Wigan Athletic 0-1 Newcastle Utd

Mac-Toon

Yeah, because I think he's ok cover and a decent option as RB (I've been impressed with Simpson though this season) and I think you'd have to pay a canny wedge to replace, i.e. young, promising, English etc. I'll leave it at that as I'm in a generous mood :icon_lol:

You've no idea how happy that makes me alex. :(:)

I said all along Simpson was a good RB.

Well I hoped when he struggled a bit last season after Xmas that he'd been carrying his injury for a while and I think it now looks like that's the case because he looks very comfortable in this division. I did worry he was just a good championship player. He's nee Jose like, but who is?

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, because I think he's ok cover and a decent option as RB (I've been impressed with Simpson though this season) and I think you'd have to pay a canny wedge to replace, i.e. young, promising, English etc. I'll leave it at that as I'm in a generous mood :icon_lol:

He's 24 now, how long is this 'promise' going to go on? Will he still have loads of 'potential' at 26, 27, 28, like Shola?

He's shite like. Better at RB than CB as you've said before and as we saw in '08-09.

He's 24 now, how long is this 'promise' going to go on? Will he still have loads of 'potential' at 26, 27, 28, like Shola?

He's shite like. Better at RB than CB as you've said before and as we saw in '08-09.

I don't really think he is promising tbh. It was more that's how he'd be billed were he sold in January and if we replaced him with like for like. I appreciate a like for like replacement would only really cost a lot by virtue of being English.

Edited by alex

trouble with taylor is his lack of pace and his inbuilt ability to lose the ball whenever he's under pressure. and the rada application. thats the 3rd handball i've seen him do and to be honest he'd be better off as an actor.

in my opinion, he's a player that can perform on occasion but makes too many mistakes and isn't quite going to be there or thereabouts for a top half of the table side. he's a good cover player. not much more than that. i'd really much rather have williamson back in the side.

as for simpson, he is looking like a very tidy right back. can cross a ball as well. reminds me if a young Gary Neville, in that he has all of the attributes to be a good player in that position.

I thought Best was quite unlucky with that attempt. Stumbled just at the wrong moment.

He created it for himself as well. It's not like he missed a tap-in.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chalkboards/create

Tiote, 51 successful passes, 5 unsuccessful. 91% completion. Immense.

4 of his 5 failures were forwards....needs to cut that out tbh CT ;)

:lol: Aye, but a good chunk of the 51 successful were forward as well.

Noticable how much goes down the right these days as opposed to the left. Also lots of that play inside their half.

Its clever stuff like that chalkboard.

Noticable how much goes down the right these days as opposed to the left. Also lots of that play inside their half.

aye I love it. I'm a bit of a statistics nut -- in FIFA and FM I spend a lot of my time just looking through the stats (I really wish there would be something more like the chalkboard in these games, but oh well!).

aye I love it. I'm a bit of a statistics nut -- in FIFA and FM I spend a lot of my time just looking through the stats (I really wish there would be something more like the chalkboard in these games, but oh well!).

The guardian should have a prize for the first team to score a goal that looks like a cock.

The guardian should have a prize for the first team to score a goal that looks like a cock.

Named the Freud Cup.

I thought Best was quite unlucky with that attempt. Stumbled just at the wrong moment.

I missed it watching the stream. When i saw it on MOTD i was surprised there'd been so much guffawing about it in this thread......just seemed to run out of steam......but that single arrow pointing further from goal than toward it tickles me.

Edited by Happy Face