Major Earthquake N Japan - Pacific Tsunami Warning

Rob W

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people astound me

I fail to grasp the lack of empathy in some people. :lol:

:icon_lol: This bloke down there offered me 6/4 on more than 100,000 dead I was like pipe down.

I predicted all this 8 weeks ago if you trawl through the page yenar.

Stevie?

Aye its me, like Boumsong at NUFC, I make a lot of rash decisions, resigning from TT was one, but I won't be here through the week largely speaking, just weekends when I've got some proper spare time like now...and that's that.

Read somewhere they have 70 nuclear power plants and facilities altogether. And we're talking earthquake island here...Mental.

Btw French experts arrived and left within hours.

Germans rescue teams told to get out.

Lot of the fuel is ex-weapons grade ie many times more volatile and dangerous than Chernobyl.

Japan could be fucked.

Edited by Park Life

Read somewhere they have 70 nuclear power plants and facilities altogether. And we're talking earthquake island here...Mental.

Lot of the fuel is ex-weapons grade ie many times more volatile and dangerous than Chernobyl.

Japan could be fucked.

Never one to be sensationalist Parky eh?

This is why despite being a science zealot, I've always been dubious about nuclear power. Even taking the waste issue aside, possibilities like this could make whole countries no-go areas.

Japan could be fucked.

Never one to be sensationalist Parky eh?

Just facts.

They made their energy decisions before energy efficency/climate change was a concern. But they had little choice to go nuclear at the time if they wanted to keep their place as one of the world's leading economies. Everything at risk for economic progress, business as usual.

Edited by trophyshy

They made their energy decisions before energy efficency/climate change was a concern. But they had little choice to go nuclear at the time if they wanted to keep their place as one of the world's leading economies. Everything at risk for economic progress, business as usual.

Pretty much. Still we love the Nintendo innit...

French say meltdown risk in react 1 and 3.

Earthquake prediction/risk on California high.

Jpn bought a lot of weapons grade uranium when nukes were decomissioned by France and USSR. This stuff is the worst kind, not gentle like the Chernobyl stuff...

This could go planet wide if one or more reactors blow.

IMO the japs are playing it down foolishly.

Edited by Park Life

The Chernobyl stuff was like fairy green liquid compared to this, even as much as one more rumble could cause the world to explode. So I've been told anyway, from P.

Won't be funny if one does blow. Death toll would be high and ongoing depending on the air currents.

They are trying to cool react 1 with seawater ffs!! This alone is last ditch stuff...

The Chernobyl stuff was like fairy green liquid compared to this, even as much as one more rumble could cause the world to explode. So I've been told anyway, from P.

Won't be funny if one does blow. Death toll would be high and ongoing depending on the air currents.

They are trying to cool react 1 with seawater ffs!! This alone is last ditch stuff...

No I agree with you tbh, there is inevitably going to be powerful earthquakes at some point in that region. The two reactors on the coast are within pretty close range of the quake, the strongest rumbles caught them.