Smith to Leeds

Christmas Tree

Leeds United are interested in bringing Alan Smith back to Elland Road on loan from Newcastle United, according to their manager Simon Grayson.

Smith made 172 appearances for Leeds United between 1998 and 2004.

“He’s a good player and forget any affinity he has with the club in the past,” Grayson said. “If you get a player of Alan Smith’s ability then obviously you would have to be inter sted. We are in the market to make us better.”

If Leeds pursue their interest, one major issue could be how much of Smith’s reported £60,000-a-week salary Newcastle would pay. Leeds are also being linked with a return for Jonathan Woodgate, whom Spurs want to loan to a Championship club.

“We’ve been linked with many players,” Grayson added. “Smith, Woodgate, Kaka, Messi! Smith is a good player, Woodgate is a good player and we want good players at this club. They have fantastic footballing ability, experience and know-how.”

Smith, 30, left Leeds for Manchester United, which is an issue for some fans.

People would have different opinions on bringing back any ex-player, whether it’s Smith, Woodgate or Harry Kewell. I’ll sign players based on what they can do for the club.”

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone name 5 NUFC highlights for Alan Smith. I'm honestly struggling after the header against Sampdoria.

His attempted overhead kick the other week.

Erm, some of his performances in the Championship?

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

He's the biggest disgrace on the clubs books. A mug. A shit footballer and a leech. Let him go now and pay him £1m if we need to do. This has been a great year so far and it will get even better if we can offload this shit cunt now.

Someone name 5 NUFC highlights for Alan Smith. I'm honestly struggling after the header against Sampdoria.

His header against Sampdoria in the friendly

That one tackle he won against someone this season it was quite good

His performance up front against Arsenal under fat sam

His volley that hit the bar against Arsenal this season in the LC

That stunner he pulled in the Diamond in Ponteland last year cunts were on about

The highlight for me will be Simon Grayson with his arm round him holding a Leeds scarf up with a few flashbulbs.

He's the biggest disgrace on the clubs books. A mug. A shit footballer and a leech. Let him go now and pay him £1m if we need to do. This has been a great year so far and it will get even better if we can offload this shit cunt now.

got to love your turn of phrase :icon_lol:

I'd put him in the 20 biggest mugs we've ever had, a self styled hard man who's soft as shite, and I'd put him in the top 20 shitest players we've had in the Premiership era.

His header against Sampdoria in the friendly

That one tackle he won against someone this season it was quite good

His performance up front against Arsenal under fat sam

His volley that hit the bar against Arsenal this season in the LC

That stunner he pulled in the Diamond in Ponteland last year cunts were on about

The highlight for me will be Simon Grayson with his arm round him holding a Leeds scarf up with a few flashbulbs.

His lap of honour at Ibrox?

I'm having an ITK point if he ends up there.

Why not free transfer the cunt. Has offered absolutely nothing since his header against Sampdoria.

It'd be interesting to see how strong his love for Leeds is if they were interested and we offered him to them for nothing.

yep. all that and more besides. not honest enough to be able to put a full 90 minutes in. should not be near our first team squad and should have been honest enough not to keep himself on £60k a week.

Get fucking rid....

Would make sense to tell him go but no-one will pay his wages so he like shola and the other shit on our books are here till the end of their contracts.

Would be very suprised if he left. Suprised but delighted.

Would make sense to tell him go but no-one will pay his wages so he like shola and the other shit on our books are here till the end of their contracts.

Sometimes clubs agree to share the wages.

I know that but this isnt FM and FMA is the owner remember.

See when Robbie Fowler went to Man City, Leeds were still paying him £30k a week for the next two years.

No but it happens, see above.

I know it happens stevie....but do you seriously think FMA would sanction a % of the wages for someone whos not gonna be on our squad list?

I know it happens stevie....but do you seriously think FMA would sanction a % of the wages for someone whos not gonna be on our squad list?

To save money? Aye.