Jay Bothroyd.

Nyff

We definitely need another striker and this fits with our model of signing Championship players and hoping they come good. Somehow I doubt Cardiff will want to part with him on the cheap though - I've seen upwards of 6m bandied about in the press when other clubs were linked to him.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
CaulkinTheTimes:

#NUFC transfer update: talks held with Cardiff over Jay Bothroyd. More planned for after derby this w/e. http://thetim.es/fN2KnI (subs).

for fuck sake he's shite

Agree, I'd rather have Betty Bothroyd. This is his only decent goalscoring season in his career too.

Heard a rumour today that we had offered a straight swap deal for Beckford

Rather have Beckford to be fair

Fuck me that's a bold statement. Moyes is a knacker for letting Yakubu go.

Moyes is a knacker for letting Yakubu go.

That surprised me too. Not exactly banging them in, Everton like.

It is a strange one, he was getting better and then got dropped

Must of had a bust-up

we have to loan one out to get another in (some Monaco striker who also doesn't score goals)

If they had someone like Carroll or Crouch they'd be 5th or 6th. The board have fuck all serious cash though, never have had really for 20 years, if they could get their money back for Fellaini they should do it imo. Santa Cruz would do a canny job for them. Really though they probably need three strikers imo.

If they had someone like Carroll or Crouch they'd be 5th or 6th. The board have fuck all serious cash though, never have had really for 20 years, if they could get their money back for Fellaini they should do it imo. Santa Cruz would do a canny job for them. Really though they probably need three strikers imo.

Fellaini is quality, we should look to offload Bilyaletdinov to any Russian club dumb enough to give us some money back

Fucking hell he's fucking gash, what happened to all this 'no longer signing players around the 30 mark unless it's a rare case (i.e a player that's too good to turn down)' please say they don't honestly think Bothroyd is in that category of too good to miss, he's proven to be poor and at 28 he's not going to suddenly get better.

Fellaini is quality, we should look to offload Bilyaletdinov to any Russian club dumb enough to give us some money back

I think Fellaini is very overrated I've seen a lot of him, obv not as much as you if you go home and away, but for his size he's not very imposing, and he has the shittest hair cut English football has seen since Djbril Cisse fucked off.

This is probably the sequence of events that occured.

Fat Mike: "Alan, so what do you make of Jay Bothroyd?"

Pardew: 'Donno, we need a striker. But, I don't think he is what we are looking for...'

Derek: ''Thing is though, Jay Bothroyd is an England International Striker.'

*Fat Mike thinks to himself that he will be useful in the sports-direct advertisement campaign*

Fat Mike: "Sign him up!!............... Oh yeah, no more than £2million though."

He got picked for England a couple of months back so he cant be that horrific. Would be more excited if he was early 20s though. Youre pretty much the finished article at 28

COUGH Ricketts, Vassell, Powell, Jeffers, etc COUGH

He got picked for England a couple of months back so he cant be that horrific. Would be more excited if he was early 20s though. Youre pretty much the finished article at 28

So did Scott Carson, Matthew Upson, Michael Dawson, Jeff Thomas, Carlton Palmer, Mick-ey Grayuh, Sewpa Kev, Gavin McCann......