Joey Barton

Whitey

You need to let go skidders. It's making you unwell.

He's not mentioned it as far as I can see, but I'm not going to argue the toss with you. I'll leave that to LM if he wants.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to let go skidders. It's making you unwell.

He's not mentioned it as far as I can see, but I'm not going to argue the toss with you. I'll leave that to LM if he wants.

Argue what toss with me? What are you even on about? He's mentioned his same old tired boring tedious shit plenty of times, but as you worded it as "don't mention Shepherd" then you're right, he hasn't. Who was even looking for any argument?

It will take years to build the club back to the revenue levels that Mike Ashley found it in,

Revenue is all well and good if there's more coming in than going out, which there wasn't btw, that's what losses are and those things become unsustainable when you cant get credit. Simple really.

It will take years to build the club back to the revenue levels that Mike Ashley found it in,

Revenue is all well and good if there's more coming in than going out, which there wasn't btw, that's what losses are and those things become unsustainable when you cant get credit. Simple really.

Yep, "kids stuff", "you really couldn't make this up"

no, you are wrong. The first priority of any business is to maximise revenue. If Mike Ashley chose to spend or allocate it differently, or to make changes which resulted in reduced revenues, then it is his problem and entirely his fault.

The simple fact is, he took over the club when they were 14th in footballs rich list, they have dived down in that list, therefore our competitors have overtaken us. Therefore the changes he has made have been detrimental to the club and he is the one who chose the direction to take and must take the blame for putting the club in a decline, which will only continue unless things improve on the pitch.

This is kids stuff, you couldn't make it up, but I'm sure some dumbo's on skunkers will try to and you will, in your stupidity, believe them :jesuswept:

Edited by LeazesMag

The first priority of any business is to maximise revenue.

Wrong.

if you are going to say "profit", then we are back to square 1. Football is not normal business like in the high street, you don't make profits in football unless you qualify for the champions league or sell your best players, and neither of those scenarios are guaranteed either.

By the way, in the High Street, finishing fairly near the top of the "profitable" companies would be considered to be great success........

Mike Ashley may well make a profit, but are you happy with the sale of Andy Carroll to get it ? And any small profit of a few million quid in terms of the premiership is peanuts, if it is re-invested. [doubtful]

Anyway, my main point to skidders and his dad is that our revenues in terms of our competitors has dived, and only Mike Ashley is to blame for that. See previous post.

The club is in decline. The further exits of Enrique, Barton [the subject of this thread for anybody who think its been "derailed"] and consequent unrest of the players will confirm it as well as any comments from Barton when he leaves unless he is gagged.

Of course, skidmarks and Toonpack know better. :jesuswept: As Toonpack is one of those who thinks Keegan "failed" I wouldn't take much of what he says too seriously.

Edited by LeazesMag

The suspicion remains that Ashley is merely an asset stripper waiting to flog NUFC to the first chump that comes along with pockets stuffed full of cash. If he has any ambition for the club we'll see the full amount of the Carroll money reinvested (assuming we survive this season) given that the plan was already in place to break even by the end of next season (supposedly).

To be honest I'm sympathetic to both Leazes and ASM. It's not reasonable to expect Ashley to throw an endless amount of money at the club. By the same token you've got to invest to keep the club moving forward. If we see very little spending this summer we'll know he'll never care about the latter.

The first priority of any business is to maximise revenue.

Wrong.

if you are going to say "profit", then we are back to square 1. Football is not normal business like in the high street, you don't make profits in football unless you qualify for the champions league or sell your best players, and neither of those scenarios are guaranteed either.

By the way, in the High Street, finishing fairly near the top of the "profitable" companies would be considered to be great success........

Mike Ashley may well make a profit, but are you happy with the sale of Andy Carroll to get it ? And any small profit of a few million quid in terms of the premiership is peanuts, if it is re-invested. [doubtful]

Anyway, my main point to skidders and his dad is that our revenues in terms of our competitors has dived, and only Mike Ashley is to blame for that. See previous post.

The club is in decline. The further exits of Enrique, Barton [the subject of this thread for anybody who think its been "derailed"] and consequent unrest of the players will confirm it as well as any comments from Barton when he leaves unless he is gagged.

Of course, skidmarks and Toonpack know better. :( As Toonpack is one of those who thinks Keegan "failed" I wouldn't take much of what he says too seriously.

Is this the same Carroll that, just last year, you were in disbelief that people didn't think beckford was a better option than? :jesuswept: Now you're crying because we took 35 million for him. "You really couldn't make this up"

Edited by AshleysSkidMark

The suspicion remains that Ashley is merely an asset stripper waiting to flog NUFC to the first chump that comes along with pockets stuffed full of cash. If he has any ambition for the club we'll see the full amount of the Carroll money reinvested (assuming we survive this season) given that the plan was already in place to break even by the end of next season (supposedly).

To be honest I'm sympathetic to both Leazes and ASM. It's not reasonable to expect Ashley to throw an endless amount of money at the club. By the same token you've got to invest to keep the club moving forward. If we see very little spending this summer we'll know he'll never care about the latter.

Exactly right.

Exactly right.

If I had said that you would be squirming in the corner....oh wait....

I hate to say this, but you are - like the others on skunkers and NO particularly - years too late with this conclusion. I hope you have indeed bookmarked all the threads where you have been told this already. We will not see the Carroll money and we will never show the ambiton under Mike Ashley that we should.

:nufc:

Yeah cos I was talking about Fudgepack.

How rude !!! :nufc:

BTW For anyone who's remotely interested's info:

The revenue GOD:

2003 £96.4 mill (the highest peak for NUFC revenue terms, or is it)

2004 £90.2 mill

2005 £87.0 mill

2006 £83.1 mill Hmmm looks like some trend developing there, revenues are dropping consistently year on year.

2007 £87.1 mill Oh look, they’ve gone up again

2008 £99.4 mill (oh no !!! highest ever in the history of NUFC)

2009 £86.1 mill Aw shit, they're going down again, but hey, at least they're better than 2006 and any year from 2002 backwards

2010 £??? Will be crap but not yet known

2011 £??? Could be a record breaker

Of course revenue taken in isolation means bugger all except it gets you into the "rich list".

Edited by Toonpack

The suspicion remains that Ashley is merely an asset stripper waiting to flog NUFC to the first chump that comes along with pockets stuffed full of cash.

Like Hall did.

Yeah cos I was talking about Fudgepack.

good. You're improving.

WHOOSH

Double WHOOSH tbh. Leazes attempt at sarcasm

exactly. He's too stupid to get it though ...

:nufc:

The suspicion remains that Ashley is merely an asset stripper waiting to flog NUFC to the first chump that comes along with pockets stuffed full of cash.

Like Hall did.

Ancient history. Who'd be interested in that? :nufc:

Like Hall did.

Well, if we qualify for europe and the Champions League as often under Ashley as we did under the Halls and Shepherd, he's welcome to it in my book.

It just won't happen. For as long as he has a hole in his arse, it just won't happen. We have a Bob Murray-esque owner, some people are amazingly still unable to grasp it.