Tiote signs until 2017

Del Pede

Nailed on he will be sold in the summer now. Wise up people

Only if the fee's exhorbitant and a top of the tree team has a need in that position.

Seriously, what part of the way the modern pecking order works, don't you get ????

The fee doesn't need to be exorbitant, just a decent profit on the £3.5mil outlay, £12-15mil will get you Tiote

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we'll get double the money in the summer. Great!

Indeed we will. Sign them up to long term contracts and then you can demand a bigger transfer fee.

Which narrows down the number of potential suitors to those you can do fuck all about anyway and even then it's gonna cost them and maybe make them think twice.

So you don't deny that's FMA's intentions then? :o

Seriously man you need to give your head a shake. Those that are likely to come in for him are the clubs occupying the top 6 places. And not one of them will think twice about financial outlay if they feel he'll vastly improve their squad.

I can honestly see Man Utd interested in him given the state of their central midfield.

Still the right move for the club though Craig. Toonpack is correct when he says their is little you can do if silly money and champions league clubs come knocking. At the very least you want to make sure if that happens we get the best price possible surely.

I never thought I'd say this but I agree with CT.

Same here tbf as it just represents common sense. If a club doesnt do this theyre thick quite frankly, so as I said before, at the moment it's 'damned if you do and damned if you dont' time.

Whether funds find their way back into the team via replacements remains the unknown. The last window was the first window that left Ashley with a hugely anomalous overall net profit from transfers. So much as we all think he's a cock and have absolutely no trust in, it is nonetheless an unprecedented time. That's not naive, it's just a statement of fact. This summer is hugely significant.

Indeed we will. Sign them up to long term contracts and then you can demand a bigger transfer fee.

Which narrows down the number of potential suitors to those you can do fuck all about anyway and even then it's gonna cost them and maybe make them think twice.

Seriously man you need to give your head a shake. Those that are likely to come in for him are the clubs occupying the top 6 places. And not one of them will think twice about financial outlay if they feel he'll vastly improve their squad.

I can honestly see Man Utd interested in him given the state of their central midfield.

It's not about intention to sell, in fact it's the opposite, if it was about a fast buck, they'd have let his contract stay where it was, now it means it's got to be a silly offer or he stays. He's FAR more likely to stay now than he was yesterday.

It's not about the FCB. It's a fact of life that IF one of the "big" boys further up the tree than you, comes after your player you are fucked no matter who you are. The ONLY thing you can do is try and make it hurt or at least make your compensation worthwhile.

We are not a Champions League team we CANNOT stop players heads being turned by the rich bastards.

It's reality, nowt to do with Ashley or anyone else. It's the way the game is and THAT is where the fundamental flaw lies. Sadly if Man U are interested in any player at just about any club, they're gone. Let's see what happens at Spurs if the rumours of Man U's interest in Modric are true, especially if Spurs don't requalify for the money machine.

Why can't people see this ?????

Still the right move for the club though Craig. Toonpack is correct when he says their is little you can do if silly money and champions league clubs come knocking. At the very least you want to make sure if that happens we get the best price possible surely.

Agree from that POV but that doesn't hide the fact that it's there's massive piece of propaganda from the club'. Giving it all the "we're ensuring Cheik remains here for the next 7 years". That's not true at all.

:( Thats PR craig and thats what makes the world go round.

I'd love to hear how you would have released the news to the world.....

"I would like to announce Tiote has signed a new 6.5 year deal. Of course we are not expecting to stay all of that time but at least we'll make some money on him when he does go.

Who knows what might happen. A few good signings and a break into Europe.....a few more signings the summer after......Would he be in a rush to move on with two years progression at the club? Big ifs but who knows.

Only if the fee's exhorbitant and a top of the tree team has a need in that position.

Seriously, what part of the way the modern pecking order works, don't you get ????

The fee doesn't need to be exorbitant, just a decent profit on the £3.5mil outlay, £12-15mil will get you Tiote

If you read on the BBC, they're now saying he was a free transfer. Funny as at the time the club claimed it was an undisclosed fee. More propaganda IMO.

Guest LeazesLad

It's not about intention to sell, in fact it's the opposite, if it was about a fast buck, they'd have let his contract stay where it was, now it means it's got to be a silly offer or he stays. He's FAR more likely to stay now than he was yesterday.

It's not about the FCB. It's a fact of life that IF one of the "big" boys further up the tree than you, comes after your player you are fucked no matter who you are. The ONLY thing you can do is try and make it hurt or at least make your compensation worthwhile.

We are not a Champions League team we CANNOT stop players heads being turned by the rich bastards.

It's reality, nowt to do with Ashley or anyone else. It's the way the game is and THAT is where the fundamental flaw lies. Sadly if Man U are interested in any player at just about any club, they're gone. Let's see what happens at Spurs if the rumours of Man U's interest in Modric are true, especially if Spurs don't requalify for the money machine.

Why can't people see this ?????

AAAAAAAAAABSOLUTE pish. NOTHING has changed.

Dont understand how this can be anything put positive, if we were to sell tiote without him sticking in a transfer request, wouldnt we have to pay up all his remaining contract? 6 1/2 years? on 50k thats alot of money to dish out if we itend to sell him

I still think it's good news like. It puts the club in a stronger bargaining position (I'll still be gutted if he goes but I'd be even more gutted if he'd gone for a relatively paltry fee). I think, seeing as he wasn't even that regular a started in Holland and the fee we got him for, his wages here will have been pretty low. He'll now be on better package etc. so it's not like a fee of £10m + £40k a week wages would see him be off in a shot now (which was probably the case before). It also suggests the player isn't looking to be away because it makes a potential move more troublesome from his pov for the same reasons I've just mentioned.

Edited by alex

Good news that he has signed the contract both for himself and the club. However i agree with the undertone on here that he'll be sold in the summer and that this is just an excercise in maximizing profit.

5 year plan and all that. Buy em cheap and sell em on at a profit.

Guest LeazesLad
Dont understand how this can be anything put positive, if we were to sell tiote without him sticking in a transfer request, wouldnt we have to pay up all his remaining contract? 6 1/2 years? on 50k thats alot of money to dish out if we itend to sell him

In the grand scheme of things it's neither a positive nor a negative. It's funny that it doesn't matter how many times history repeats itself, his propaganda seems to work. What's that line from the usual suspects again..."The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist" Oh dear.

BTW I wonder how much of the Carroll transfer fee has been invested here? Not saying that we didn't need to be investing in Tiote but we also need to be replacing Carroll.

great news, wouldn't effect the transfer fee that much, he already had loads of time on his deal left anyway, surely it's to try and stop his head being turned

In the grand scheme of things it's neither a positive nor a negative. It's funny that it doesn't matter how many times history repeats itself, his propaganda seems to work. What's that line from the usual suspects again..."The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist" Oh dear.

Aye but stevie with the intention of selling you would think they would have hoyed an extra year or 2 on not a massive contract that will cost them more if they want to sell

Edited by JaMoUsE

Simply not applicable tbh. I think everyone (more or less) seems to accept he's a cunt, but the new deal would make sense irrespective of who the owner was. It's not a question of naivety concerning views on Ashley.

Anyway just had a reality 'cheick' at 10 am and realised this one just isnt worth arguing the toss over. It's basically just a common sense step, which people can then project their own personal views onto and both sides of the debate would be equally valid.

Simply not applicable tbh. I think everyone (more or less) seems to accept he's a cunt, but the new deal would make sense irrespective of who the owner was. It's not a question of naivety concerning views on Ashley.

Anyway just had a reality 'cheick' at 10 am and realised this one just isnt worth arguing the toss over. It's basically just a common sense step, which people can then project their own personal views onto and both sides of the debate would be equally valid.

This tbh.

Guest LeazesLad

Course it's applicable, shouting from the roof tops about a piece of paper like they did with Carroll just 3 months ago, which in effect wasn't worth the andrex in my water closet. "Great news for the club", great news for our finances. Craig is spot on too regarding how much of his 5 year deal is factored in to the £35m. Jamouse I agree but that IS the only real positive.

Course it's applicable, shouting from the roof tops about a piece of paper like they did with Carroll just 3 months ago, which in effect wasn't worth the andrex in my water closet. "Great news for the club", great news for our finances. Craig is spot on too regarding how much of his 5 year deal is factored in to the £35m. Jamouse I agree but that IS the only real positive.

Yes and every club that signs anyone says precisely the same things. Doesn't mean the fans believe it, I think it's more naive to think they do. They just realise the implications for the relative probability of player retention (or otherwise).

Guest LeazesLad

Yes and every club that signs anyone says precisely the same things. Doesn't mean the fans believe it, I think it's more naive to think they do. They just realise the implications for the relative probability of player retention (or otherwise).

People I know who I regard as level headed people DO BELIEVE IT.

Either way he seems like a bit of a recluse who likes a quiet life, seen a few interviews with him saying he doesn't think he could live in London, that would only leave Man Utd and Citeh to fend off.

Not taking the piss I would have Tiote before Diaby, Carrick, Fletcher, Yaya Toure, Lucas and Ramires, like straight up.

Either way he seems like a bit of a recluse who likes a quiet life, seen a few interviews with him saying he doesn't think he could live in London, that would only leave Man Utd and Citeh to fend off.

Not taking the piss I would have Tiote before Diaby, Carrick, Fletcher, Yaya Toure, Lucas and Ramires, like straight up.

Without a second thought.

Carrick I wouldn't feed him, never mind pay him.

Yaya Toure looks better when he gets to play a more advanced role. It's good to have one of the prems best midfielders in our team tho. A refreshing change from Butt and Smith