Birmingham City 0-2 NUFC

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather have Carroll than Bent today. And Bent was 24 mill. in this crazy market.

If Liverpool get back to winning trophies and Carroll is a big part of it, then he's worth every penny. Sounds to me that Kenny has a plan that is similar to the Toshack/Keegan style. And he's willing to back it with cash.

Meanwhile we hear from Pardew that Lovenkrands and Best show there is life after Carroll.

I heard that when MacDonald left.

each IF costs £ 17.5 mm

How many IFs add up to 5 european cups?

New money, old money who cares? The point is they spent it.

I'd rather Pardew didn't say anything if he's implying this is the life we have to look forward to.

We may yet spend our (ridiculously high) windfall, and no he's not implying owt man!, he's keeping the players in question motivated, that's sort of his job !!!!

Based on current league position, we're having our best season since 2004 thus far.

Does it feel like that to you?

Yes it does to be honest, the years since SBR have been utter shit and were trending down, last season and this have had much better "highs", in my opinion.

I don't get all the incessant misery to be honest.

Yes it does to be honest, the years since SBR have been utter shit and were trending down, last season and this have had much better "highs", in my opinion.

I've enjoyed this season more than any season for years, but at the same time its been the most depressing. The realisation that the better somebody plays the less likely they are to be here next season is sickening

I've enjoyed this season more than any season for years, but at the same time its been the most depressing. The realisation that the better somebody plays the less likely they are to be here next season is sickening

Only if you let it sicken you, and your realisation is not proven (yet) why worry about next season, until it's here, anything you, me or anyone "thinks" just now might not ever happen.

All I see just now, is a team which never knows it's beaten, appears to have pride in itself and works like fuck for the cause, what's bad about that. It's about the game after all.

I do agree if someone knocks our socks off (or someone like Man U comes calling) with an offer for Enrique, for example, we'll sell him. Then again I realise if Barca or Real do the same for a Man U player he'll be sold/fuck off as well, it's just the way it is.

Edit - the cure for your depression seems to be, the players can't play as well as they are so no-one'll want them which would result in a crap season/matchday experience. Or maybe we may just keep the players - again a long shot because of the way football is, but I'm a glass half full kinda blokey/codger.

Edited by Toonpack

Don't often say anything on this forum, I'm just one of the lurkers that laugh their bollocks off at the shite (some good....mostly bad), others scibble down before engaging the brain :lol: (May as well join the club eh :icon_lol: )

Just got to say, Big Red Nose must be licking his lips if he watched Tiote v Brum tonight. If we manage to hang on to this player during the summer (fat chance), it would be friggin miracle!!

The guy is a pure athlete. He was all over the shop last night, protecting the back four, keeping the passing simple, bringing others into play, doing the hokey-cokey with Colocini & almost capping a fucking awesome display of central midfield dominance I've seen of a player in a toon shirt in a looonnnnnng while with a thunderous piledriver!

MoM by a country mile!

On a side note, thought Barton was disappointing, few stray passes, set piece delivery wasn't up to his usual standards. Did alot of running & closing down though. Ain't slagging the guy off or nowt, just putting it down to a 'bad day at the office'. Wouldn't be surprised if he ups his game this Saturday to make amends.

Would of settled for a point pre-kick off like. 2-0 away, tremendous result :razz: .

p.s. Oh aye, hope the 2 assists Jonas got will put his confidence into overdrive, about time the fucker delivered!! <_<

Bartons delivery definitely appears not as great, but thats largely because we don't have Andy Carroll to meet the end of it.

If you have a good look at it, he's actually changed the way he's hitting the ball. When Carroll was up front Barton would hang it up as Carroll would beat 99% of opponents to it but he'd also have to generate a lot of power to throw at the ball. Now without Carroll, Barton is trying to hit the ball with more power and flatter - which is harder and why Barton's crossing and set pieces have been off for the last couple of games.

That said Jonas is now doing the opposite and is having more success - albeit from closer to the bi-line than where Barton's deliveries come from.

I really think we need to be focused now on Europe and 7th place. We're 4 points behind Liverpool, and a win against Bolton next week takes us above them and Mackems (if they lose or draw). This could really happen, especially since we only have to play Man Utd and Chelsea from the top 5. The rest of our fixtures are all winable.

:lol:

Loony indeed! :razz:

He means we'll go above Bolton. Daft thing is we'd have been a shoo-in for a European place with one or two better striking options and Ben Arfa not getting injured. I still reckon 9th or 10th is more realistic. Not sure qualifying for Europe would be a good thing with next season in mind.

It wouldn't be great with the extra fixtures, but would make it easier trying to keep hold of Enrique, Tiote, Barton etc. We lose those three and we will soon struggle.

It won't make an ounce of difference.

Whether we keep those three and any other player for that matter is down to one factor and one factor alone.

Whether we keep those three and any other player for that matter is down to one factor and one factor alone.

Whether the club gets sold in the summer? :lol:

Again it is all down to one factor, albeit one person.

El Gordo, the Lord of the Chavs and Decimator of Clubs. Men fear his wrath and women fear his manager. Look on his works ye mighty and wonder where the money went.

That one, you mean? :razz:

El Gordo, the Lord of the Chavs and Decimator of Clubs. Men fear his wrath and women fear his manager. Look on his works ye mighty and wonder where the money went.

That one, you mean? :razz:

Same as the cardboard cunt in your avatar tbh.

Aye, I know exactly what you mean there.

Only if you let it sicken you, and your realisation is not proven (yet) why worry about next season, until it's here, anything you, me or anyone "thinks" just now might not ever happen.

All I see just now, is a team which never knows it's beaten, appears to have pride in itself and works like fuck for the cause, what's bad about that. It's about the game after all.

I do agree if someone knocks our socks off (or someone like Man U comes calling) with an offer for Enrique, for example, we'll sell him. Then again I realise if Barca or Real do the same for a Man U player he'll be sold/fuck off as well, it's just the way it is.

Edit - the cure for your depression seems to be, the players can't play as well as they are so no-one'll want them which would result in a crap season/matchday experience. Or maybe we may just keep the players - again a long shot because of the way football is, but I'm a glass half full kinda blokey/codger.

If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor

Barton Interview

Quote from the article:

I know it’s the nature of this club sometimes that it’s stop-start. As soon as we get something going, players get sold and then we have to start again.

Now that's how I feel and I am as frustrated as fuck with the fat prick. Imagine how the players feel. I don't necessarily feel that players leave for money, all the time.

They leave because they are wasting there careers, relatively short careers at that, pushing shit up a hill for some fat bloke who doesn't give a fuck about them.

Would you leave? Of course you would.

Ashley is a cancer.

What must be worse for them is that they've actually come together as a unit and played with real pride and passion and are (imo) performing above themselves. There's the potential for a canny side there as well, so long as it is built upon (even with Carroll leaving).

I think they are playing to their potential now whereas before they were underachieving.

I think the Carroll sale could be a positive because £35 million beans could potentially buy us into European contention for next season as long as we don't sell anyone.

Enrique, Jonas and Colo had a hard time settling initially imo. Now they are settled to sell them and replace them with new players who would have to then settle again is a pointless exercise. That's not to mention the potential for said replacement signings to be utter garbage.