Major Earthquake N Japan - Pacific Tsunami Warning

Rob W

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm directly effected as my business sales are made up of 90% a Japanees manufacturer. Already spoke to them and they have people trapped in their HO. Most though its the shipping ports. So many have closed and actual vessels have been lost. This will delay and push up the cost of export from the country. Power across the country is being limited meaning production at factories is slowed or stopped all together for now.

I caught the start of The Big Question yesterday but had to switch it off before it endangered my TV - started with a bloke saying God allowed things like this to happen and we'd only know why in the afterlife and also it was meant as test for those watching as well. Then another fuckwit said that God hadn't meant for people to live in such dangerous places - ignoring the fact that his "holy land" is an earthquake zone. Of course the real underlying view is "it serves them right for being Godless". Absolute bastards.

Hard to comprehend how someone could be so stupid.

V9aab.png

But like what I posted above. There are loads of them going on like this. Ignorant Cunts.

Leaving aside Hiroshima/Nagasaki and the fact it's years ago anyway, the rank ignorance on this subject in general (probably down to Holywood as well) shows that they can't teach or learn history: The attack on Pearl Harbour was not out of the blue or unprovoked.

Leaving aside Hiroshima/Nagasaki and the fact it's years ago anyway, the rank ignorance on this subject in general (probably down to Holywood as well) shows that they can't teach or learn history: The attack on Pearl Harbour was not out of the blue or unprovoked.

I think it came as a bit of a suprise like.

Very difficult to defend Japan's abhorrent actions in WW2, but that has no bearing on the modern day country.

I think it came as a bit of a suprise like.

Very difficult to defend Japan's abhorrent actions in WW2, but that has no bearing on the modern day country.

Their POW/scorched earth policies in China are indefensible I agree, but the actual attack on Pearl Harbour was typical global war-mongering politics with blame on both sides - the USA had imposed an oil embargo on them which was disrupting their actions in Indochina. A cynic would suggest it was very convenient as an excuse to enter the war.

Of course the relevance to today is the same as people who still hate modern Germans.

Japanese engineer Masashi Goto, who helped design the containment vessel for Fukushima's reactor core, says the design was not enough to withstand earthquakes or tsunamis and the plant's builders, Toshiba, knew this. More on Mr Goto's remarks to follow.

Believe it or not but I'm not a nuclear physicist, the problem they seem to be having at the moment is that they can't get water pumped in to cool the rods?

I'm guessing they've got plenty of water so all they're missing is a few pumps? Surely there must be suitable pumps somewhere that they could use?

I was just watching a piece rolling on the beeb, with some people dicing with death in the bottom left corner of the screen, on the edge of the most accurate portrayal of hell I have ever seen. Just mind bending destruction and death. :lol:

Poor bastards, you have to wonder if many parts of the north east will be abandoned, with or without meltdown.

I was just watching a piece rolling on the beeb, with some people dicing with death in the bottom left corner of the screen, on the edge of the most accurate portrayal of hell I have ever seen. Just mind bending destruction and death. :icon_lol:

Poor bastards, you have to wonder if many parts of the north east will be abandoned, with or without meltdown.

Think Newcastle should be safe mate :lol:

Assuming, as is now expected, there will be no significant release of radiation and no significant casualties, I think this should actually be regarded as a vote of confidence in nuclear power. At the end of the day, reactors built nearly 40 years ago have withstood an earth quake of almost unimaginable ferocity followed by a huge tsunami and survived intact. This should put the argument to bed and we should build more of them. Not near where I live, obviously.

BBC are reporting that the US have moved an Aircraft Carrier further away from Japan after discovering low level radiation upto 100 miles off shore! :lol:

Yeah but Renton reckons all is good. :icon_lol:

Edited by Park Life