Egyptian revolution gathers pace.

Park Life

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Army currently standing aside.

Pro-Mubarak demo said to be secret services in plain clothes alon with gangs and prisoners and people paid to come in from the outskirts.

Edited by Park Life

I'm watching on bbc, which team is on the left - I dont know which side to support

The people to the right of the 3 trucks are the anti-mubarak from what I can make out. :D

They capt some of the pro and they turned out to be plain clothes coppers and so on...

I'm watching on bbc, which team is on the left - I dont know which side to support

The people to the right of the 3 trucks are the anti-mubarak from what I can make out. :D

They capt some of the pro and they turned out to be plain clothes coppers and so on...

Boo- I've been shouting for the wrong side. Are the ones on the right not the pro mubarak, my guess was the camera would be in the square

"Since 1979, Egypt has been the second largest recipient of U.S. foreign aid, after Israel, according to a 2009 Congressional Research Service (CRS) report.

Beginning in 1973, when Secretary of State Henry Kissinger’s diplomacy led to Egyptian-Israel accords and, eventually, to the 1979 peace treaty with Israel, Egypt has been central to U.S. strategy in the Middle East. The Cairo regime has remained a vital counterweight to Iran and a mediator with the Palestinian Hamas regime."

Reuters:

(Reuters) - The United States has given Egypt an average of $2 billion annually since 1979, much of it military aid, according to the Congressional Research Service. The combined total makes Egypt the second largest recipient of U.S. aid after Israel.

The White House said on Friday it would review U.S. aid to Egypt based on events in the coming days amid mass protests aimed at ending President Hosni Mubarak's 30-year rule.

Here are some facts about the aid:

-- In 2010, $1.3 billion went to strengthen Egyptian forces versus $250 million in economic aid. Another $1.9 million went for training meant to bolster long-term U.S.-Egyptian military cooperation. Egypt also receives hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of excess military hardware annually from the Pentagon.

-- The Obama administration has asked Congress to approve similar sums for the 2011 fiscal year.

:D

Al Jazeera blocked in Egypt. Mobile networks blocked.

1,500 injured yesterday.

5 killed.

Liberation Square still held by anti-Govt supporters.

UN, US and UK call for an end to violence and swift move to peace talks.

Many Pro-Gov supporters captured were found with secret police cards, police cards and have been paid to fight the protestors.

Re: Egypt?

« Reply #169 on: Yesterday at 07:53:22 PM »

Reply with quoteQuote

Good old KFC, one of my friends wrote this on facebook:

"I just came back from Tahrir square. I have seen Mubarak supporters receiving 50 pounds per demonstrator. I asked for 100 pounds to carry a supporting sign but was told that they pay only 50 but they can give me a meal from kfc!

where the fuck did all these pro mubarak protestors come from all of a sudden? blatantly instigated by plain clothed security forces trying to kick things off to hold the main protestors back, and at worst start a civil war.

the most alarming thing to come out of a new democracy in eqypt would be the rise of the muslim brotherhood. the last thing the region needs is an egypt run by a bunch of islamist fruitcases.