Ashley in a click

Guest LeazesLad

Good lad or mug  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest LeazesLad

No owner has divided opinion like FFS, or so we thought till Ashley came in. I've notced recently, not just on here, but people you speak to, even one of my good mates is actually pro-Ashley to a point, but everyone has a different opinion about him.

So definitively click which one applies to you. 7 fwiw I clicked.

Guest LeazesLad
Last one for me - Said before theres only 4 people whose death I'd welcome and Ashley, Lambias and Wise are three of them.

Who's fourth. People should all say which one they voted for so we know where we stand.

Last one for me - Said before theres only 4 people whose death I'd welcome and Ashley, Lambias and Wise are three of them.

Who's fourth. People should all say which one they voted for so we know where we stand.

My money's on Maggie.

I went for "He's so bad he makes decisions to wind the fans up" - which is the closest to my view.

I actually think he started off with good intentions and wanted a toy to play with, then flog off when done. He has fucked up at just about every turn and now im sure he just makes the decisions based on pissing us off.

Guest LeazesLad
I went for "He's so bad he makes decisions to wind the fans up" - which is the closest to my view.

I actually think he started off with good intentions and wanted a toy to play with, then flog off when done. He has fucked up at just about every turn and now im sure he just makes the decisions based on pissing us off.

I did, but his almost childish comments after Keegan left throwing his rattle out the pram because of the reaction of the fans is incredible.

He's made so many unbelievable decisions that I honestly believe have been done out of vincitiveness. I wouldn't have believed we would've started the season with Chris Hughton in charge in June 2009, that turned out to be a masterstroke by luck more than judgement. I wouldn't believe a manager who 6 weeks previously beat Sunderland 5-1 would be sacked and replaced by someone sacked by a third division team a few month before, I wouldn't have believed we'd have sold Carroll - not that I was entirely against it, and I can't believe they're moving our seats. At least some of those decisions have been made to wind us up don't care what anyone says.

I went for 3 but that's fickle as fuck and largely to do with the fact we've got some good results lately.

Signings like Tiote (and hopefully Ben Arfa) are the kind of signings I wish we'd been better at when FFS was here. There was always a whiff of a backhander once we started signing players like Luque and Boumsong.

Having said that. Carroll was the most exciting player we've had since Shearer in his prime and he's cashed in.

So...I guess we'll have to see how we get on in the summer. I can see us struggling to keep our better players and lots of teams do well the first year after promotion, only to be found out the next season. I hope he realises this.....

Good poll this.

No.7 .

My view - Clearly frustrated at what he paid for and what he got, subsequently pretty cluelessly and pig-headedly gave it a crack 'his way', resented the criticism, became vindictive.

edit - i'd prefer mechanical woe upon Owen's helicopter.

Edited by LoveTheBobby

3 for me but as I've said elsewhere, the summer will tell us once and for all about Mike Ashley.

It is a big shame the bloke is such a recluse and cant communicate with the fans.

With regard to the wider public, in my experience the Ashley haters are in the minority with the rest just bemused by it all.

Guest LeazesLad
3 for me but as I've said elsewhere, the summer will tell us once and for all about Mike Ashley.

It is a big shame the bloke is such a recluse and cant communicate with the fans.

With regard to the wider public, in my experience the Ashley haters are in the minority with the rest just bemused by it all.

In mine, living in a Newcastle heartland not 50-50 territory, 80% of people fucking hate him. Like I say a friend who I respect greatly, who's football crack generally is second to none, he holds the same deluded views about Ashley as your own. When he's speaking about Pardew he calls him "Pards" ffs, Locas if you're reading and I know you do you know am right :lol:

There's just so much he's done even if he does something right in the future I'll still hate him.

My money's on Maggie.

Correct but that I don't like that particular name as it suggests humanity.

In mine, living in a Newcastle heartland not 50-50 territory, 80% of people fucking hate him. Like I say a friend who I respect greatly, who's football crack generally is second to none, he holds the same deluded views about Ashley as your own. When he's speaking about Pardew he calls him "Pards" ffs, Locas if you're reading and I know you do you know am right :lol:

There's just so much he's done even if he does something right in the future I'll still hate him.

If he spends 30 - 40 million in the summer, we get in some more Tiotes and Ben Arfas rather than the Carlton Coles of this world and we start like a steam train next year.......

Do you think he will still get abuse from the minority within St James....... and if he does, will that benefit or hinder his outlook on continuing that improvement?

Guest LeazesLad

If he spends 30 - 40 million in the summer, we get in some more Tiotes and Ben Arfas rather than the Carlton Coles of this world and we start like a steam train next year.......

Do you think he will still get abuse from the minority within St James....... and if he does, will that benefit or hinder his outlook on continuing that improvement?

It's not a minority in St James' it's most. There's a minority who sing abuse due to the evolution of the stadium not because he's not a cunt. IF he spends £40m. It's a big if, he could spend £100m and he'll always been tainted in my eyes. That £40m, I'll bet you £20 now, that our gross spend this summer will be less than £18m.

It's not a minority in St James' it's most. There's a minority who sing abuse due to the evolution of the stadium not because he's not a cunt. IF he spends £40m. It's a big if, he could spend £100m and he'll always been tainted in my eyes. That £40m, I'll bet you £20 now, that our gross spend this summer will be less than £18m.

Aye, I meant the singing abuse.

Your could well be right about the summer and I definitely wouldnt bet against you. Just optimistically hoping that he sees what an opportunity he has to steadily build on a decent group.

He's a useless cunt who even when going through with his plan manages to spectacularly fuck things up. I don't doubt he has a childish and vindictive streak and I think that comes out in his seat moving and piss-taking statements. He's clearly impossible to work with (Calderwood and Keegan have said as much, Hughton is too polite to say so) and his motive is to glean as much money as possible from the football club then flog it. Of course, this obnoxious, childish personality is exactly why no respecting businessman/group will do any sort of work with him.

So, he's an arsehole and anyone that thinks he's beginning to flourish is laying false praise at his door and not those who deserve it.

I'd have probably flogged Carroll as well for that price but I would also spend the money on players in the summer; we'll see how that turns out.

A close call between 6 and 7 for me, while I hate him and believe he's clueless on how to run a successful football club and has shown at times his complete disregard for the fans I'm not 100% sure as to whether it's vindictiveness or just plain stupidity.

I'm still of the mind that I'd give him a break if he employed a likeable chairman and could prove he was aiming towards the good of the club's future rather than just asset stripping at every opportunity. My ideal outcome (forgetting Ashley selling up to a mega rich new owner) would be for a better chairman, a slient owner who provides adequate funding to compete at the highest level though not necessarily paying over the odds for players, etc and a manager with ambition. As things stand I don't think any of those things are particularly unachieveable to Ashley, if he ditched Llambias, came out and openly admitted his past mistakes and reinvested the £35m he got for Carroll his overall image would improve. The problem is would he be able to continually invest funds in to the club every season without having to sell our best talent year in year out?

Edited by Armchair Pundit

I took the 'hope he dies' option. The helicopter scenario would be good, especially if llambias was on board too, but any form of death would suit me. I'd even be tempted to do it myself if it could be guaranteed I'd get away with it :lol: Shitting on Keegan and souring his relationship with this club is unforgivable in my eyes.

I took the 'hope he dies' option. The helicopter scenario would be good, especially if llambias was on board too, but any form of death would suit me. I'd even be tempted to do it myself if it could be guaranteed I'd get away with it :lol: Shitting on Keegan and souring his relationship with this club is unforgivable in my eyes.

:lol:

My fourth would be the royal family. I hope he dies btw, I voted for the next option up though because I didn't want to jinx it