Andy Carroll....Local Hero! O̶r̶ ̶J̶u̶d̶a̶s̶?

Christmas Tree

Carroll  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As I've said before I can't see how LM can want the club to succeed at present - if we won a cup or god forbid did qualify for Europe he'd surely have a breakdown amidst posts about "need to do it over 7 years or it doesn't count".

I've said I stopped going to matches as I don't enjoy it any more - it seems strange that he criticises Renton and others for actually having a good time if it doesn't fit his agenda.

NO, I can't agree that it is a very rare thing as I can't speak about the masses and how they would act under similar circumstances. Mind you I was criticised by some for not taking the opportunity, and I'm sure there would have been criticism had I gone. It can be a two-edged sword.

Isn't going to Liverpool kinda like going abroad? I know they talk funny there too. :icon_lol:

As a footballer though it shouldnt be just about the money. Whats the use in being a top player and having nothing to show for it at the end of the day?

A player should want to win things, at the end of their career they need to see medals and accolades not a heaving bank balance. That is why Carroll was right to move, maybe we can legitimately argue that Liverpool are not the ultimate team to go to for that but who knows what Dalglish sold him as the package, maybe they have some huge plan to become the biggest club in land. Who knows.

exactly. People like Renton should take note, instead of attempting to tell us that Carroll went just for the money and what to do about it, of course, he respects others' opinions.

Carroll went for ambition, and the money on the table proves the ambition. Same as Tiotte and Enrique, and maybe Barton when he sees those 2 going and someone takes a chance on him taking into account his history.

Back now so I will try to make my point more clear for your benefit. I have no problems with Carroll leaving for more money or footballing ambition - I would have probably done the same thing in his position. What I do have a problem with is his persistent clapping the Kop, in a similar manner to what Beardsley did, and which you conveniently have used to slag Beardsley off. Which I suspect is more to do with his present stooge role at the club than something that happened 20 odd years ago.

How do you think the fans should have reacted to Carroll's actions Leazes? Would you have actually clapped him? FFS our fans reaction was completely justified and funny with it. What it was not was any defence of Ashley. That you think it was says more about your obsession for the man than anything else. As for the Liverpool fans yesterday, they were quite pathetic in their Scandinavian silence. Sorry, but I'd much rather be a fan of NUFC than LFC if that's what they've become (despite press talk of a better atmosphere there because King Kenny is back), despite us being perpetual losers.

If you seriously think that people, in life, turn down greater career opportunities, and you would do it yourself, you're a bigger fool than I thought.

We all know why you won't discuss it.

You addressed that last sentence at me. What did you mean by it?

Carroll is now a Liverpool player, Beardsley wasn't. BIG difference.

You SAID it was for money and money only, and insinuated we should ALL accept your point of view as being gospel, then say you respect others' opinions ?????

I think the Judas chants puts across the impression that as supporters we are backing Mike Ashley and his running of the club. Fair enough, everybody who did this may actually back Mike Ashleys running of the club and the acceptance that they would all rather have the money than Andy Carroll, but personally I find such a view idiotic and people from outside who would correctly find this amusing are tarnishing all of us with the same dumb brush. I bet the Liverpool supporters had a fucking great laugh at the Geordies when they were beating us 3-0 while playing at half pace and knowing they have pulled further away from us, again.

It doesn't really matter if we are louder than them or not, this is like the Jocks outsinging the English, we laugh at the Jocks because we know they can't match us on the pitch, do we care if they outshout us ? Do we fuck. Or when we lauded it over the mackems when they were inferior and both sides knew it.

So I think Andy Carroll chants should be left alone, instead let everyone in the country know what we think of Mike Ashley instead, and let everybody know we have the sense to see where the problem at the club really lies instead of cat-calling one footballer who did what the vast majority of us would do ourselves. Pathetic.

As I've said before I can't see how LM can want the club to succeed at present - if we won a cup or god forbid did qualify for Europe he'd surely have a breakdown amidst posts about "need to do it over 7 years or it doesn't count".

I've said I stopped going to matches as I don't enjoy it any more - it seems strange that he criticises Renton and others for actually having a good time if it doesn't fit his agenda.

what a plank you are, you dumb fuckwit.

My only "agenda" is to see the club competing where it ought to be, that is why I have paid my 3 year season ticket, regardless of how I feel about what Mike Ashley is doing to it, why don't you ? If you want to back Mike Ashley, which is what it appears you are doing, back him with your wallet or stop criticising those who are continuing to support the club whatever their motive. Another hypocrite.

Edited by LeazesMag

Move on Leazes.

Oh my God, this is what it has come too, I'm in full agreement with CT.

Leazes, I've already said I won't enter a discussion with you about the politics of NUFC, but IMO you should move on. I have been to Anfield many times (including before Shepherd ffs) and seen us lose every time. Today though was the most enjoyable to date.

You seem to have lost the love of the game and your respect if your fellow fans. You might be better off out of it; just a thought like.

Got to agree. I can't see what enjoyment he could get out of posting on here anymore. Just comes across as sad and embittered.

Don't really get your point lad, but I've just been saying the same thing for the best part of 4 years since Mike Ashley bought the club and before that when people said they couldn't wait to get rid of Fred. It's took you that long to realise I was right but its a shame people like you can't admit it rather resorting to ridiculous comments as you have just made above.

I don't particularly enjoy the club being in such a state, but I'm not shocked by it at all. I think the sad people are those who are accepting the lower standards, and those who are unable to see that the actions of supporters at Liverpool yesterday are inadvertently giving the impression we are all backing Mike Ashley rather than recognise what is wrong at our own football club. Now THAT is embarrassing and sad, because people will think this of NUFC supporters en bloc.

jesus wept man, cant you see you're becoming a caricature of yourself? you used to be a laughing stock but people aren't laughing at you anymore; it's just sad; it's boring; it's endless. you need to move on; find a new forum perhaps? you can't get any joy out of using this one anymore, surely? i can't contemplate posting anywere as as much as you do here where the majority of posters are clearly bored stiff with all of your contributions.

and for the final time, i didn't realise you were right about anything. people would take you much more serioulsy if you didn't constantly make up things and put words in people's mouths in your sad attempt to prove you are right about the only topic you ever discuss on this forum. enough already.

Well, I think the likes of you who stupidly didn't appreciate good owners to be a laughing stock tbh. Highly amusing you say what you say when you are now repeating what I have said myself too. Keep going :icon_lol:

So the verdict is he isn't a Judas, nor was he at the club long enough or achieved enough to be a hero ?

I haven't voted.

My only "agenda" is to see the club competing where it ought to be, that is why I have paid my 3 year season ticket, regardless of how I feel about what Mike Ashley is doing to it, why don't you ? If you want to back Mike Ashley, which is what it appears you are doing, back him with your wallet or stop criticising those who are continuing to support the club whatever their motive. Another hypocrite.

Part of my decision in giving up my ST was not giving any money to Ashley - so who's the hypocrite?

Leazes, I can't find any record about Beardsley clapping the Kop whilst in Black and White but if he did that was obviously wrong. In mitigation though he was going to a true global football club ('ambition') after having given us a lot more than Carroll did. He also wasn't a wife beater which was the focus of yesterday's chants. That's what football fans have always done in my experience, wound up opposition players, especially ones who have left on bad terms. You're basically seeing things that aren't there though because of your ludicrous obsession. The hilarious thing though is Shepherd himself admitted he would have sold Carroll given the same circumstances, so how do you reconcile that?

Again you think our fans are pathetic. Honestly mate, if it's come to the point where you can't enjoy the game any more and label your fellow fans as pathetic then you've got to ask yourself what you are doing it for. In this thread I simply said I enjoyed the atmosphere our fans generated at Anfield, and you launched in with the usual Ashley nonsense. Do you think that's normal?

Part of my decision in giving up my ST was not giving any money to Ashley - so who's the hypocrite?

I'm continuing to support the club, because whatever my feelings about the direction they are going, I'm hoping we are successful, fucknuts.

Yet you went to games when the Halls and Shepherd were owners and they attracted you to games, because now you have stopped going yet criticise them ? What a plank, as you said, who's the hypocrite ?

I'm continuing to support the club, because whatever my feelings about the direction they are going, I'm hoping we are successful, fucknuts.

Yet you went to games when the Halls and Shepherd were owners and they attracted you to games, because now you have stopped going yet criticise them ? What a plank, as you said, who's the hypocrite ?

Attraction? I started going to games when Seymour was in charge and it never had anything to do with ambition, backing, revenues or any other bullshit - you still don't get that I hate Ashley more than all of them but also recognise that Hall and Shepherd were cunts - it's not love one and hate the other - can you not get that through your head?

You sneered at Birmingham for winning the LC for not doing it "properly" - I can only assume you'd have to think the same if we did it with Ashley in charge.

Leazes, I can't find any record about Beardsley clapping the Kop whilst in Black and White but if he did that was obviously wrong.

if you're calling me a liar, I can assure you that I am not. And it is docmented somewhere too.

In mitigation though he was going to a true global football club ('ambition') after having given us a lot more than Carroll did. He also wasn't a wife beater which was the focus of yesterday's chants. That's what football fans have always done in my experience, wound up opposition players, especially ones who have left on bad terms. You're basically seeing things that aren't there though because of your ludicrous obsession. The hilarious thing though is Shepherd himself admitted he would have sold Carroll given the same circumstances, so how do you reconcile that?

Again you think our fans are pathetic. Honestly mate, if it's come to the point where you can't enjoy the game any more and label your fellow fans as pathetic then you've got to ask yourself what you are doing it for. In this thread I simply said I enjoyed the atmosphere our fans generated at Anfield, and you launched in with the usual Ashley nonsense. Do you think that's normal?

my point, if you have half the intelligence you think you have, as I have said it many many times, is not what Shepherd says , when he says he personally would have let Carroll go, what he would have done, along with the Halls, is allowed his manager to make the decision as they did when Keegan decided to sell Cole.

How stupid are you ?

And if I were chairman, I would have done exactly the same thing. While personally I would not have sold Carroll, my appointed manager would make the decision, that is why you appoint him and pay him the big money.

You are once again, being hypocritical, you say you accept others' opinions, yet you are telling me to stop going to games. I'm entitled to my opinion, if I think NUFC fans slating Carroll and labelling him a Judas are small minded and hypocritical, thats my view and I'm entitled to it. It doesn't mean I don't want the team to win because having splashed out over 1300 quid this week I certainly want them to do that.

Is there any end to how dumb you can be ? I realise you are probably a decent enough bloke, but you aren't half a pompous arsehole at the same time.

Edited by LeazesMag

my point, if you have half the intelligence you think you have, as I have said it many many times, is not what Shepherd says, when he says he personally would have let Carroll go, what he would have done, along with the Halls, is allowed his manager to make the decision as they did when Keegan decided to sell Cole.

How stupid are you ?

And I I were chairman, I would have done exactly the same thing. While personally I would not have sold Carroll, my appointed manager would make the decision, that is why you appoint him and pay him the big money.

Gary Speed, Albert Luque.

Do you think for one second Shepherd consulted Robson over the sale of Woodgate?

my point, if you have half the intelligence you think you have, as I have said it many many times, is not what Shepherd says, when he says he personally would have let Carroll go, what he would have done, along with the Halls, is allowed his manager to make the decision as they did when Keegan decided to sell Cole.

How stupid are you ?

And I I were chairman, I would have done exactly the same thing. While personally I would not have sold Carroll, my appointed manager would make the decision, that is why you appoint him and pay him the big money.

Do you think for one second Shepherd consulted Robson over the sale of Woodgate?

fuck me.

Solano, Ferguson, Bellamy, Robert, Dyer, Given, Jenas, Woodgate (in), Viana, Hamann, Owen, Parker, Jenas, Bramble, Barton etc etc etc.............and Shepherd never owned the club either.

I hope Mike Ashley signs players of that calibre behind the managers back, don't you ?

Attraction? I started going to games when Seymour was in charge and it never had anything to do with ambition, backing, revenues or any other bullshit - you still don't get that I hate Ashley more than all of them but also recognise that Hall and Shepherd were cunts - it's not love one and hate the other - can you not get that through your head?

You sneered at Birmingham for winning the LC for not doing it "properly" - I can only assume you'd have to think the same if we did it with Ashley in charge.

no doubt he'll try to call you out for finally coming around to his way of thinking now after 4 years or whatever despite that never being the case in his endless mission to be proved right about something that few agree with him over.

Leasezmag, for this forum's sake, please just let it lie. Or take your shepherd v ashley debate (if you can call it a debate) somewhere where people give a shit. please. It's getting beyond dry man. I'm sure you have more interest stuff to contribute than this same tired old line.

no doubt he'll try to call you out for finally coming around to his way of thinking now after 4 years or whatever despite that never being the case in his endless mission to be proved right about something that few agree with him over.

Leasezmag, for this forum's sake, please just let it lie. Or take your shepherd v ashley debate (if you can call it a debate) somewhere where people give a shit. please. It's getting beyond dry man. I'm sure you have more interest stuff to contribute than this same tired old line.

NJS - show me where I "sneered" at Birmingham, dickhead. I don't care if you think the Halls and Shepherd were "cunts", thats my point, personalities have fuck all to do with it, if you let personalities obscure your judgements of what they did for the club, it is YOUR problem . All I have EVER said is they competed where we ought to compete, having saved the club from the 3rd division and bankruptcy, and they are the ONLY owners/board to have done this in half a century. How thick are you, that you don't get this ?

NJS/Gloomy:

I understand what you are trying to say, which is basically you thought they were shit because you didn't like them . Basically, this is one of the most stupid things I've ever heard.

Why don't YOU let your hatred die, and accept the FACTS for what they are. I'm not interested in your personality based opinions , just show me the facts.

Edited by LeazesMag

why has this thread got like this ? NJS - I was discussing the principle of allowing a manager to manage, and YOU started harping on about Fat Fred, Luque and Speed.....why ?

why has this thread got like this ? NJS - I was discussing the principle of allowing a manager to manage, and YOU started harping on about Fat Fred, Luque and Speed.....why ?

Its because they want you to bite mate, same as in other threads. Some twat purposely dangles a carrot because they want you to go off topic so they can have a go. Its a shame as it was a decent thread, I just wish some cunts would stop playing silly fuckers.

How stupid are you ?

fuck me.

Solano, Ferguson, Bellamy, Robert, Dyer, Given, Jenas, Woodgate (in), Viana, Hamann, Owen, Parker, Jenas, Bramble, Barton etc etc etc.............and Shepherd never owned the club either.

I hope Mike Ashley signs players of that calibre behind the managers back, don't you ?

Ashley signed Barton, and he's in your list.

How stupid are you ?

fuck me.

Warren ?

Could have mentioned Shearer, Ferdinand too, but they were the Halls and Shepherd :icon_lol:

Its because they want you to bite mate, same as in other threads. Some twat purposely dangles a carrot because they want you to go off topic so they can have a go. Its a shame as it was a decent thread, I just wish some cunts would stop playing silly fuckers.

maybe you're right, I just think they are dumb....but I'll not play their game in future and assume they are beyond help instead. :icon_lol:

How stupid are you ?

fuck me.

Warren ?

Could have mentioned Shearer, Ferdinand too, but they were the Halls and Shepherd :icon_lol:

Ferdinand was the same summer as Warren if memory serves me

To be honest I think ex-players are always going to be booed by the fans (especially the away support) unless they were special players for us like Sir Les. It's all part of the matchday fun, I thought it was quite funny

To be honest I think ex-players are always going to be booed by the fans (especially the away support) unless they were special players for us like Sir Les. It's all part of the matchday fun, I thought it was quite funny

This is the crux of the matter. One man's fun is obviously another's embarrassment. For my money, once we're inside a football ground a lot of our rational behaviour stays outside. Berating the ref/other players like we're in a pantomime; Clapping like seals; Jumping around like idiots when a goal is scored; "He's a dwarf..."; ".....he wanks his dog, y'know"; "He's got a bomb....."; The cry of the banshee in the scoreboard; That bloke who sat in the new stand who wore the clown's hat; Butcher's coats; Skinheeds wearing dresses; "Shoes off if you love the toon"; "Pogo if you love the toon" etc etc etc etc etc. I wasn't at Anfield but if I had been I'm sure I would have joined in having a go at Carroll - just for the hell (fun) of it :icon_lol:

it's leazesmag's obsession like. i don't see that many carrots being dangled. he actively goes looking to turn every thread into one of his "i was right about shepherd and ashley" rants. beyond tedious. we're all bored of it. it was only ashley's skidmark tbh who used to go actively out of his way to engage with leazesmag on the matter, hence why he was equally as unpopular poster. everyone else is sick of it. it's starting to spoil what is generally an excellent football forum.

the sad thing about leazesmag is i think he could be a good poster if he could just move on from this one subject. the rare post he makes about other football stuff can be well worth reading. it's just a shame the fred/ashley stuff makes up 99% of the stuff he posts on here. it's the same with the general chat and his obsession with islamists and asylum seekers.