Mike Ashleys Newcastle Revolution

Christmas Tree

Canaye, gervinho, Gameiro?????

How can any Newcastle fan not get excited about these sort of incomings.

Because they're probably not going to join us?

Do you believe everything the papers tell you? Have you not noticed the clubs linked to the aforementioned?

And why am I biting?

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its being a long and winding road with plenty of self inflicted pot holes along the way........BUT....Could we finally be about to witness the same dramatic turnaround on the pitch that we have seen off it.

Cabaye, Gameiro, Gervinho......all good footballers that I have never heard of :lol: but listening to others points of view, good none the less.

These are not the league 1 donkeys that the naysayers promised. These are not the Carlton Coles. No these by all accounts are some of the cream of Europe that according to many reports, we are trying desperately to sign.

A line has been drawn.

Gone are the days of a club throwing away good money on over the hill journeymen. Gone are the deals for the boys. Instead we have a club that is filling its youth larder with tomorrows stars and trying to bring current stars into the first team.

What more can we ask?

Of course, there is the little matter of paper and ink, but lets not let that get in the way of glorious vision, a turning point, a new beginning.

For it is foretold that Newcastle will once again rise from the darkness and weave its magic throughout Englands green pastures.

where are all these people who complain about reading the same old boring shite, and the banning of people for doing it :D

CT I've had an ignore free experience on this site for about a year but your saccharin shite is pushing that policy to breaking point.

I'm positive as fuck in my life and that's the only way to go, but to be blindly positive about something you can do fuck all about when the reality of things is quite different is not for me, not for many and perhaps even, in this instance, the preserve of the naive, stupid or attention seeking.

Hopeful realism is a different thing, but BFMA has managed to squash even that that out of many of us to be replaced by something more cynical, or maybe it is just appropriate realism. You cannot make us all wrong for that when you know what a pair of A-grade cunts him and Dekka have been, will be and are.

only person I've got on ignore, and the only person I've EVER had on ignore, is this polish kid on here just now, who seems to have disappeared lately.

I don't mind reading other people's rubbish, when they spout it like the Ashley-backers are doing, but he is just too much.

How can any Newcastle fan assume they're all done deals? That's not negative either before you start, it's purely matter of fact.

As I stated in the OP. :lol: But the very fact these are the type of players we are desperately trying to tie down should be cause of celebration. And btw, Cabaye must be on some sort of agreement for it all to come out.

It's hard to be overly positive when it's looking likely that we're going to lose to spine of our team

Which spine is that then? name names?

barton, enrique, nolan

all big players that have been rumoured to be on their way out. all unlikely to be replaced by a better quality player, if at all. see carroll debacle.

A left back and right winger are not what I would call a spine for starters.

And lets be honest about Nolan, outside of the box he offers very little. This Cabaye sounds as though he WILL be a better replacement.

I think your viewpoint comparing this to Carroll when it is apparent to everyone that we are attacking this window, shows your bias.

And lets be honest about Nolan, outside of the box he offers very little.

What an utterly stupid thing to say. Strikers don't do much outside of the box either, shall we just not play with any?

Nolan scores goals aplenty to take us up and then repeats his scoring form to keep us up at the first attempt. He's also the captain and instrumental behind the scenes, as well having the experience of being in this league for so long. He's an integral part of the squad and you'd miss him if he went.

Getting linked to all these French and African players is all well and good but they're not proven in his country. Barton, Enrique and Nolan are. Replacing them would be a massive risk to undertake.

It's hard to be overly positive when it's looking likely that we're going to lose to spine of our team

Which spine is that then? name names?

Barton'll be off next year at the latest, Ricky's on the way out, Carroll's already gone, Nolan's unhappy about the Barton saga as the contract he said he'd sign a month or so ago still hasn't been signed. Rumours going round that Jonas might be off too.

Those players have been instrumental in getting us to where we are now, and are clearly the driving force behind the team spirit that's been established. It's good that we're signing players (we haven't got any yet) but if we lose our key players it isn't going to help nearly as much as it should.

I agree with some of that, but even so we should be rejoicing that we are trying to bring in quality players whose best years lie ahead, not behind them. We will make no progress if we still have Barton, Nolan and Jonas playing in the team in two years time.

Change can always be uncomfortable, but when it is positive change you have to embrace it.

Nolan has given us some great goals over the last two years but even this year you can see the game has been a bit too quick for him, especially if we've been on the back foot. Great in the box when we've be in control, no argument there.

Barton has had a great season and I hope he stays for next year.

Jonas I think will be gone and I think we will be a better team without him.

The bottom line for me is the type of players we are trying to get. Proven quality players not the has-beens that were feared by most.

CT I've had an ignore free experience on this site for about a year but your saccharin shite is pushing that policy to breaking point.

I'm positive as fuck in my life and that's the only way to go, but to be blindly positive about something you can do fuck all about when the reality of things is quite different is not for me, not for many and perhaps even, in this instance, the preserve of the naive, stupid or attention seeking.

Hopeful realism is a different thing, but BFMA has managed to squash even that that out of many of us to be replaced by something more cynical, or maybe it is just appropriate realism. You cannot make us all wrong for that when you know what a pair of A-grade cunts him and Dekka have been, will be and are.

Your problem is you need to take your head out of the sand.

Simply tell me what is negative about Ashley trying to spend some of the 35 million on Cabaye, Gervihno or Gameiro.

Answer me that one point with no waffle.

aye but youre trying to bank chocolate money at the moment mate

Is that done on the same street as fudge packing?

if we're going down that road so to speak, i think he's playing a one player 'biscuit game' or summat here like .

. . now haway - get ya head out the sand eh :lol::D

What an utterly stupid thing to say. Strikers don't do much outside of the box either.

:lol::D:D:P But Nolans not a striker!

You're missing my point, he's scored plenty of goals regardless of his position. But because he doesn't do as much as you believe he should do outside of it (doesn't matter how many goals he scores eh?), then he's replaceable.

Simply tell me what is negative about Ashley trying to spend some of the 35 million on Cabaye, Gervihno or Gameiro.

Bump. :lol:

Its being a long and winding road with plenty of self inflicted pot holes along the way........BUT....Could we finally be about to witness the same dramatic turnaround on the pitch that we have seen off it.

Cabaye, Gameiro, Gervinho......all good footballers that I have never heard of :D but listening to others points of view, good none the less.

These are not the league 1 donkeys that the naysayers promised. These are not the Carlton Coles. No these by all accounts are some of the cream of Europe that according to many reports, we are trying desperately to sign.

A line has been drawn.

Gone are the days of a club throwing away good money on over the hill journeymen. Gone are the deals for the boys. Instead we have a club that is filling its youth larder with tomorrows stars and trying to bring current stars into the first team.

What more can we ask?

Of course, there is the little matter of paper and ink, but lets not let that get in the way of glorious vision, a turning point, a new beginning.

For it is foretold that Newcastle will once again rise from the darkness and weave its magic throughout Englands green pastures.

:lol: Genuinely retarded imo.

CT would be a lot better off on NO

he's just a WUM man, nobody's that stupid. Having said that like....... :lol:

Even you, you miserable old Steptoe :D surely even you can muster a whimper of a cheer for the signing of Cabaye.

I don't think he's a WUM, and I'm not sure he's that stupid either.

I think his misguided optimism is his reaction to the trepidation he feels (deep inside his mind) about our future. Most of us just rant about it, he reacts by telling himself that everything will be alright, without question.

Even you, you miserable old Steptoe :D surely even you can muster a whimper of a cheer for the signing of Cabaye.

Did you honestly know who Cabaye a couple of days ago?

What an utterly stupid thing to say. Strikers don't do much outside of the box either.

:lol::D:D:P But Nolans not a striker!

You're missing my point, he's scored plenty of goals regardless of his position. But because he doesn't do as much as you believe he should do outside of it (doesn't matter how many goals he scores eh?), then he's replaceable.

Of course he is. The only way we will progress is by replacing players such as Nolan. I am really surprised how naive you are on this matter.

I don't think he's a WUM, and I'm not sure he's that stupid either.

I think his misguided optimism is his reaction to the trepidation he feels (deep inside his mind) about our future. Most of us just rant about it, he reacts by telling himself that everything will be alright, without question.

The fact that we have done a deal on Thursday GONE for Cabaye is not optimism, its fact. :D

The fact that Gervinho is considering whether to join us is fact, not optimism.

Everybody even you (I guess) would agree that these are quality players that would improve us, therefore it is quite within reason to consider the boards decision to go after these players, a positive move.

4 pages long btw and not one of you, particularly Trophyshy can explain how this news is not good.

Staggering and blinkered tbf

There is nothing negative about trying to sign those players.

Now you answer me this, Yule Grinner, what is positive about the core of our team all being mooted as on their way?