The F1 2011 thread

Craig

i think he is a grumpy bellend never seems happy and when brundle would try getting an interview (which im going to miss this season) he would just show some prince of akhbar ect ect... anyway roll on friday i'll be watching everything practice 123 qual and race cant wait.

Whose doing the starting grid walk this year like? Or have they done away with it?

i think its the woman that does the other interviews cant remember her name.

Brundle tweeted soon after it was confirmed that Legard was going that he'd still be doing the grid walks (after all he's been in the commentary box anyway for the past 14 years and still managed them) but he did state they were a tired format and in need of a re-work so may change in the very near future.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think he is a grumpy bellend never seems happy and when brundle would try getting an interview (which im going to miss this season) he would just show some prince of akhbar ect ect... anyway roll on friday i'll be watching everything practice 123 qual and race cant wait.

Whose doing the starting grid walk this year like? Or have they done away with it?

Brundle tweeted soon after it was confirmed that Legard was going that he'd still be doing the grid walks (after all he's been in the commentary box anyway for the past 14 years and still managed them) but he did state they were a tired format and in need of a re-work so may change in the very near future.

Good idea. Can I suggest some chick doing it with her chebs oot?

Good idea. Can I suggest some chick doing it with her chebs oot?

Preferably a full brazilian :jesuswept:

My mate who works for Ilmor reckons they've been playing a deliberate ploy and they've got something up their sleeve.

It's a dangerous game with testing so limited but the word is Whitmarsh can't get the smile off his face.

Time will tell - I reckon it's a shoe-in for Red Bull in Australia like.

Nah, I'm not buying that. No way would they go through all of testing running a decoy. They can't possibly have that much faith in their simulator can they??

I agree that the first race looks like Red Bull's to lose, but Ferrari have been working very hard on their reliability so I expect them to be there to pick up the pieces.

Fucking hell well I wasn't expecting them to be topping the charts. Perhaps Whitmarsh's smile has some substance. Brilliant start for McLaren.

My mate who works for Ilmor reckons they've been playing a deliberate ploy and they've got something up their sleeve.

It's a dangerous game with testing so limited but the word is Whitmarsh can't get the smile off his face.

Nah, I'm not buying that. No way would they go through all of testing running a decoy. They can't possibly have that much faith in their simulator can they??

I agree that the first race looks like Red Bull's to lose, but Ferrari have been working very hard on their reliability so I expect them to be there to pick up the pieces.

Fucking hell well I wasn't expecting them to be topping the charts. Perhaps Whitmarsh's smile has some substance. Brilliant start for McLaren.

did they win?

Wasn't expecting that either. How much fuel did they have on-board? If they were running on vapours its a PR stunt, if they were carrying the same amount as the others it's an eye-opener.

i watched both practices and the tyres were keeping well on the mclaren showed vettels tyres there was chunks missing its going to be very interesting to see the race to gauge exactly who is using the tyres best as thats what its going to come down to i think.

Wasn't expecting that either. How much fuel did they have on-board? If they were running on vapours its a PR stunt, if they were carrying the same amount as the others it's an eye-opener.

Was reading that they were trialling an 'octopus' exhaust system at the tests - multiple outputs on the floor of the car which they've now binned. Hats off to them for trying something radical though.

Had a text of my mate which simply said "fucking told you, didn't i?". Have the feeling this isn't a PR stunt and is a real eye-opener on a similar scale to Brawn in 2009.

Other thing to consider is that with Button's driving style, he's not the kind of bloke to eek a good lap out of a shit car just because it's low on fuel. His shortcoming is that he does need a complete package. Draw your mind back to last year and the two races he won were both both due to circumstantial weather and making a good call. If it hadn't rained in either event it's doubtful he'd have won.

What I'm saying is that for him to be topping the charts in good conditions it has to be a decent car under him. Last time he was doing this was Turkey 2009. What's more Button traditionally performs better on heavy tanks.

Apparently Button and Hamilton were using the wing and the Red Bull drivers weren't, so they're probably still just behind RBR in terms of raw pace.

not in second practice as it was racing conditions so only way to use the wings was to be behind someone within a second.

So exciting you felt the need to post about it. Again. You boring old cunt.

Correct. We get it that you don't like F1, Rob, we really do. Please just leave the thread alone. If there were a horse racing thread you wouldn't find me anywhere near it, but I can easily accept that countless folk love it and get great pleasure from it, so please leave it be in here Rob.

That last death was sickening one fire extinguisher to hand

That'll have been Tom Pryce. Absolutely tragic what happened to him like. You only have to scratch the surface of racing in the 70s and head of some horrific accidents that drivers didn't have a chance of surviving. The one WM mentions about a driver burning to death I presume is Roger Williamson - David Purley trying in vein to pull him out whilst the marshalls just watched.

Worst I ever heard of was Helmut Koinigg. Shoddy armco installation turned it into a guillotine. Poor bastard's car with him still in it passed clean under the lower half of the barrier whilst the top half stayed intact, decapitating him.

It has become a bit boring though. Am I wrong?

Boring as in last season when 3 drivers could have won the title on the last day of the season? There was one boring race last season - the first one. The others were all anything but boring.

So yeah Parky, I think you are wrong.