In last 5 years we've spent less NET than any other team

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those stats make great reading if you're the club's 100% shareholder looking to claw back his outlay, due largely to his own incompetence & ineptitude decision making............ long may the opportunistic asset stripping of well performing players continue, as long the obsession with end of year profits dwarfs the notion of providing successful on-field product. Those figures will look even more impressive after Tiote and Enrique's eventual departures, which will be sooner rather than later, whose replacements will be drafted for comparative peanuts.

Edited by Year Zero

This is something we should be proud of, in my opinion.

20 Newcastle £63,100,000 £112,650,000 -£49,550,000

So he's clawed back almost 37% of the £134M he paid for the club without selling it through transfers alone. My chest is swelling with pride as I write this. :icon_lol: There's nothing wrong with trimming down excessive spending but does this not somehow irritate you that a club with a cash rich owner, with a profile as high as ours, with gates that successful clubs can only imagine getting and everything going for us..............can see us as the lowest spenders?

You and your ilk are like wet dreams to AshLlamb.

Its actually worse than that.

If this is for 2006 - 2011 then (assuming it means all of 2005/06 through to 2010/11 seasons) then the picture of Ashley becomes much bleaker.

In 2005/06 we spent a net of 20.7m and in 2006/07 it was 9.34m, then Ashley took over.

Take those from the overall figures and we now get a net profit under Ashley of £79.59m

meaning hes clawed back just under 60%

Its actually worse than that.

If this is for 2006 - 2011 then (assuming it means all of 2005/06 through to 2010/11 seasons) then the picture of Ashley becomes much bleaker.

In 2005/06 we spent a net of 20.7m and in 2006/07 it was 9.34m, then Ashley took over.

Take those from the overall figures and we now get a net profit under Ashley of £79.59m

meaning hes clawed back just under 60%

Are you sure ?

2005 £13.4 Mill profit on players sales and club made an operating profit of £600K

2006 £5.6 Mill profit on player sales and club made an operating loss of £12 Mill

2007 £2.1 Mill deficit on players sales club made a loss of £34.2 Mill

2008 £10.8 Mill profit on player sales yet club made a loss of £20.3 Mill

2009 £23.4 Mill profit on player sales yet club made a loss of 15.2 Mill

I am assuming all the other figures being stated include the Carroll money, the fate of which is unknown, as yet. If it's not spent, I would suggest that only then can a claw back be declared.

Of course if we just reinvested all the transfer profits we'd have had a better team but of course our losses would have gone up by a corresponding amount, but hey, that doesn't matter :icon_lol:

Of course if we just reinvested all the transfer profits we'd have had a better team but of course our losses would have gone up by a corresponding amount, but hey, that doesn't matter :icon_lol:

Oh aye cos qualification for Europe, staying in Premiership etc does not increase turnover does it?

My figures came from wikipedia (so not totally definitive) and I didnt include Undisclosed however unless we're saying Ambrose went for £26m

In - 38.3m (1 undisclosed Krul)

Out 17.6m (1 undisclosed Ambrose)

Total of disclosed - 20.7m loss

so unless you're saying that the combination of buying Krul and selling Ambrose totalled 26m profit I cant see how you get a net profit of 5.6m

Oh aye cos qualification for Europe, staying in Premiership etc does not increase turnover does it?

Not by enough.

Our loss of 2008 (£20.3 Mill) was off the back of the aforementioned transfer profit (£10.8 Mill) and our biggest ever revenue generated of £99.4 Mill.

Seriously, where was the money to come from to cover the losses AND spend the transfer profits.

2006 our last qualification for Europe with the games played in 2007 season (and thus the Euro riches followed) we made a net spend on transfers of £2.1 Mill and the club made a record loss of £34.2 Mill (would have been £41 Mill if we hadn't got £7Mill off the FA for EMO). That worked well. (revenue was £87.1 Mill that Euro year btw, same as 2005 but a tad more than 2006)

Of course I forgot, rampant spending also 100% guarantees Europe doesn't it.

Edited by Toonpack

always amazes me how people think they have right to ask the owner to spend all his money on their entertainment - maybe if we all licked in £ 10 k each it would help?

Perhaps put off changing the car or the wife for a couple of years and plough the saving into the club???

Some of his money would do. It's his toy, but it's our passion. Unique set of circumstances tbf.

We've had "some" (quite a big "some") already, how much more is reasonable ?

You're right though, it is his toy (lock stock and barrel) and he'll do with it whatever he wants.

My figures came from wikipedia (so not totally definitive) and I didnt include Undisclosed however unless we're saying Ambrose went for xxxxx

In - 38.3m (1 undisclosed Krul)

Out 17.6m (1 undisclosed Ambrose)

Total of disclosed - 20.7m loss

so unless you're saying that the combination of buying Krul and selling Ambrose totalled 26m profit I cant see how you get a net profit of 5.6m

Sorry, didn't see your edited bit. My figures come from the accounts (via swissramble table below) variance depends how and when timings are done for each year in Wiki v the accounts I guess.

5+Newcastle+Profit.jpg

Some of his money would do. It's his toy, but it's our passion. Unique set of circumstances tbf.

You're right though, it is his toy (lock stock and barrel) and he'll do with it whatever he wants.

He has spent, relatively speaking, very little on the development of his toy as this thread demonstrates.

A football club is not like any other asset (or liability), if you want to get the most out of it you have to cough up and of course that is a gamble.

I would like to see him demonstrate the ambition a club of with this support and potential deserves. I acknowledge he is pruning and shaping (rationalising and streamlining) and while this may improve our stability and be good for the future, I think he has been neglecting the team. It's all well and good having sound foundations but you should still make sure the roof doesn't cave in.

I am idiotically hopeful my concerns will be addressed in the summer, but I will be surprised if they do.

He has spent, relatively speaking, very little on the development of his toy as this thread demonstrates.

A football club is not like any other asset (or liability), if you want to get the most out of it you have to cough up and of course that is a gamble.

I would like to see him demonstrate the ambition a club of with this support and potential deserves. I acknowledge he is pruning and shaping (rationalising and streamlining) and while this may improve our stability and be good for the future, I think he has been neglecting the team. It's all well and good having sound foundations but you should still make sure the roof doesn't cave in.

I am idiotically hopeful my concerns will be addressed in the summer, but I will be surprised if they do.

True, to a point.

Yes he's spent little on new bits for his toy but he's spent a canny whack on life support (and yes I know he shouldn't have got us relegated etc etc) but the seeds of where we are were sown long ago.

I also hope the concerns will be addressed in the summer. It's black and white to me, he either invests, because this summer he can without further significant dippng into his own pocket OR he claws back. If it's the latter we have to wait it out whilst he reduces the equity position to a point where it's saleable again.

The summer will tell all without question IMO

True, to a point.

Yes he's spent little on new bits for his toy but he's spent a canny whack on life support (and yes I know he shouldn't have got us relegated etc etc) but the seeds of where we are were sown long ago.

I also hope the concerns will be addressed in the summer. It's black and white to me, he either invests, because this summer he can without further significant dippng into his own pocket OR he claws back. If it's the latter we have to wait it out whilst he reduces the equity position to a point where it's saleable again.

The summer will tell all without question IMO

Come sep 1st I have every faith you will admit you were wrong TP and finally join those who can see Ashley is nothing more than a bad smell and go down in history as such [if I'm wrong I'll admit it too] but I think that other lot on skunkers, and a few on here, will spend the next 20 years or so preaching their rubbish before the penny drops.

Ho hum.

I bought my 3 year season ticket last week. A cool 1360 quid including the magpie mover. I hope it proves worth it before I kick the bucket :icon_lol:

Out of curiosity, I checked skunkers.

It seems no one has written anything on it for about a year.

If they are fans of Ashley, then I suppose being proved right may mean they don't feel the need to write anymore.

You need to be a member to view threads, genius.

Out of curiosity, I checked skunkers.

It seems no one has written anything on it for about a year.

If they are fans of Ashley, then I suppose being proved right may mean they don't feel the need to write anymore.

You need to be a member to view threads, genius.

And in one line, Tecato dooms Skunkers to Hell by Poll.