Biggest moaner on here

McFaul

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry darlin :) I'm just in a really cheeky mood today. Beautiful place you live, really is. I've always wanted to go to Newton Abbot races, looks amazing. I've got family in Plympton again now, lived their previously, people from Plymouth are miserable twats though. They really all do have a similar tone to Trevor Francis, but it's a slower pace of life and many people like that. I would if I was like 60 or something

You are forgiven sweetie :)

I can understand you wanting to go to Newton Abbot race-course (there also used to be a race track there too but sadly that's gone now) But Newton Abbot town is a pretty miserable place. Torbay, Dartmouth, Shaldon.... infact anywhere along the rivers Dart and Teign you will find many quaint Devon villages and stunning scenery.

Mind, this slower pace of life thing down here......when will that start? As I'm always on the bloody go! :)

:) Compile me a list of chippies, Stevie. This is a genuine request since I only know of Gormans as being the boy.

MF you might not agree with my top three, and looking at your derby, I think you'll have had plenty experience of Tyneside chippies...but I'd say...

1 Gormans @ Cowgate

2 Christansen's @ North Shields (not been for a good 7 or 8 year but left a last impression on me)

3 One on Chilly Road is magic, can't even remember what it's called now but it's up there with the best of them

Can't remember ever having fish and chips in South Tyneside, but I bet there's plenty chippies looking at the size of people in Asda Boldon.

Edited by McFaul

Can't remember ever having fish and chips in South Tyneside, but I bet there's plenty chippies looking at the size of people in Asda Boldon.

Colmans on Ocean road was UK runner-up for best chippy a few years ago.

I find that as well. It's a lot more cynical. Even people I get on really well with will randomly say "whey aye", and it's not funny the 1,000th time. There's some misery for you Parky :)

What's worse is when a southerner doesn't even get it right:

"Whey aye the lads!"

"Fuck off you daft bastard"

Reminds me of a story from a while ago, supposedly true and knowing the lad I can believe it although I wasn't there.

Went to some away game somewhere, and a couple of old ladies, in the pub, said to one of the lads "isn't that accent great will you talk like Jimmy Nail for us"

So he said "fuck off you stupid owld bag". Cue a shocked silence.

Well, they asked for it.

Guest alex
Sorry darlin :) I'm just in a really cheeky mood today. Beautiful place you live, really is. I've always wanted to go to Newton Abbot races, looks amazing. I've got family in Plympton again now, lived their previously, people from Plymouth are miserable twats though. They really all do have a similar tone to Trevor Francis, but it's a slower pace of life and many people like that. I would if I was like 60 or something

I can understand you wanting to go to Newton Abbot race-course (there also used to be a race track there too but sadly that's gone now) But Newton Abbot town is a pretty miserable place. Torbay, Dartmouth, Shaldon.... infact anywhere along the rivers Dart and Teign you will find many quaint Devon villages and stunning scenery.

Mind, this slower pace of life thing down here......when will that start? As I'm always on the bloody go! :)

My great-grandma lived to be 97 and she lived in a little village called Tetcott. In fact, she actually lived in a row of three or four houses about a mile away from the village. It's been far too long since I've been back down to your part of the world.

I find that as well. It's a lot more cynical. Even people I get on really well with will randomly say "whey aye", and it's not funny the 1,000th time. There's some misery for you Parky :)

"Whey aye the lads!"

Reminds me of a story from a while ago, supposedly true and knowing the lad I can believe it although I wasn't there.

Went to some away game somewhere, and a couple of old ladies, in the pub, said to one of the lads "isn't that accent great will you talk like Jimmy Nail for us"

Well, they asked for it.

:) :) :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

I like that story, I love classic little geordie one line tales like that :)

Ye naa what it is, I was thinking about people on here who's told a funny story and who hasn't, and there's a canny few never told one little hilarious tale. One of my favourites was when some kid offered Alex on, then bottled it and ran away chanting "Killy Aggro, Killy Aggro hello hello!" :)

My great-grandma lived to be 97 and she lived in a little village called Tetcott. In fact, she actually lived in a row of three or four houses about a mile away from the village. It's been far too long since I've been back down to your part of the world.

I think thats somewhere between Holsworthy and Launceston. North Devon. Beautiful villages there, you must have a holiday here. It will be good for the stress :) There are so many places to see and I don't mean the usual Grockle haunts. either.

Kristian's has gone now Stevie. It shut down for a bit and has re-opened as Ocean's. I doubt it's the same owners or else why change the name.

Fuck knows why it closed though cos they must have been printing money.

Guest alex

I think thats somewhere between Holsworthy and Launceston. North Devon. Beautiful villages there, you must have a holiday here. It will be good for the stress :) There are so many places to see and I don't mean the usual Grockle haunts. either.

It's Lauceston way(-ish), aye. I'd love to go back down there for a holiday. Loved going there and Cornwall as a kid. My girlfriend had a few holidays down in Devon when she was a kid too.

Kristian's has gone now Stevie. It shut down for a bit and has re-opened as Ocean's. I doubt it's the same owners or else why change the name.

Was part of something we used to do every year go there when the Fish Quay festival was on, 30 mins to get served but it was worth it. Not being prejudiced but when foreigners take over chippies and you see Kebab stands hanging off the walls, they always turn pish.

"Whey aye the lads!"

Well, they asked for it.

:) :) :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

I like that story, I love classic little geordie one line tales like that :)

Ye naa what it is, I was thinking about people on here who's told a funny story and who hasn't, and there's a canny few never told one little hilarious tale. One of my favourites was when some kid offered Alex on, then bottled it and ran away chanting "Killy Aggro, Killy Aggro hello hello!" :)

Years ago, after the 5-5 draw with QPR in 1985 to be precise, me and a few mates who were at the game and stayed in Shepherds Bush, were in the West End. We bumped into a small group of other lads who my mate knew, although he knew they were trouble, or one bloke was. Lets call him Regan. He was a small stocky bloke but was one of those who had an air of menace about him, and apparently he is one of those who used to go down to the central station to meet the mackems when they came back from away games, and he used to get on the metro and go over to sunderland to fight them on his own.

Anyway, we all went into a pub in Soho somewhere [civilised normal one, remember we were a group of football fans but back then didn't wear shirts etc to look the part, we were just a group of about a dozen Geordie lads in his eyes], it was fairly empty, not many people in there. The bald landlord said "I only serve couples in here". So Regan said "we are couples". Landlord "sorry I said we only serve couples". Regan "look mate he's with him, he's with him and he's with him, so you can serve us". Landlord "sorry I only serve couples". Regan looked around the pub, few other people who weren't "couples", reached behind the bar, picked the landlord up with one hand and said "listen shiny heed we aren't going to cause you any bother but if you don't serve us a pint I'm gonna fucking break your neck", let him down again and got served by a shaking landlord. Absolutely shit himself. We had our pints then buggered off from Regans little gang.

I wouldn't know him if I saw him again, but my mate pointed him out walking around Wembley at one of the Cup Finals in 1998/99.

On one of the first one or two occasions when I went to London for a match (16 or 17) I remember a couple of old dears in a pub eating their dinner. One of them put her knife and fork down and picked up her napkin. One of the Geordies who was sort of in our group said "Are you finished with that, pet? to which she replied "uhm.. yes" at which he point he sat down and finished her plate including licking it clean.

Even I thought he was an uncivilised twat but God knows what the woman thought.

Guest alex
On one of the first one or two occasions when I went to London for a match (16 or 17) I remember a couple of old dears in a pub eating their dinner. One of them put her knife and fork down and picked up her napkin. One of the Geordies who was sort of in our group said "Are you finished with that, pet? to which she replied "uhm.. yes" at which he point he sat down and finished her plate including licking it clean.

Even I thought he was an uncivilised twat but God knows what the woman thought.

Recently a mate of my Dad's (Brummie, Villa fan and a good lad - honest Stevie :) ) was at a course up here at the travel lodge near Seaton Burn of all places. Anyway it was 2-3 days long so he was staying there overnight. When he'd finished his breakfast one morning one of the lads on the course from up here said to him "Here mate, are you finished with ya fat?" and proceeded to eat his leftover bacon rind. :)

and its not half as good, went the other week to sit in, obviously stopped serving cod and are now doing flatfish. :)

For me hands down, it's Rob W. There's no enthusiasm in anything he says, he's just fucking grey. Never happy, smiley, messages just fuckin ":(" cheer up. Special mention for toonpack who's a miserable cunt as well, and Sniffer, who needs prozac. The lad tecato is canny miserable for a young lad at times too. Cheer up you fucka's.

pot kettle black

:) :) :) :) :):icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol::D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D