Holidays

Jan

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks very nice. Where are each of the places?

lake okanagan,fractal forest @shambhalamusicfest, nancy greene lake ....all in super natural british columbia.

I think I need to book a holiday because it seems to be the only way I can be sensible with money - when I know I've got something big to pay for. I'm just wasting cash at the minute so I need to focus it on something! I fancy New York but haven't really looked into it yet.

Anyone know any good sites for last minute deals.

Lastminute.com, teletext.com and icelolly seem to be similar prices days, weeks or months in advance.

Want to come camping?

de_acampada.gif

:razz:

Edited by Christmas Tree

Lastminute.com, teletext.com and icelolly seem to be similar prices days, weeks or months in advance.

Want to come camping?

de_acampada.gif

:razz:

I went camping the other week and some f**ker nicked my solar powered lights! :lol::lol::icon_lol:

Want to come camping?

de_acampada.gif

;)

:D I love those smileys!

Want to come camping?

de_acampada.gif

;)

Think I'd prefer to relax this time. Hot sun, air conditioned room, the odd dip in the pool.

Anyone been to Bulgaria? What's it like? I'm thinking it'll be like Turkey but not as hot.

Very expensive once you're there though. Especially at this time of year (I'm guessing he's after a bargain). HF, my advice would be Greece in September if you can be arsed to wait that is.

Very expensive once you're there though. Especially at this time of year (I'm guessing he's after a bargain). HF, my advice would be Greece in September if you can be arsed to wait that is.

Everything we've considered so far has been exactly that. Greece first week or so of September. We did Halkidiki last time though. Hoping to try somewhere else.

Tripadvisor is the biggest hindrance tbh. Any negative reviews whatsoever and she'll not have it, even if the other 90% say it's spot on.

;)

Everything we've considered so far has been exactly that. Greece first week or so of September. We did Halkidiki last time though. Hoping to try somewhere else.

Tripadvisor is the biggest hindrance tbh. Any negative reviews whatsoever and she'll not have it, even if the other 90% say it's spot on.

;)

If you go further south / east i.e. Rhodes (or somewhere near like Symi, etc.) or Crete or somewhere like that it's going to be nice and warm well into September (probably October), the Ionians (Corfu etc. is a bit dodgier at that time of year, weather-wise). You can fly from Newcastle to Crete and Rhodes as well.

Edited by alex

:D

If you go further south / east i.e. Rhodes (or somewhere near like Symi, etc.) or Crete or somewhere like that it's going to be nice and warm well into September (probably October), the Ionians (Corfu etc. is a bit dodgier at that time of year, weather-wise). You can fly from Newcastle to Crete and Rhodes as well.

Cheers. I'll push the South East options. ;)

;)

Most of the time with Tripadvisor, if somewhere is generally positively reviewed, if you actually read what the negative ones have to say it's some nitpicky arsehole that's got fixated on one thing on their holiday and has then spent the rest of their time away lying by the pool mentally writing their review in their head. It'll turn out that "there was a bit of a queue to check in on arrival (ONE STAR).....oh but the rest of the holiday was lovely thanks".

• 2 months later...

What's the best site for cheap, family holidays? Just had a quick look for next year for me, the lass and the bairn and May seems a decent shout (due to price).

Where would be best to go to, would stuff be open in May? :lol:

Edited by Besty

Most of the time with Tripadvisor, if somewhere is generally positively reviewed, if you actually read what the negative ones have to say it's some nitpicky arsehole that's got fixated on one thing on their holiday and has then spent the rest of their time away lying by the pool mentally writing their review in their head. It'll turn out that "there was a bit of a queue to check in on arrival (ONE STAR).....oh but the rest of the holiday was lovely thanks".

Aye, that's spot on. :lol: We use Tripadvisor loads when booking things, but actually reading the posts rather than just going by the scores. People from different places and different age groups have different expectations too, so it's always good to try and put yourself into the shoes of the person writing and work out if you'd be massively bothered by, I don't know, no fluffy dressing gown in your hotel room or slightly surly cleaning staff. And if a 4-star place (say) has a number of negative reviews because it's more like 2 stars but you're getting it on an offer for £30 a night... It's all about context.

I'm going to Benalmadena (20 minutes from Malaga airport) in may, we paid £450 between 4 of us for the apartment for 10 days, then paid £90 each return flights, yes it's self catering but there is a supermarket right by the apartments + lovely restaurants throughout + most places have cheap ale (1euro a bottle of malou most places)

much prefer doing it that way so we're not pressured into eating at the hotel all the time, been there a few times, really chilled nice place

Edited by Idioteque

I'm going to Benalmadena (20 minutes from Malaga airport) in may, we paid £450 between 4 of us for the apartment for 10 days, then paid £90 each return flights, yes it's self catering but there is a supermarket right by the apartments + lovely restaurants throughout + most places have cheap ale (1euro a bottle of malou most places)

much prefer doing it that way so we're not pressured into eating at the hotel all the time, been there a few times, really chilled nice place

Tell Chunky I said hello.