carroll wtf

DEADMAN

ok this might sound stupid and proably is but how come carroll is suddenly getten more playing time for england than he did for newcastle i dont get that is capello trying to say our players arent fucking good enough and if they play for the big teams they get called up straight away.

Edited by DEADMAN

It is indeed a worrying trend that a lot of players appear to be getting more games after their debut rather than before it. Have you thought of leaking this to the press?

no i mean it just seems odd i mean i may be overreacting but i think he will get more games at liverpool than nufc

How the hell is it "odd"... when before he made his debut should Capello have picked him? When he scored 1 goal in 11 games for Preston? When he scored 3 goals in a relegated Newcastle team? When he had 3 good months after Christmas in the Championship after struggling for the first 5 months last season?

Edited by citizenerased

To be fair it isn't the potential more playtime that pisses me off, it's the fact that since joining 'fashionable' liverpool he is all of a sudden the dogs bollocks and completely the best player thats ever graced an england/dipper shirt.

Though i must admit that it's been entertaining watching liverpool progress from playing the boring as paint dry - football they have over the past few months, into playing like a piss poor copy of how we were at the start of the season - proper champions they are like!

It is indeed a worrying trend that a lot of players appear to be getting more games after their debut rather than before it. Have you thought of leaking this to the press?

You've turned this shit topic into one quite enjoyable :jesuswept:

To be honest I think the point he was trying to make (albeit badly) was that it seems that players are more likely to get picked for England if they play for a 'fashionable' team, like the Bent and Sunderland situation for example. If Carroll had stayed with us he'd probably still be overlooked whereas now he's at Liverpool he's suddenly a world class player.

... or did I miss the point entirely? :jesuswept:

You missed the point. DEADMAN feels that a player who is not currently at the club will get more games for england whilst playing for liverpool is shocking, quite frankly he needs put down (DEADMAN, not Carrolol.

I know what you mean Deadman (as does everyone else). It's the same old shit, Carrol was brilliant for us before he got injured and was billed as one for the future. He gets a move to Liverpool and suddenly he's the main man who is going to fire us to Euro 2012 despite the fact he's been shite his last 3 games.