Andy Carroll....Local Hero! O̶r̶ ̶J̶u̶d̶a̶s̶?

Christmas Tree

Carroll  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anyway, I'm off in Liverpool now for food and drinks, and no way can I operate an iPhone pissed so later dudes! Cheer up LM though ffs. :icon_lol:

have a good night. Hope the scousers don't take the piss out of you too much, if they do, make sure you tell them how much better off we are without Carroll the Judas and we are running a good business nowadays instead :rolleyes:

Move on Leazes.

Oh my God, this is what it has come too, I'm in full agreement with CT.

Leazes, I've already said I won't enter a discussion with you about the politics of NUFC, but IMO you should move on. I have been to Anfield many times (including before Shepherd ffs) and seen us lose every time. Today though was the most enjoyable to date.

You seem to have lost the love of the game and your respect if your fellow fans. You might be better off out of it; just a thought like.

Got to agree. I can't see what enjoyment he could get out of posting on here anymore. Just comes across as sad and embittered.

I, for one, ain't got an issue with the boy. He didn't look hungry against us at all, granted it may be due to fitness, but even then it shouldn't be too for him to get on the end of a cross over Williamson. Obviously if we still had him we could of got something from the game. I'll only get bitter in September, when we've spent 12m on Carlton Cole.

If you seriously think that people, in life, turn down greater career opportunities, .................................................

With all due respect, people in life do, I did.

I was foreman of a custom boat department and was in the process of changing a 57 ft sailboat into a 56 ft luxury motor-sailor.

An Italian boat manufacturer liked what they saw and ordered 6, but in kit form. We were to provide the hull mated to the deck. install flooring, an engine, and steering, and pack everything else inside by way of winches, trash-compactor, refrigerator, etc, etc.

The idea was that they would customise and complete the boats interiors to their specifications

To cut a long story short, after one kit-boat had been delivered to Italy I was offered the job of supervising the completion of all six and possibly more. Triple my wages, all relocating expenses paid for, and a 5 year contract. I turned it down.

I liked where I worked, I liked the people I worked for, and I liked the people who worked for me, and I had no contract or offer of an increase in wages to make me stay. And I didn't want to go to Italy.

If you seriously think that people, in life, turn down greater career opportunities, .................................................

I was foreman of a custom boat department and was in the process of changing a 57 ft sailboat into a 56 ft luxury motor-sailor.

An Italian boat manufacturer liked what they saw and ordered 6, but in kit form. We were to provide the hull mated to the deck. install flooring, an engine, and steering, and pack everything else inside by way of winches, trash-compactor, refrigerator, etc, etc.

The idea was that they would customise and complete the boats interiors to their specifications

To cut a long story short, after one kit-boat had been delivered to Italy I was offered the job of supervising the completion of all six and possibly more. Triple my wages, all relocating expenses paid for, and a 5 year contract. I turned it down.

I liked where I worked, I liked the people I worked for, and I liked the people who worked for me, and I had no contract or offer of an increase in wages to make me stay. And I didn't want to go to Italy.

I can understand that. Good for you, but you must agree that it is a very rare thing, and generally speaking, its the sort of thing people shouldn't be criticised for ?

Moving abroad is a big step, and it isn't everybodys cup of tea. But a footballer moving from Newcastle to Liverpool ?

I can understand that. Good for you, but you must agree that it is a very rare thing, and generally speaking, its the sort of thing people shouldn't be criticised for ?

Moving abroad is a big step, and it isn't everybodys cup of tea. But a footballer moving from Newcastle to Liverpool ?

NO, I can't agree that it is a very rare thing as I can't speak about the masses and how they would act under similar circumstances. Mind you I was criticised by some for not taking the opportunity, and I'm sure there would have been criticism had I gone. It can be a two-edged sword.

Isn't going to Liverpool kinda like going abroad? I know they talk funny there too. :icon_lol:

NO, I can't agree that it is a very rare thing as I can't speak about the masses and how they would act under similar circumstances. Mind you I was criticised by some for not taking the opportunity, and I'm sure there would have been criticism had I gone. It can be a two-edged sword.

Isn't going to Liverpool kinda like going abroad? I know they talk funny there too. :icon_lol:

As a footballer though it shouldnt be just about the money. Whats the use in being a top player and having nothing to show for it at the end of the day?

A player should want to win things, at the end of their career they need to see medals and accolades not a heaving bank balance. That is why Carroll was right to move, maybe we can legitimately argue that Liverpool are not the ultimate team to go to for that but who knows what Dalglish sold him as the package, maybe they have some huge plan to become the biggest club in land. Who knows.

Move on Leazes.

Leazes, I've already said I won't enter a discussion with you about the politics of NUFC, but IMO you should move on. I have been to Anfield many times (including before Shepherd ffs) and seen us lose every time. Today though was the most enjoyable to date.

You seem to have lost the love of the game and your respect if your fellow fans. You might be better off out of it; just a thought like.

Got to agree. I can't see what enjoyment he could get out of posting on here anymore. Just comes across as sad and embittered.

Don't really get your point lad, but I've just been saying the same thing for the best part of 4 years since Mike Ashley bought the club and before that when people said they couldn't wait to get rid of Fred. It's took you that long to realise I was right but its a shame people like you can't admit it rather resorting to ridiculous comments as you have just made above.

I don't particularly enjoy the club being in such a state, but I'm not shocked by it at all. I think the sad people are those who are accepting the lower standards, and those who are unable to see that the actions of supporters at Liverpool yesterday are inadvertently giving the impression we are all backing Mike Ashley rather than recognise what is wrong at our own football club. Now THAT is embarrassing and sad, because people will think this of NUFC supporters en bloc.

As a footballer though it shouldnt be just about the money. Whats the use in being a top player and having nothing to show for it at the end of the day?

A player should want to win things, at the end of their career they need to see medals and accolades not a heaving bank balance. That is why Carroll was right to move, maybe we can legitimately argue that Liverpool are not the ultimate team to go to for that but who knows what Dalglish sold him as the package, maybe they have some huge plan to become the biggest club in land. Who knows.

exactly. People like Renton should take note, instead of attempting to tell us that Carroll went just for the money and what to do about it, of course, he respects others' opinions.

Carroll went for ambition, and the money on the table proves the ambition. Same as Tiotte and Enrique, and maybe Barton when he sees those 2 going and someone takes a chance on him taking into account his history.

:icon_lol: You really need help LM

I thought you had finally gone as per losing that bet ?

Never mind, welcome back. I won't put you right about anything, your own realisation can wait until September.

Never mind, welcome back. I won't put you right about anything, your own realisation can wait until September.

Your realisation about Beckford being better than Carroll here yet? You going to admit you were wrong??

Your realisation about Beckford being better than Carroll here yet? You going to admit you were wrong??

of course, Carroll improved massively last season and as the season wore on not only myself saw it and said so. As I lived in Scarborough I saw a fair bit of Beckford and there was things I liked about him, Leeds supporters said he missed chances but I thought he still scored the goals, got into positions, kept his head up and had another go, and best of all he has good pace and is always looking to use it in the best way by getting behind central defenders. I thought he would score goals in the premiership and told me old mates that for 2m quid he was underpriced. Just the sort of talent scouting that your man is wanting on board, before he sells him on again of course. A front pairing of Carroll and Beckford would now be a damn sight better then Ameobi and Lovenkrands.

Happy ?

of course, Carroll improved massively last season and as the season wore on not only myself saw it and said so. As I lived in Scarborough I saw a fair bit of Beckford and there was things I liked about him, Leeds supporters said he missed chances but I thought he still scored the goals, got into positions, kept his head up and had another go, and best of all he has good pace and is always looking to use it in the best way by getting behind central defenders. I thought he would score goals in the premiership and told me old mates that for 2m quid he was underpriced. Just the sort of talent scouting that your man is wanting on board, before he sells him on again of course. A front pairing of Carroll and Beckford would now be a damn sight better then Ameobi and Lovenkrands.

This is the conclusive proof we have been waiting for.

You don't understand business.

Football finance is a complete mystery to you.

You are loud and crude and repetitive.

And now - you cannot recognize a decent footballer.

You are Fat Fred. I claim my prize.

and you are a dumb fuckwit who can't tell a lame duck owner who doesn't give a shit about the long term prospects of the football club if he hit you on the head with a rusty sledgehammer

Guest Your Name Here

Unlike Shola or Lovenkrands, Beckford is a natural goal-scorer and he’d be starting for us if was on our books. He has his limitations but that's why he was cheap. In football finances you almost always get what you pay for, which is why NUFC are currently struggling for goals and may well continue to do so next season.

Unlike Shola or Lovenkrands, Beckford is a natural goal-scorer and he’d be starting for us if was on our books. He has his limitations but that's why he was cheap. In football finances you almost always get what you pay for, which is why NUFC are currently struggling for goals and may well continue to do so next season.

indeed, and looking again at the previous post by qwertyo [windaz or toontoon] it underlines the fact that they don't understand what is happening at NUFC if they think they can find better strikers than Beckford for 2m quid or less, which is precisely what they are expecting to happen at the club hence their support for the "business model" set up by the man they think is "now running the club properly"

It was a perfectly reasonable post and certainly none of the content justifies any of your response. Reply to the post, not the poster.

exactly. People like Renton should take note, instead of attempting to tell us that Carroll went just for the money and what to do about it, of course, he respects others' opinions.

Carroll went for ambition, and the money on the table proves the ambition. Same as Tiotte and Enrique, and maybe Barton when he sees those 2 going and someone takes a chance on him taking into account his history.

Back now so I will try to make my point more clear for your benefit. I have no problems with Carroll leaving for more money or footballing ambition - I would have probably done the same thing in his position. What I do have a problem with is his persistent clapping the Kop, in a similar manner to what Beardsley did, and which you conveniently have used to slag Beardsley off. Which I suspect is more to do with his present stooge role at the club than something that happened 20 odd years ago.

How do you think the fans should have reacted to Carroll's actions Leazes? Would you have actually clapped him? FFS our fans reaction was completely justified and funny with it. What it was not was any defence of Ashley. That you think it was says more about your obsession for the man than anything else. As for the Liverpool fans yesterday, they were quite pathetic in their Scandinavian silence. Sorry, but I'd much rather be a fan of NUFC than LFC if that's what they've become (despite press talk of a better atmosphere there because King Kenny is back), despite us being perpetual losers.

If you seriously think that people, in life, turn down greater career opportunities, and you would do it yourself, you're a bigger fool than I thought.

We all know why you won't discuss it.

You addressed that last sentence at me. What did you mean by it?

Move on Leazes.

Don't really get your point lad, but I've just been saying the same thing for the best part of 4 years since Mike Ashley bought the club and before that when people said they couldn't wait to get rid of Fred. It's took you that long to realise I was right but its a shame people like you can't admit it rather resorting to ridiculous comments as you have just made above.

I don't particularly enjoy the club being in such a state, but I'm not shocked by it at all. I think the sad people are those who are accepting the lower standards, and those who are unable to see that the actions of supporters at Liverpool yesterday are inadvertently giving the impression we are all backing Mike Ashley rather than recognise what is wrong at our own football club. Now THAT is embarrassing and sad, because people will think this of NUFC supporters en bloc.

jesus wept man, cant you see you're becoming a caricature of yourself? you used to be a laughing stock but people aren't laughing at you anymore; it's just sad; it's boring; it's endless. you need to move on; find a new forum perhaps? you can't get any joy out of using this one anymore, surely? i can't contemplate posting anywere as as much as you do here where the majority of posters are clearly bored stiff with all of your contributions.

and for the final time, i didn't realise you were right about anything. people would take you much more serioulsy if you didn't constantly make up things and put words in people's mouths in your sad attempt to prove you are right about the only topic you ever discuss on this forum. enough already.