the point he was making was about future games (because the past is the past and theres nothing to be played for there) it was nonetheless still acknowledged within his post anyway.

I realise he mean't future games btw. 2 years ago we also know we lost at home to Hull and didn't win the away game to make up for it. One day you might make a useful comment man without being obsessed with replying to me.

It can apply to either of you. But you made the point, he merely agreed.

If we obsess about games where we've lost points it's not going to assist us in picking up points in future, psychologically. We have to go into all of our winnable games with a clean slate, rather than being defeatist about the fact we've already dropped points to those opponents.

Dog-doo, Par-doo, Hughton couldn't have done any worse than 2 losses on the trot.

Didn't expect to win but when they went to 10 men I thought we may salvage a point.

PERCH at left back???? why not Jonas?? he's played full-back for Argentina.

No score at half-time raised hopes.

Lone striker is not the answer, Pardew should have seen that last game.

Should have taken Tiote off earlier, he was a red-card waiting to happen and we're lucky he didn't get one.

Hughton 3 losses and two draws on the trot, before Pardew came in. I suppose I was making a point that sacking Hughton hasn't garnished an improvement as yet has it.

Your second point come up time and again, yet time and again 10 men prove very difficult to break down, so where this fallacy of the game getting easier to win come from, I've no idea I never spoke of a win, only that we may have got a draw against 10 men. What's the fallacy in that?.

I can understand why he wanted to flood the midfield which would leave us short at the back or up front.

He took him off before he got a Red Card, so he took him off in time. That's true, but Tiote did commit a foul that could/should have seen him off, and the longer he stayed on was stretching the odds.

I not a Pardew man by any stretch, but I think your arguments are flawed. My comments are not arguments, they're opinions, my opinions which I believe I am entitled to, flawed or not Mr. Fish.

It can apply to either of you. But you made the point, he merely agreed.

If we obsess about games where we've lost points it's not going to assist us in picking up points in future, psychologically. We have to go into all of our winnable games with a clean slate, rather than being defeatist about the fact we've already dropped points to those opponents.

of course, but it's the players psychological frame of mind you are talking about here, not us. What we say on here, at work or in the pub due to any degree of obsession, makes no difference whatsoever. If we go down by one point, like last time, we will look at the 7 home points dropped against Blackburn, Wigan and Blackpool, whatever the away results.

LONDON (AP) — Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has criticized defender Jose Enrique for revealing on Twitter that he would miss Tuesday's Premier League match at Tottenham.

The Spaniard wrote in broken English four hours before the match, "we decide is better dont play."

Pardew was annoyed that key team news had been leaked.

"Did he tweet it, did he?" Pardew asked reporters after a 2-0 loss at White Hart Lane. "Players can't be giving that sort of information out."

Pardew says "it's difficult to police ... we need to make it as a club policy that it has to stop."

Asked if Enrique would be fit for Sunday's match against West Ham, Pardew replied: "I'll check his tweet."

The tweets were subsequently removed from Enrique's Twitter feed.

Your second point come up time and again, yet time and again 10 men prove very difficult to break down, so where this fallacy of the game getting easier to win come from, I've no idea

It's not a fallacy to say it's easier to win against ten men than eleven, you dope. ;)

So why is that so often 10 men hold out (or win) against 11?

I'm not saying that is definitely harder to beat 10 men, just that's it's not definitely easier.

Here's a hypothetical situation for you:

You have been appointed to a senior position in the FA - once they saw on your CV that you've never kicked a ball in your life, the job was yours to lose - and you are not required to be impartial. You are given the option to implement a new law whereby every team that plays Newcastle in the league can only field a team of ten men. You want Newcastle to have the best chance of winning every game, do you implement this new law or not?

To conclude, of course it's fucking easier playing with an extra man.

If it's so easy, why then are there so many examples of ten men holding out against more men? I mean, by your logic everytime the opposition goes down to 10 men, the full strength team should win... given that it's Always easier. I mean, it's not like a team of ten men change their formation to pack out the defence, or change their tactics, retreating to their own half.. No, nowt like that.

fuck off you twat :icon_lol:

Defeating 10 men is only easier if the manager of the weakened side keeps things as they are. Which he won't.

fwiw I have to give Mancmag some credit, he's started a rumour I've never kicked a ball and it's stuck, with hilarious consequences. :icon_lol:

He took him off before he got a Red Card, so he took him off in time.

Purely luck though, nothing was to be gained from keeping a player on the pitch who is clearly not in the right frame of mind. At worst he gets sent off, at best he's so careful that he's ineffective.

Your second point come up time and again, yet time and again 10 men prove very difficult to break down, so where this fallacy of the game getting easier to win come from, I've no idea

It's not a fallacy to say it's easier to win against ten men than eleven, you dope. ;)

So why is that so often 10 men hold out (or win) against 11?

I'm not saying that is definitely harder to beat 10 men, just that's it's not definitely easier.

Here's a hypothetical situation for you:

You have been appointed to a senior position in the FA - once they saw on your CV that you've never kicked a ball in your life, the job was yours to lose - and you are not required to be impartial. You are given the option to implement a new law whereby every team that plays Newcastle in the league can only field a team of ten men. You want Newcastle to have the best chance of winning every game, do you implement this new law or not?

To conclude, of course it's fucking easier playing with an extra man.

If it's so easy, why then are there so many examples of ten men holding out against more men? I mean, by your logic everytime the opposition goes down to 10 men, the full strength team should win... given that it's Always easier. I mean, it's not like a team of ten men change their formation to pack out the defence, or change their tactics, retreating to their own half.. No, nowt like that.

fuck off you twat :icon_lol:

Defeating 10 men is only easier if the manager of the weakened side keeps things as they are. Which he won't.

fwiw I have to give Mancmag some credit, he's started a rumour I've never kicked a ball and it's stuck, with hilarious consequences. :icon_lol:

Tbf Dave, if it was actually harder to beat a team with 10 men then you'd always start with 10 men. That's logic.

As for you never kicking a ball, if by some chance you have started playing football since I started that 'rumour' then I'm willing to bet the reality is even more hilarious than the rumour itself. You couldn't trap a bag of wet cement and you fucking well know it.

Purely luck though, nothing was to be gained from keeping a player on the pitch who is clearly not in the right frame of mind. At worst he gets sent off, at best he's so careful that he's ineffective.

To be honest I think there's a bit of over-reaction to an average performance against what is a very good Spurs side. Everybody was saying we'd lose, before kick off, and now that we have it seems people are appalled that we did. Other than picking Perch, I'm not sure what I would have tried differently in Pardew's shoes? Most of us would have been cautious against such a quick skill full opponent. We probably would have plumped for 4-5-1 or at least had a 4-4-1-1 with Whomever operating behind Carroll sufficiently to be able to help out with the midfield duties.

I honestly think we'd still have lost if Jose and Nolan were starting. So I'm not sure where this level of shock is coming from?

I also don't think losing away to Spurs is the final nail in our coffin, there's still half the season to play and there's still plenty of "Arsenal Away" and "Blackpool at Home"-s to come.

We'll end up 11th-14th and I'm willing to put £20 on that.

Tbf Dave, if it was actually harder to beat a team with 10 men then you'd always start with 10 men. That's logic.

As for you never kicking a ball, if by some chance you have started playing football since I started that 'rumour' then I'm willing to bet the reality is even more hilarious than the rumour itself. You couldn't trap a bag of wet cement and you fucking well know it.

Fucking Hell, I'm not saying it's DEFINITELY easier to get a result with ten men, I'm saying (and have from the start) that's it's NOT DEFINITELY easier to get a result against 10 men.

Am I speaking fucking Swahili? ;)

and fwiw I've never been great at football, never claimed to be, but I've certainly played and other than trying to find a photo there's fuck all I can do to prove it, so I'll not bother if it's all the same and I'll not waste my time.

Fuck me, I know I sound huffy, but it does bother me... people who know nowt about me are dismissing opinions based on nothing but your casual supposition.

Fucking Hell, I'm not saying it's DEFINITELY easier to get a result with ten men, I'm saying (and have from the start) that's it's NOT DEFINITELY easier to get a result against 10 men.

Am I speaking fucking Swahili? ;)

and fwiw I've never been great at football, never claimed to be, but I've certainly played and other than trying to find a photo there's fuck all I can do to prove it, so I'll not bother if it's all the same and I'll not waste my time.

Fuck me, I know I sound huffy, but it does bother me... people who know nowt about me are dismissing opinions based on nothing but your casual supposition.

:icon_lol:

To be honest I think there's a bit of over-reaction to an average performance against what is a very good Spurs side. Everybody was saying we'd lose, before kick off, and now that we have it seems people are appalled that we did. Other than picking Perch, I'm not sure what I would have tried differently in Pardew's shoes? Most of us would have been cautious against such a quick skill full opponent. We probably would have plumped for 4-5-1 or at least had a 4-4-1-1 with Whomever operating behind Carroll sufficiently to be able to help out with the midfield duties.

I honestly think we'd still have lost if Jose and Nolan were starting. So I'm not sure where this level of shock is coming from?

I also don't think losing away to Spurs is the final nail in our coffin, there's still half the season to play and there's still plenty of "Arsenal Away" and "Blackpool at Home"-s to come.

We'll end up 11th-14th and I'm willing to put £20 on that.

Spot on.

Overall the game plan was working and only fucked up because they had Lennon and Bale and we had Jonas and Routledge.

Both goals were good goals.

On the day I just tink we mis fired all over the park. While we seemed to have quite bit of posession in the middle, we couldnt do anything with it from there.

Hopefully we'll find a new right and left winger in January.

Onwards and upwards.

It just shows how 1 dimensional we become when we have Carroll Playing solo up front ;)

I understand it's our main goal line - but we really need more threats than ; "as soon as it goes to the wings, everyone run to the area and mark carroll" because any team on its average day seems to be wise to it now.

In all honesty i reckon anything other than a loss would have been a win today - tottenham are on a good run at the moment, and though i hate the cunts, their supporters and that porridge faced monstrosity of a manager - i would have been surprised had we not lost.

The thing that saddens me isnt the loss, it's how out of ideas and and out of belief we seemed during the match. There was no creativity, no strength, no will to do anything other than what we know occasionally brings goals.

Ok the ref didnt really help matters by blowing his whistle every time Carroll was near their area, and even their 2nd goal came from the ref not minding someone trying to take carrols legs off at the shins.

But you play to the whistle, and we didnt create the chances for ourselves when we needed to.

I reckon a little more composure, and Barton having a much better day with his set pieces than he did, would have made the world of difference here.

Barton seemed lacklustre - and Things like routledge trying to emulate lennons goal when ranger was begging for a tap in just showed the inexperience we have going forward.

We've been promised, "flowing attacking football" - but pardew is limited by what he has.

Im worried about the 1 win in 8, and lack of points. However other results do seem to be favouring us at the moment - We'd be expected to show a but of fight against wigan and get a point or three, so i'm reserving judgement until after that match - more than 1 days rest before a match will help - and seeing what happens in the transfer window

Hi , I am new here . I am from Spain, so, sorry for my english ;)

I dont understand why started Smith today, Nile Ranger are doing good performances in the last games.

Andy Carroll was extremately alone all the match , Barton must to play in the midfielder. Poor Routledge aand Jonas too

Now, 2 key games to decide the season: visit the DW and versus WHU

Edited by spanish toon