Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd definitely give it to Monk or maybe Koeman.

Mourinho is a great manager and deserves recognition for that, but I don't think this season really tested his mettle. It's not like he had to inspire a team to maintain their high standards while they duke it out blow for blow with a Man City firing on all cylinders or anything.

What Monk has quietly achieved with Swansea in a season where a lot of people expected his limitations would be laid bare, is really impressive.

Aye. He is a cracking manager.

Eddie Howe LMA manager of the year

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32894562

If I was voting today I think I'd gave gone for Alex Neil at Norwich.

Monk has been very good but Mark Hughes spent the least last summer and lost his best player in January, only finished two points behind Swansea. Also did football in general a huge favour by exposing that bullshitting charlatan Rodgers for the useless cunt he truly is on Sunday :good:

Monk has been very good but Mark Hughes spent the least last summer and lost his best player in January, only finished two points behind Swansea. Also did football in general a huge favour by exposing that bullshitting charlatan Rodgers for the useless cunt he truly is on Sunday :good:

Think Hughes had a better platform and more of a reputation to cash in, but you can't say he hasn't done brilliantly. He'll tweak that team again next year I reckon, try to get a full season from some of the more crafty players like Bojan and Arnautovic (sp?).

Monk has done more with less, imo.

I'm struggling to think who you mean by Stokes best player they lost? Sold or to an injury?

Bear in mind Swansea lost Bony that month.

I'm struggling to think who you mean by Stokes best player they lost? Sold or to an injury?

Bear in mind Swansea lost Bony that month.

I think he means Bojan to injury.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2015/may/27/premier-league-team-season-2014-2015

Sunderland keeper in team of the season, to be fair he had a stormer in the run-in. Definitely kept them in the league with those performances at Everton and Arsenal.

Was thinking about their team, quite old aren't they? O'Shea & Brown were 1st choice CBs, right? They're both 34? Defoe's 30 odd. Larsson, Johnson and Gomez too.

Was thinking about their team, quite old aren't they? O'Shea & Brown were 1st choice CBs, right? They're both 34? Defoe's 30 odd. Larsson, Johnson and Gomez too.

Coates was 1st choice in the run in I think but I'd be surprised if they're able to make it permanent.

Coates was 1st choice in the run in I think but I'd be surprised if they're able to make it permanent.

Not going to spend too much time worrying about them but they're going to surely need to buy a shed-load of players?

Centre backs, midfield (Cattermole apparently not extending his contract?) and up front.

Not going to spend too much time worrying about them but they're going to surely need to buy a shed-load of players?

Centre backs, midfield (Cattermole apparently not extending his contract?) and up front.

So do we though, we'll be competing with them a lot this summer I reckon unless big mikes interview turns out to be true

So do we though, we'll be competing with them a lot this summer I reckon unless big mikes interview turns out to be true

Nah, even without Garde or whomever, we've still a bigger reputation out there.

Mind you, when have we ever really been competing with them? And importantly when have they beaten us to a star?

Nah, even without Garde or whomever, we've still a bigger reputation out there.

Mind you, when have we ever really been competing with them? And importantly when have they beaten us to a star?

How often have both sides finished so near to one another and both needed such an extensive overhaul though? In Dick Advocaat they also have a coach with a much better continental reputation than their last few (provided mrs advocaat can stomach staying there that is)

using the term "Star" loosely but we definitely wanted larsson

How often have both sides finished so near to one another and both needed such an extensive overhaul though? In Dick Advocaat they also have a coach with a much better continental reputation than their last few (provided mrs advocaat can stomach staying there that is)

using the term "Star" loosely but we definitely wanted larsson

Really?

Either way I think we can still trade on our brand more than they can and, as you say, if Charnley appoints the right kind of Head Coach, they've no chance of competing with us for the kinds of players we should be after.

Really?

Either way I think we can still trade on our brand more than they can and, as you say, if Charnley appoints the right kind of Head Coach, they've no chance of competing with us for the kinds of players we should be after.

Aye, pretty well known at the time I'm sure

Joey Barton to be released. He's 33 in September, surely going to hang up his boots now?

Doubtful IMO, he'll probably feel he has a few seasons left in him at Championship level at least.