It's Yohan Cabaye

Toonpack

TBF, I spent 10 days in Australia and was left open mouthed at the number of times I heard people talk about niggers, coons and abbos in general day to say conversations.

Wogs are Italians I believe. And Sand Wogs might be egyptians.

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what do we all make of this then.

The Football Association has rejected Everton's appeal against Tim Cahill's red card in Sunday's win over Newcastle.

Everton appealed after the Australia international was dismissed following an altercation with Magpies midfielder Yohan Cabaye at the full-time whistle.

However, the club has confirmed, via their website, that they have been unsuccessful and Cahill will now serve a three-match ban at the start of next season.

Cahill has accepted his punishment, but has accused Cabaye of using language which has "no place either on or off the football pitch".

Cahill issued a statement, through his management company Wasserman Media Group, in which he said: "I accept my three-match ban.

"My reaction at the end of the game was out of character but I was disgusted at comments made to me by Cabaye.

"I don't wish to elaborate on the exact detail of what was said - but his words have no place either on or off the football pitch.

"Cabaye has apologised via his club's website and as far as I am concerned the matter is now closed."

Sorry

Cabaye, who was cautioned by referee Andre Marriner, had issued an apology on Newcastle's website at the weekend.

"I would like to apologise for the cross words I exchanged with Tim Cahill which resulted in his red card and my booking on the final whistle," said Cabaye.

"It was unnecessary and, regrettably, the result of frustration and disappointment, all in the heat of the moment.

"It is out of character and for that I am sorry.

Anybody seriously not think it was something racist?

I think Cabaye may find himself quite lucky that Cahill is being such a gent about the whole thing.

Edited by Christmas Tree

So what do we all make of this then.

Anybody seriously not think it was something racist?

I think Cabaye may find himself quite lucky that Cahill is being such a gent about the whole thing.

Cabaye's certainly a worky ticket but there's nothing at all to suggest he has any history of racism behind him so I don't see why you can't give him the benefit of the doubt?

Cabaye's certainly a worky ticket but there's nothing at all to suggest he has any history of racism behind him so I don't see why you can't give him the benefit of the doubt?

I think most sensible people can view Cabayes post match statement along with Cahills comments and realise that something pretty unsavoury took place.

I quite understand because he's "one of ours" we might want to move on swiftly but I think its quite possible that the reason we havent got a Ferdinand, Suarez or Terry story on the go is down to the forgiving nature of Cahill.

Makes you wonder what he said like...

Something about Cahill's mother apparently. Guaranteed to be the easiest bite without resorting to racism..

I think most sensible people can view Cabayes post match statement along with Cahills comments and realise that something pretty unsavoury took place.

I quite understand because he's "one of ours" we might want to move on swiftly but I think its quite possible that the reason we havent got a Ferdinand, Suarez or Terry story on the go is down to the forgiving nature of Cahill.

Be quiet man :lol:

It's got nothing to do with him being one of ours, it's more to do with the fact you're trying to label a player as a racist when there's clearly no evidence of the sort.

It's got nothing to do with him being one of ours, it's more to do with the fact you're trying to label a player as a racist when there's clearly no evidence of the sort.

I think it looks very unpleasant and whether you think so or not, it leaves a nasty question mark hanging over him. All the reporting of this is "Disgusted Cahil.....".

Of course the bloke is innocent unless proven guilty.

But do I think all of this is because he called him a son of a bitch or such like.

According to Reuters there is mobile-phone footage of Cabaye licking his finger to wet it with saliva and then inserting the finger into Cahill's ear and wiggling it around. Apparently this is the same method used to disperse the Aboriginals from their rightful land in Australia, thus Cahill's violent reaction. Shocking stuff, and in light of Barton's punishment for his conduct I think we could be looking at a full-season ban for Yohan.

According to Reuters there is mobile-phone footage of Cabaye licking his finger to wet it with saliva and then inserting the finger into Cahill's ear and wiggling it around. Apparently this is the same method used to disperse the Aboriginals from their rightful land in Australia, thus Cahill's violent reaction. Shocking stuff, and in light of Barton's punishment for his conduct I think we could be looking at a full-season ban for Yohan.

:spit: