Blackburn v Newcastle

Christmas Tree

A draw away from home against a team that beat us at home when Carroll played tbh lads :icon_lol:

I'd prefer not to gauge our results off our possibly worst performance of the season.

...and Carroll scored in that match.

The worst performance, by a mile, was the Bolton game.

Man Utd away wasn't great either but that was the first match of the season and against a great side away from home so it can easily be excused.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've scored fuck all away from home all season tbh. I was encouraged by the performance in some aspects: Colo, Enrique, Barton and Tiote were all strong. We should still score at home. Invest 35 mill into that team and we could have a top 8 side.

As good as Enrique was, Blackburn offered no resistance on the left flank, so I don't think the big teams will be rating him along with the likes of Evra and Ashley Cole just yet. Could see Liverpool bidding for him, just have to hope an attractive offer doesn't come from abroad.

We haven't won since the 5-0 West Ham game.

That's 6 games or thereabouts.

I want to be positive when I can but that's a damning statistic.

5 prem games since West Ham, 3 away and 2 at home to Spurs and Arsenal. Beaten only once (away) and that was after Carroll left.

Or beaten once in last 7.

Positive enough? :icon_lol:

A draw away from home against a team that beat us at home when Carroll played tbh lads :icon_lol:

I'd prefer not to gauge our results off our possibly worst performance of the season.

He's injured anyway, so selling him hasn't cost us 2 points TBH :scratchchin:

Not saying it did, but you were the one who brought up Carroll.

You could make a good argument that selling him without replacing him could have cost us two points, assuming we didn't buy someone else who was similarly crocked.

Edited by OzToonFan

We haven't won since the 5-0 West Ham game.

That's 6 games or thereabouts.

I want to be positive when I can but that's a damning statistic.

5 prem games since West Ham, 3 away and 2 at home to Spurs and Arsenal. Beaten only once (away) and that was after Carroll left.

Or beaten once in last 7.

Positive enough? :icon_lol:

What were those pills Ben Arfa slipped you?

The worst performance, by a mile, was the Bolton game.

Man Utd away wasn't great either but that was the first match of the season and against a great side away from home so it can easily be excused.

You're right... but I wasn't wrong :scratchchin:

Too many shit players mixed in with the good.

Sad fact is the 35m (as if it will be anyway) needs to be spent on 4 strikers and 2 wingers and that's not counting replacing Tiote and Enrique.

If we do stop up (5 points gap but I think we will) next year is going to be tougher.

Point gained but the inability to score goals, despite getting 4 last week, is worrying. Blackburn were poor and there for the taking. Best will do well to get 4 or 5 more this season. 4 or 5 teams below us on 30 points too. Birmingham midweek is a huge game.

When is Ben Arfa back?

So Skidders, when I told you Lovenkrands was a winger, I was wrong eh? Did you see the amount of times he was on the wing and not in the box? Take notes son.

Sweet fucking Allah a striker drifting into a wide position, have you never watched football?

What all the fucking time? As I have said before he is being played upfront because your homie didn't buy any strikers and he let the best one go with no replacement.

Just for the record, I am neither Muslim nor Sikh as you appear to think.

Edited by Flair

Barton, oh my. Save the party pieces for training please.

easily his best option in that spot, you'd have no doubt creamed yourself if it came off

Attempting a back heel (and kicking the ball into his own leg and to a Blackburn player) was his best option? Sorry, but NO.

Barton got frustrated in the second half and got progressively worse with his crossing, and set pieces. You can understand his frustration.

you've missed my point tbh

Point gained but the inability to score goals, despite getting 4 last week, is worrying. Blackburn were poor and there for the taking. Best will do well to get 4 or 5 more this season. 4 or 5 teams below us on 30 points too. Birmingham midweek is a huge game.

When is Ben Arfa back?

We've not scored away all season. Second lowest tally. We've scored copious amounts at home all season.

So Skidders, when I told you Lovenkrands was a winger, I was wrong eh? Did you see the amount of times he was on the wing and not in the box? Take notes son.

Sweet fucking Allah a striker drifting into a wide position, have you never watched football?

What all the fucking time? As I have said before he is being played upfront because your homie didn't buy any strikers and he let the best one go with no replacement.

We've never played him on the wing though you fucking fool.

Not in any of the striker-rich 3 seasons he's been here :icon_lol:

Edited by AshleysSkidMark

Maybe because in recent memory, we have always been short in the fucking attacking department? Have your Ashley apologist spectacles blinded you?

Edited by Flair

Maybe because we have always been short in the fucking attacking department in recent memory? Have your Ashley apologist spectacles blinded you?

Martins, Owen, Viduka, Carroll at one point - he STILL didn't play on the wing :scratchchin:

Maybe because we have always been short in the fucking attacking department in recent memory? Have your Ashley apologist spectacles blinded you?

Martins, Owen, Viduka, Carroll at one point - he STILL didn't play on the wing :scratchchin:

You mean when Viduka was absent the whole time? How many games was Mickey playing? Carroll was like 19 and wasn't quite ready then. I seem to remember Martins was injured aswell. ;)

You mean when Viduka was absent the whole time? How many games was Mickey playing? Carroll was like 19 and wasn't quite ready then. I seem to remember Martins was injured aswell. :icon_lol:

What, all at the same time? ;)

You mean when Viduka was absent the whole time? How many games was Mickey playing? Carroll was like 19 and wasn't quite ready then. I seem to remember Martins was injured aswell. :icon_lol:

What, all at the same time? ;)

Yes, why do you think Carroll was plunged into the team at the time?

Tell Jose to stop putting Cristiano up top, he's a winger!

You twat, we've gone through this. Ronaldo scored 17,31,18 goals in three seasons in the premiership. He has spent most of his career upfront.