Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

Tooj

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Aye, and Jon didn't do a very good job of making his case. They've killed loads of wights, why haven't they kept a hand in a jar for a maester to inspect?

One problem I have; The Red Woman knows about the Night King, she wants that to be the focus, so why didn't she tell Dany about it before Jon arrived. "Here, Dragon Tits, I'm off cos these two aren't my biggest fans, but before I do, there's this geet big army of dead people lead by Darth Maul and this mopey cunt needs your help defeating them, or we're all fucked. Cheers, tarah

Oh and, for dinner? don't suggest a barbecue... or kebabs. Ok thanks byeee"

Aye she could have used her flame visions to convince them surely.  If Thoros can do that with the Hound surely she can do it with someone who thinks she's all about fire.

Incidentally, book devotees have been complaining about the apparently teleportation throughout the show. To me it's clearly just a device to move the show along.  Otherwise it becomes a travelogue like Tyrions chapters in the last book (which were criticised also.)

Based off nowt I can see dragon tits losing a dragon or two and being forced north by the lannisters. She will meet up with John and the brotherhood, defeat the white walkers and then all go south and fuck everyone else up.

Just now, David Kelly said:

Aye she could have used her flame visions to convince them surely.  If Thoros can do that with the Hound surely she can do it with someone who thinks she's all about fire.

Incidentally, book devotees have been complaining about the apparently teleportation throughout the show. To me it's clearly just a device to move the show along.  Otherwise it becomes a travelogue like Tyrions chapters in the last book (which were criticised also.)

Imagine if she had tried to prove the existence of ice zombies. Only Varys would flat out refuse to entertain the idea because a wizard took his balls, then when Jon and Davos show up and independently tell the same story Dany takes her Dragons up North, sets fire to great swathes of the legions of the dead and Jon and the others mop up the rest. Then Jon bends the knee/marries his aunt and they turn their combined forces on Cersei, who's stabbed in the back by Jamie as Tyrion has some lovely banter with Varys. Theon heroically buckles his uncle's swash. Sam is revealed to be GRRM this whole time. Bran travels back in time and tells himself not to climb the wall.

Oh and Littlefinger gets skullfucked by the Mountain.

Jesus, I'm so glad they cut that from the show. Imagine weeks of Tyrion becoming a trusted adviser of a young lad who (going by the Show) doesn't matter a fucking jot. It'd be worse than Arya's house of Black and White storyline.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Imagine if she had tried to prove the existence of ice zombies. Only Varys would flat out refuse to entertain the idea because a wizard took his balls, then when Jon and Davos show up and independently tell the same story Dany takes her Dragons up North, sets fire to great swathes of the legions of the dead and Jon and the others mop up the rest. Then Jon bends the knee/marries his aunt and they turn their combined forces on Cersei, who's stabbed in the back by Jamie as Tyrion has some lovely banter with Varys. Theon heroically buckles his uncle's swash. Sam is revealed to be GRRM this whole time. Bran travels back in time and tells himself not to climb the wall.

Oh and Littlefinger gets skullfucked by the Mountain.

Jesus, I'm so glad they cut that from the show. Imagine weeks of Tyrion becoming a trusted adviser of a young lad who (going by the Show) doesn't matter a fucking jot. It'd be worse than Arya's house of Black and White storyline.

That's all a little simplistic don't you think?

3 minutes ago, strawb said:

Based off nowt I can see dragon tits losing a dragon or two and being forced north by the lannisters. She will meet up with John and the brotherhood, defeat the white walkers and then all go south and fuck everyone else up.

Three people riding dragons is a huge part of GoT lore. I can't see any dragon actually dying. Although one dying and being brought back by a Red Priest/ess would be kind of cool.

The most popular theory is that the three people riding dragons will be the three Targaryen children; Dany, Jon and Tyrion.

Just now, David Kelly said:

That's all a little simplistic don't you think?

Yes.

everything after "balls" was just silly.

I think my problem is mainly with Euron. He reminds me of captain flashheart from blackadder but played by Eddie Izzard rather than Rik Maya.

He appeared out of nowhere when all the other characters were well established, and built the largest navy the world has ever seen in an impossibly short timeline with no physical or human resources. Now he's impossibly powerful and for me adding nothing interesting to the mix. Utterly shit character. 

I don't like how they have portrayed him either but he is a bit more fleshed out in the books. He was banished after raping someone's wife I think? He went raiding around the entire world and is a well known badass. He is a bit pirates of the Caribbean for my tastes mind

I think they've introduced him too late.  He was first mentioned in the second book and first appeared in the third, increasing his power from thereon.  He was also brought in with his two brothers after Balon's (their other brother) death.  I think all of this made him a much more respectable character in the books.  I can understand why he was left out of the show for as long as he was as he wasn't moving the story on.  But its backfired somewhat.

In the books there was a similar problem with the introduction of Aegon in the fifth book.  It just felt strange to introduce and important new character and storyline so late on.  Which is probably why they've left him out of the show.  

I'm curious to see the new books, a few major plot points have been tied up by the show already, some major characters in books have either been killed already, or just wiped from the story entirely. Victarion, Aegon, Mance Rayder, Brynden Tully... Rickon has gone off to Skagos

Enjoyed the Arya stuff and I'm all for exciting action but the teleportation thing is getting beyond a joke now. Even if we overlooked the Dothraki transportation, having Tyrion be on the beach to tell them the queen's gone and still have him overlooking the battle was fucking stupid.

5 hours ago, NJS said:

Enjoyed the Arya stuff and I'm all for exciting action but the teleportation thing is getting beyond a joke now. Even if we overlooked the Dothraki transportation, having Tyrion be on the beach to tell them the queen's gone and still have him overlooking the battle was fucking stupid.

The teleportation stuff didn't bother me in the slightest, in fact I was caught up enough in the action to not even notice it.  I thought it was a superb episode with real tension as to whether big and much loved characters would be killed.  It's the first time in ages that I really felt like I didn't know what the outcome was going to be and who would survive.

Teleportation thing doesn't really bother me when it's how long Euron would take to get from A-to-B. But Tyrion's line on the beach could have been delivered by someone else, there was no need for him to say it, where there was a need for him to be at the battle. He was echoing the audience's thoughts when he urged Jaime to run away, and called him an idiot.

Good episode I thought, trotted along quite nicely and I enjoyed the Arya stuff too. 

Not sure why Sansa was annoyed when Brienne was sparring with her little sister though?

Oh I was surprised that the gold made it safely to King's Landing. But then it makes sense that Jaime is the spoils of war, rather than the gold. It'll lure Cersei into doing something fucking stupid/rash.

Edited by The Fish

36 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Teleportation thing doesn't really bother me when it's how long Euron would take to get from A-to-B. But Tyrion's line on the beach could have been delivered by someone else, there was no need for him to say it, where there was a need for him to be at the battle. He was echoing the audience's thoughts when he urged Jaime to run away, and called him an idiot.

Good episode I thought, trotted along quite nicely and I enjoyed the Arya stuff too. 

Not sure why Sansa was annoyed when Brienne was sparring with her little sister though?

Hide contents

Oh I was surprised that the gold made it safely to King's Landing. But then it makes sense that Jaime is the spoils of war, rather than the gold. It'll lure Cersei into doing something fucking stupid/rash.

It needed Tyrion on the beach to show that he still has love for Jamie surely? Although in the show there's no reason to think that he doesn't whereas in the books there is.

54 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

It needed Tyrion on the beach to show that he still has love for Jamie surely? Although in the show there's no reason to think that he doesn't whereas in the books there is.

Having him at the battle was fine (in the context of the Dothraki being there as well)  - but he was on the beach when Theon arrived and told him she'd gone.

7 minutes ago, NJS said:

Having him at the battle was fine (in the context of the Dothraki being there as well)  - but he was on the beach when Theon arrived and told him she'd gone.

Aye that's unnecessary having him there with Theon.  Sorry I skim read Fish's post.  A bit daft but still nothing that spoilt anything for me. 

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Reveal hidden contents

I think Sansa, though she has had a hard journey, is reverting a little bit to the girl at the start who was a self-centred brat who wants to be the centre of attention.

I also think they're answering questions about Bran's creepiness by selling the idea he isn't Bran anymore with the "you died in that cave" line.

45 minutes ago, NJS said:

Just watched it again and I was talking shite - Jon told Theon the Queen was gone - Tyrion must have travelled with the Dothraki.

So Tyrion was on the beach with Dany, but then wasn't there for Theon?

Edited by The Fish

29 minutes ago, The Fish said:

So Tyrion was on the beach with Dany, but then wasn't there for Theon?

Yeah that was when she gave her "you're all fucking shit" bit and Jon advised her to use the dragons better tactically.

Jon and Davos then walked down the steps later meeting Missasndei along the way before meeting Theon.

6 hours ago, David Kelly said:

It's looking very likely now that no matter what the end of it all is, the Stark children aren't going to end up back as one happy family.

Was thinking today all the stark kids are "dead" in one way or another.

Rickon literally.

Rob literally.

Bran in the cave, becoming 3 eyed raven.

Arya is no-one.

Sansa has been Ramsayed and is probably pregnant.

Jon was killed.

Theon, well, say no more.

Of course all the lannister kids are also literally dead. George Martin not a fan of kids? 

Excellent episode today, back on track. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

I'm conflicted about how this is going. To see six years of intricately plotted slow threads come together in a sudden explosion of serious shit happening in every scene is becoming a bit much. 

As a complete aside I found myself watching a bit of the Fifth Element last night and it struck me how Gary Oldman's character reminded me of Littlefinger - I hope the latter suffers the same fate but at the hands of Arya.