Ricky Gervais at the Golden Globes

Jimbo

I'm not his biggest fan but it seems Hollywood has thrown a huge hissy-fit after Ricky Gervais' hosting of the Golden globes, I've sat through a few of his stand up DVD's and found them dull as fuck but last night I thought he was hilarious, but it seems Hollywood seems to miss the British sense of humour when it comes to being able to laugh at yourself.

I'm not his biggest fan but it seems Hollywood has thrown a huge hissy-fit after Ricky Gervais' hosting of the Golden globes, I've sat through a few of his stand up DVD's and found them dull as fuck but last night I thought he was hilarious, but it seems Hollywood seems to miss the British sense of humour when it comes to being able to laugh at yourself.

Thought it was a thinly disguised rabid attack personally. It is funny but it is also very scary for the audience who are smiling cause they have no choice. ;)

Ricky Gervais is a comic for toffs and the gay community. He reminds me of David Walliams, a cat pissing in your shoe is more funny. Only reason he got the job was because of the office and other people wrote that for him.

How is he for toffs? I think you're confusing intelligence tbh.

Plus, saying the only reason he got the job is because of the office is pointless. All comics, actors get roles on the back of something else they've done.

Surely a comic like yourself acknowledges that. ;)

I've now read a few of his jibes and think they were all pretty tame - any celebs that complained really need to look at themselves.

Does Downey think nobody knows about his problems or does he just think you shouldn't be allowed to joke about it?

I've now read a few of his jibes and think they were all pretty tame - any celebs that complained really need to look at themselves.

Does Downey think nobody knows about his problems or does he just think you shouldn't be allowed to joke about it?

I was surprised at him taking the huff. He seems like a decent bloke so to get all precious like that was a bit disappointing.

Ricky Gervais is a comic for toffs and the gay community. He reminds me of David Walliams, a cat pissing in your shoe is more funny. Only reason he got the job was because of the office and other people wrote that for him.

How is he for toffs? I think you're confusing intelligence tbh.

Plus, saying the only reason he got the job is because of the office is pointless. All comics, actors get roles on the back of something else they've done.

Surely a comic like yourself acknowledges that. :lol:

He only got that cruise ship gig by creating it within his own mind.

I was surprised at him taking the huff. He seems like a decent bloke so to get all precious like that was a bit disappointing.

What was strangest was that he complained about the tone....and then announced the best actress nominees in terms of how much he'd like to fuck each and every one of them.

Classy.

Not that I'm one to defend American celebrities but you can see why they got a bit pissed off. I like how after he says all the Sex and the City girls were airbrushed you see one of the blokes from the film laugh and nod as if to say "he's got a point." :lol: