Birmingham City 0-2 NUFC

Monroe Transfer

What type of reception did 21 or 28 get?

Explain :)

Martins.

Presume we're talking about his age? :lol:

Aye the old song 21 or 28 Obafemi Martins. You've been away too long yee like. Did he get booed?

Whenever he looked dangerous on the ball... so no, not much. :up:

Edit Tell you what, Colo is getting a lot of shots on target following corners or freekicks. Won't be long until he gets an absolute screamer ripping the net, mark my words.

Edit MkII Sky showing his substitution and it's not much of a reaction from us to be honest. A few jeers, but I suppose as he did fuck all, all game, it wasn't really worthwhile.

Edited by The Fish

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What type of reception did 21 or 28 get?

Explain :)

Martins.

Presume we're talking about his age? :lol:

Aye the old song 21 or 28 Obafemi Martins. You've been away too long yee like. Did he get booed?

Honestly didn't twig.. thought you were on about squad numbers for some reason :up:

Guest Marshall-Baines

Steven Carr looks areet here like compared to the rest of their defence, I'm sure I heard the toon fans sarcastically singing Steven, Steven Carr to daddy daddy cool there :)

I mind one of his last games for the toon, he got booed ON as sub, and to be fair to the fat cunt he was fuckin piss himsel laughing.

Maybe Toonmarshy (I think it was him that went) can confirm, but it looks like, the minute Martins went off Birmingham got back into the game :lol;

Great result. I think it's safe to say that we're not going to be relegated, which is great to be able to do with more than 10 games remaining in the season.

Jonas for me was MOTM in this one. Two very good assists and quality in possession throughout. He didn't put in any useless shots, and his link up play and vision with several players was very good.

Noone really had a bad game for us, but several players could have been better. Colo solid at the back, though he and Williamson did a good job to nullify Zigic who has been in decent form apparently. Colo has value beyond his defensive ability in that he's a good passer who is confident and calm in possession (by contrast Williamson has a traditional central defenders mindset of getting rid of the ball by hoofing it as soon as possible, which in his case is probably best). Our whole defensive unit worked well together, playing the offside trap nicely. Enrique we know is very good, but Simpson too deserves credit. He's been in good form since returning from injury and rightfully has earnt his calling as a first choice right back.

Tiote, class. For me summed up his value when he chased Bentley from within their half. Bentley passed it off, and had the return ball played nicely into his path beating Williamson in the process. Had Tiote not chased back Bentley would have been clean in on goal, but thankfully he did and was there to get a clean block on Bentley's shot. Kudos. If they'd scored there I'd say they would have been in with a good shout to push for an equaliser. Nolan didn't have a particularly busy game, but played his part making some tackles and generally making a nuisance of himself. Barton wasn't in the greatest form, but did move the ball around nicely for the most part. Birmingham are pretty decent at defending set pieces at the best of times, they didn't really have any trouble with anything from Barton here. Worth noting that Barton copped some very harsh decisions from the ref, but did well to keep his cool.

Fantastic finish from Lovenkrands for the first. He tried hard, making runs and closing down while he was out there. Deserves credit. Best wasn't particularly good but worked hard at winning headers throughout. Went and did the remarkable by scoring off his head, though the cross did a lot of the hard work for him.

Maybe Toonmarshy (I think it was him that went) can confirm, but it looks like, the minute Martins went off Birmingham got back into the game :lol;

I certainly wasn't happy that he went off. Was doing nothing for them.

Guest Marshall-Baines
Well done on the win tonight boys.

I watched both game simultaneously and you know what a bunch of mugs I think yous are, but I had money you, and as the game went on I'd have wanted you to win anyway. I hate the Italian way, absolute cheating mugs. I think footballers who come in to the Premiership are influenced by English football, as much as English football is influenced by them. Most of them understand the concept of fair play after they've been here a few years. Fucking Flamini though he showed he's been influenced by Serie A, fucking what a cunt he is. He should be banned for 6 games for that tackle, it should be more than a standard ban because that was the textbook leg breaker, and he only gets a yellow card. The way they play as well, pulling shirts, pushing - Italian sides are absolute cunts, which represents their cowardly nation of white flag wavers beautifully. Corrupt to the core, so much to the extent it is accepted that the mafia control 15% of the GDP in Italy. Worst culture and country in western europe. Mugs. Would've been a travesty had Ibrahimovic's goal stood. Your support was wank though, 2500 oh dear, we had 16000 when we played there, but lets face it there's no one like us.

Great result.

Re Martins, that bit just before he went off where he ran on to a ball over the top (offside, naturally), Harper comes out to meet him, and the plank tries to nod the ball past the the keeper whilst running into him, but Harps stands firm and floors the brainless chump. :)

ignoring the blatent bait at the end there, thats almost a compliment Stevie cheers.

They showed all that is bad about European football tonight, diving, snidey pulling and pushing, petulence, outright dangerous tackles. I cant believe Corluka acepted that c**t Flaminis apology, he was at it all game flying in. Still has the scum in him.

Still we should have a team of 22 at the lane right? Do the Italians change sides when their losing???

Guest Marshall-Baines
ignoring the blatent bait at the end there, thats almost a compliment Stevie cheers.

They showed all that is bad about European football tonight, diving, snidey pulling and pushing, petulence, outright dangerous tackles. I cant believe Corluka acepted that c**t Flaminis apology, he was at it all game flying in. Still has the scum in him.

Still we should have a team of 22 at the lane right? Do the Italians change sides when their losing???

Nee bait, all I've done is state facts. 16000 toon fans in the San Siro, Arsenal went there 6 month later and had 1200 and beat them 1-5.

You're right they showed all that is bad about the majority of European latin football, especially Italian they have the most acute form of cuntishness. Tottenham produced a performance like Rocky against Drago in Moscow imo. There was even the - I fight to win for me, FOR ME, from Gattuso, he didn't give a fuck about his team, and Jamie Redknapp was right he was almost playing it up to the crowd. Utter arsehole. Like I say Joe Jordan would've kicked ten colours of shite out of him. The referee was very weak I thought.

Anyway enough about yeez cunts, we are staying up next season now, we can get the champagne out, let's face it there's far more interest in the Premiership when Newcastle are in it, MOTD figures are up 2m this year, and that's obviously cos we're back in it, so a great day for English football today all round.

Nee bait, all I've done is state facts. 16000 toon fans in the San Siro, Arsenal went there 6 month later and had 1200 and beat them 1-5.

You're right they showed all that is bad about the majority of European latin football, especially Italian they have the most acute form of cuntishness. Tottenham produced a performance like Rocky against Drago in Moscow imo. There was even the - I fight to win for me, FOR ME, from Gattuso, he didn't give a fuck about his team, and Jamie Redknapp was right he was almost playing it up to the crowd. Utter arsehole. Like I say Joe Jordan would've kicked ten colours of shite out of him. The referee was very weak I thought.

Anyway enough about yeez cunts, we are staying up next season now, we can get the champagne out, let's face it there's far more interest in the Premiership when Newcastle are in it, MOTD figures are up 2m this year, and that's obviously cos we're back in it, so a great day for English football today all round.

:) Great stuff Stevie.

I think the turning point in our season without a doubt was Smith getting a serious injury. As soon as it was confirmed he was out for the season all fears of relegation were gone and our form exploded. It's nice to see the finishing line now, the season has been very entertaining. We've had some classic games. Chelsea 4-3, 5-1, 4-4, 1-0 vs Arse away, 5 and 6 - 0s. Cracking season in terms of on-field entertainment.