John Carver

Giraffidae

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can remember him being slagged off quite a bit on this board at one time.

Anyway, good appointment for me.

Can you? I can't like. I can remember Wadsworth getting some stick over his 'talent'-spotting skills though. Anyway, I think this is good news but I'm not that excited by it as it's not really going to change that much at the club.

I dont particularly have the desire to search for it but im sure there were a few negative posts.

ALL the posts about Wandsworth were negative. :nah:

SBR rated him very highly as well remember :lol:

Wasn't there a lot of talk on here at when we started to struggle under Robson that he needed a better/more experienced assistant?

Wadsworth was defnitely much more heavily critiscised though.

Anyway, good appointment for me.

Can you? I can't like. I can remember Wadsworth getting some stick over his 'talent'-spotting skills though. Anyway, I think this is good news but I'm not that excited by it as it's not really going to change that much at the club.

I dont particularly have the desire to search for it but im sure there were a few negative posts.

ALL the posts about Wandsworth were negative. :lol:

I'm not surprised it's the biggest sex offenders prison in Europe.

:nah:

Some sections disagreed with him over the incident with Bellamy at the airport but they were by far in the minority.

I seem to remember many suggesting he should have been the one to take over the Manager's job with SBR moving upstairs.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
I dont see what the big deal is. Assistance don't make much of a difference.

A good assistant is imperative to any club. Look what happened to Leeds when Poyet fucked off.

A lot of evidence to suggest otherwise. I think even the greats need sounding boards / someone to bounce ideas off / someone to suggest a change at the right time in a match, not to mention being a buffer between the boss and the players. Even Pardew might benefit from this.

A good assistant is imperative to any club. Look what happened to Leeds when Poyet fucked off.

Leeds imploded when Poyet left because Wise was shit.

We've been running without one for so long and I don't see Pardew as being someone to take the assistance advise onboard. So I doubt he'll be anything more than spare hands.

Man-u have had loads come and go and nothing changes in their style or application.

Edited by Phil

A lot of evidence to suggest otherwise. I think even the greats need sounding boards / someone to bounce ideas off / someone to suggest a change at the right time in a match, not to mention being a buffer between the boss and the players. Even Pardew might benefit from this.

I'm not saying there is no merit to the role, just it wont make much of a difference to results.

Leeds imploded when Poyet left because Wise was shit.

We've been running without one for so long and I don't see Pardew as being someone to take the assistance advise onboard. So I doubt he'll be anything more than spare hands.

Man-u have had loads come and go and nothing changes in their style or application.

:lol: Once is forgiveable but twice is just retarded.

BTW, what is it you do to earn your £70k per annum? Clearly nothing to do with numeracy or literacy.

I'm not saying there is no merit to the role, just it wont make much of a difference to results.

Well you can't prove it one way or the other because you don't know what would have happened had an assistant stayed / not been appointed but I think as a sweeping statement it's probably inaccurate.