Joey Barton

Whitey

Sky Bet now making Arsenal 1/2 on favourites to land Joey!!!!!

Seems shocking but I suppose Arsene had to sit and watch joey drag us back from 4-0 down from very close range.

http://www.skybet.com/betting/football/tra...80.html?aff=682

Not sure why they would make Arsenal favourites like. :blush:

Edited by Christmas Tree

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Word from #NUFC insiders is absolutely NO enquiry about Barton.

It's almost like your desperate for our players to leave sometimes C.T.

Just the way you come across.

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Word from #NUFC insiders is absolutely NO enquiry about Barton.

It's almost like your desperate for our players to leave sometimes C.T.

Just the way you come across.

Just commenting on the twitter Thomas like your good self. :blush:

I guess he thinks that the Yanks won't let Barton into America due to his past

Aha, refused a visa due to his criminal record

maybe im gettig mixed up.....but hasnt he just had a brief holiday in the states?

“There was a late tackle in training and we exchanged a few words. I have an aggressive style and he wasn’t happy.

“I told him, ‘You are a piece of s**t, don’t come looking for me’. He said, ‘You are arrogant, you think you’re something special’.

“We kept talking and I said, ‘Yeah, you’re great’, but it was sarcastic because he was not playing well, so he slapped me from behind. He tried to be the bad boy, but it was him who ended up on the floor.”

Barton should really stfu, he comes off like an absolute cunt here.

“There was a late tackle in training and we exchanged a few words. I have an aggressive style and he wasn’t happy.

“I told him, ‘You are a piece of s**t, don’t come looking for me’. He said, ‘You are arrogant, you think you’re something special’.

“We kept talking and I said, ‘Yeah, you’re great’, but it was sarcastic because he was not playing well, so he slapped me from behind. He tried to be the bad boy, but it was him who ended up on the floor.”

And you believe everything this paper is saying? I'll bet he really said 10% of what's in that article.

“We kept talking and I said, ‘Yeah, you’re great’, but it was sarcastic because he was not playing well, so he slapped me from behind. He tried to be the bad boy, but it was him who ended up on the floor.

And you believe everything this paper is saying? I'll bet he really said 10% of what's in that article.

There's the 10%.

They're not new quotes...from a while back iirc.

Gifted footballer, cunt of a man, smooth talker.......Basically.

This shows how little you know about anything really.

Most people that have spent any time with Barton have nothing but good things to say about him, its well documented about how much time he spends with the juniors and reserve players. Goes to reserve games (including many an away one) and spends time helping out the younger lads.

No doubt if you managed to have a chat with Shane "future of NUFC" Ferguson he'd probably tell you all about how Barton has been a role model to him and brought on his game.

Anyone can make assumptions based on mistakes a person has made, and to be fair Bartons made more than many but it doesnt make him a cunt of a man.

Just as in Nolan, the loss of Barton will have far wider implications than just on field.

I think beating people to a pulp falls into the 'being a cunt' category, as opposed to the 'whoops a daisy, I've made a frightful mistake' one. He's put in one good season for us now, and as PP has pointed out he's been doing some good stuff behind the scenes and is probably a good motivator in the dressing room. So he should be given the shite he's done under our contract tbh.

I think beating people to a pulp falls into the 'being a cunt' category, as opposed to the 'whoops a daisy, I've made a frightful mistake' one.

I think my view on it is that hes done some cuntful things but that doesnt make him a cunt overall. If he was that then he wouldnt do the good things, would be out on the piss every night and would take the cash and run. Barton is a bloke who has/had an anger management problem. Thats not good for those who fall victim to it but the rest of the time hes generally seen as a "jolly nice chap"

Thats not me sticking up for what hes done btw but he paid the price for those things by losing his freedom and any chance of International glory. Hes come out the other side of it a better person.

Most people that have spent any time with Barton have nothing but good things to say about him, its well documented about how much time he spends with the juniors and reserve players. Goes to reserve games (including many an away one) and spends time helping out the younger lads.

No doubt if you managed to have a chat with Shane "future of NUFC" Ferguson he'd probably tell you all about how Barton has been a role model to him and brought on his game.

Anyone can make assumptions based on mistakes a person has made, and to be fair Bartons made more than many but it doesnt make him a cunt of a man.

Just as in Nolan, the loss of Barton will have far wider implications than just on field.

Spot on like, he is a sound lad, very articulate and witty actually...he loves the game too. Aye he has his moments but dont we all?

I'd be more gutted if he went than Nolans departure tbh.

Spot on like, he is a sound lad, very articulate and witty actually...he loves the game too. Aye he has his moments but dont we all?

agreed. nolans attacking midfield place will go to either of the french lads we have so i reckon he's cashed in his chips in any case. no one else in the squad does what joey barton does. he'd be sorely missed if he went.

Couldnt decide which of these woeful posts to respond to.

Pud however is a misguided soul and usually just pops in for a wind up these days so I have to take his comments with a pinch of salt.

So Dean, its you. Your comments actually caused me to laugh out. :blush:

"He's a sound lad".

He's not like, he's a cunt of a man who has repeatedly inflicted gratuitous violence on fellow human beings. Whether thats the training ground attack, the cigar in the young footballers eye or the severe beating outside of McDonalds, however the rest of you want to dress it up and make excuses, that is a cunt of man in my eyes.

This is the sort of bloke in normal life who I would avoid at all costs. I wouldnt want him anywhere near me or my loved ones. The bloke is a volcano that erupts from time to time, and when he does he brings violence and misery with him.

Not a "sound lad" by any stretch of the imagination.

If anything the lads at NUFC probably treat him like that mad fucker Begbie out of trainspotting. They probably sigh with relief when he's away from them.

"Has his moments, dont we all". No I can safely say I have no moments like him and nor does anyone I associate with.

Great footballer yes, smooth talker yes, but without doubt a cunt.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Last season's performance makes whether he had some 'moments' as a young lad irrelevant to me. You must be on the wind-up again, i thought he was your POTY?

The quote was......

Gifted footballer, cunt of a man, smooth talker.......Basically

Was my POTY, hope he stays, but not kidding myself what sort of man lurks beneath.

A bit like Gazza, great footballer, daft as a brush.

I think his constant ramblings / interviews and tweets are starting to grate.