Neil Taylor Transfer Saga & Other Adventures...

@yourservice

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the above are completely different to:

"Newcastle I'd be amazed if you came 17th"

But dont worry about taking anything out of context if it suits your own argument.

You seem to have pissed yourself for about 3 seperate posts there... i'd see someone about that if I was you, or go to boots and buy some Tenna Men... yes apparently they do make them for men these days... bit embarrasing buying them i'm sure, but you seem to piss yourself very easily which must be more embarrasing surely?

Keep looking for the threads where "half of you said you'd come 6th at the start of the season" Good lad.

But dont worry about taking anything out of context if it suits your own argument.

You seem to have pissed yourself for about 3 seperate posts there... i'd see someone about that if I was you, or go to boots and buy some Tenna Men... yes apparently they do make them for men these days... bit embarrasing buying them i'm sure, but you seem to piss yourself very easily which must be more embarrasing surely?

Keep looking for the threads where "half of you said you'd come 6th at the start of the season" Good lad.

The difference is that I posted a thread which proved I was wrong and apologised.

You posted something to back up what you were saying, despite the fact it ACTUALLY proved you were WRONG!

Now who looks a little bit silly eh? :lol:

The difference is that I posted a thread which proved I was wrong and apologised.

You posted something to back up what you were saying, despite the fact it ACTUALLY proved you were WRONG!

At least you acknowledge earlier you looked like one of the biggest bellwhiffs in Toontastic's 7 year history today.

Anyway a lot of you said you'd finish above us, we came 7th, so therefore that means you'd of had to come 6th... there you go that saved me some time.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: B):icon_lol: :icon_lol: :(

At least you acknowledge earlier you looked like one of the biggest bellwhiffs in Toontastic's 7 year history today.

Anyway a lot of you said you'd finish above us, we came 7th, so therefore that means you'd of had to come 6th... there you go that saved me some time.

Bloody hell all that effort over the last 6 or so pages, and then this is the best you could do?

Poor effort man, I had expected more. You've not only let me down, but yourself, and the whole Toontastic family... shame on you!

Bloody hell all that effort over the last 6 or so pages, and then this is the best you could do?

Poor effort man, I had expected more. You've not only let me down, but yourself, and the whole Toontastic family... shame on you!

Yee remind me of Wykikitoon for some reason..

Yee remind me of Wykikitoon for some reason..

Sorry I dont know who that is.

Chronny

The Taylor situation with Swansea is also proving a grind for both the player and United.

Taylor is desperate to come to Tyneside and reports in South Wales say while a £1m bid has triggered a clause, this only allows him to talk to Newcastle.

Swansea feel they can still reject any bids for the player they signed from Wrexham.

Swans chairman Ellis said: “We recognise Neil as a young, talented Welsh player who has an important role to play at this club.

“We brought him here from Wrexham and have helped nurture his development.

“He adjusted very well to the Championship last season and we look forward to seeing him play a big role as we enter the Premier League.

“That is why we have rejected Newcastle’s bid.

“I spoke to Neil’s agent today and he understands the situation.

“We have a big challenge ahead in the Premier League, but together we can maintain the progress made by this club over the last few years.”

• 2 weeks later...

Taylor seeks transfer arbitration

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13935488.stm

Swansea City defender Neil Taylor has written to the Premier League to help resolve the dispute over his possible move to Newcastle United.

BBC Sport Wales understands the 22-year-old Wales left-back's case has now been referred to an arbitration panel.

The Magpies are thought to have offered £1m for Taylor, which they believe triggers a clause allowing them to approach and sign the player.

But Swansea insist that the clause only allows talks to take place.

No date has yet been set for a hearing which could have wider implications for clubs and players who have agreed similar clauses.

A further twist in the situation is that Swansea have made a bid of around £1.5m for Newcastle midfielder Wayne Routledge, with that also yet to be resolved.

Swansea City have previously rejected Newcastle's bid for Taylor, believing the three-cap Wales man is worth more than has been offered.

Taylor was a key part of the Swansea side which won promotion to the Premier League in May, making 32 appearances for Brendan Rodgers' side last season - including the 4-2 play-off final win over Reading at Wembley.

Swansea signed Taylor as a free agent in June 2010 after his contract expired with Wrexham, although the Blue Square Bet Premier side did get £150,000 compensation as the player is under 24 years old.

Wrexham are also due 10% of any future transfer fee profit and will watch for any decision from the arbitration panel with interest.

Can we not just do a straight trade and save the toruble

there’s at least £500k difference in valuation between the 2 players. With the club turning off escalators et al to save money I can’t see them writing off that much any time soon.

Can we not just do a straight trade and save the toruble

there’s at least £500k difference in valuation between the 2 players. With the club turning off escalators et al to save money I can’t see them writing off that much any time soon.

That will be magnified by the running costs relating to Ashley's soon to be installed Jumbotron screens/advertising billboards for shitedirect.com's television grabs.

We may have to throw our great striking hope plucked from the great talent pool that is the Faroe Islands into any potential swap, to meet the gap & get the deal over the line. :rolleyes:

Swansea City defender Neil Taylor has written to the Premier League to help resolve the dispute over his possible move to Newcastle United.

BBC Sport Wales understands the 22-year-old Wales left-back's case has now been referred to an arbitration panel.

The Magpies are thought to have offered £1m for Taylor, which they believe triggers a clause allowing them to approach and sign the player.

No date has yet been set for a hearing which could have wider implications for clubs and players who have agreed similar clauses.

A further twist in the situation is that Swansea have made a bid of around £1.5m for Newcastle midfielder Wayne Routledge, with that also yet to be resolved.

Swansea City have previously rejected Newcastle's bid for Taylor, believing the three-cap Wales man is worth more than has been offered.

Taylor was a key part of the Swansea side which won promotion to the Premier League in May, making 32 appearances for Brendan Rodgers' side last season - including the 4-2 play-off final win over Reading at Wembley.

Swansea signed Taylor as a free agent in June 2010 after his contract expired with Wrexham, although the Blue Square Bet Premier side did get £150,000 compensation as the player is under 24 years old.

Wrexham are also due 10% of any future transfer fee profit and will watch for any decision from the arbitration panel with interest.

Although it would probably knock a sizeable hole in our transfer target shortlist (it would probably obliterate it) I'd like to see the arbitration panel set a precedent here, by awarding Swansea something close to their valuation - swing the pendulum back into the favour of chairman who have begrudgingly agreed to such terms in the first place.

Player agents only need to mention the word 'Bosman' already, to engineer a move away from an unwilling seller well before a contract's expiration ie. see Mandic mentioning 'we'll do a Bosman', to force Leeds' hand to get Kewell to Liverpool when there were better offers on the table - from other clubs. The Webster Rule is another that allows a powershift in the favour of players & agents. Players & agents already have too much ammunition at their disposal.

Ashley's backers will no doubt praise our cleverness (by acquiring another target for peanuts) but minimum fee triggers/clauses further undermine the sanctitiy of a contract, and in the case of derisory amounts shits all over any financial rewards reaped in by developing players, and the transfer market is the cornerstone for the financial stability of lower league outfits/and low profile clubs with little in the way of income streams who yo-yo between divisions.

It's a concern that we will leave another aggrieved club in our wake, due to our 'clever' way of doing business. As a club that's worth doing business with, our reputation as a respectful dealer has been muddied.

Edited by Year Zero

Although it would probably knock a sizeable hole in our transfer target shortlist (it would probably obliterate it) I'd like to see the arbitration panel set a precedent here, by awarding Swansea something close to their valuation - swing the pendulum back into the favour of chairman who have begrudgingly agreed to such terms in the first place.

Player agents only need to mention the word 'Bosman' already, to engineer a move away from an unwilling seller well before a contract's expiration ie. see Mandic mentioning 'we'll do a Bosman', to force Leeds' hand to get Kewell to Liverpool when there were better offers on the table - from other clubs. The Webster Rule is another that allows a powershift in the favour of players & agents. Players & agents already have too much ammunition at their disposal.

Ashley's backers will no doubt praise our cleverness (by acquiring another target for peanuts) but minimum fee triggers/clauses further undermine the sanctitiy of a contract, and in the case of derisory amounts shits all over any financial rewards reaped in by developing players, and the transfer market is the cornerstone for the financial stability of lower league outfits/and low profile clubs with little in the way of income streams who yo-yo between divisions.

It's a concern that we will leave another aggrieved club in our wake, due to our 'clever' way of doing business. As a club that's worth doing business with, our reputation as a respectful dealer has been muddied.

Why do you assume we are in the wrong. What on Earth is a "talk" clause. There must be a dodgy contract template going around. As Naylor and his agent were both under the impression it was a release clause. Contract law is clear, any ambiguity at all and the party who drew up the contract loses, which is most likely Swansea. The arbitration judgement will be interesting and probably set a precedent.

I think you'll find within clubs we have a good reputation. We recently paid over a six figure sum in compensation to Anichebe for the Kevin Nolan

tackle. link

I agree with Phil. If Swansea put the clause in then they should honour it and can't complain about it. A clause allow a player to "talk" makes no sense to me and sounds like justification after the fact.

But I'm bored with the saga anyway, I hope we're not talking about Enrique's replacement here.

I agree with Phil. If Swansea put the clause in then they should honour it and can't complain about it. A clause allow a player to "talk" makes no sense to me and sounds like justification after the fact.

But I'm bored with the saga anyway, I hope we're not talking about Enrique's replacement here.

It's naive to think that contract negotiations are a one-way street, where the clubs attempt to call all the shots ie. they insist on trigger clauses, for minimal fees. The same applies to the area of bonus', and a player's image rights.

There's no sensible logic in a club chairman drawing up a clause (of his volition, with the financial best interests of the club at the fore) which enables a youngster to leave for bugger-all, after a break-out year, to a bigger club. C'mon it's the agents who insist on these (for minimal fees) as a means of fast-tracking their clients' careers to the higher grades on a club scale, where there is a higher ceiling of earning potential. They push for an increased chance of player movement. Swansea probably had to play ball with the player's agent when they got their man originally, just as clubs have to do in order to retain their best players. This is why there is an arbitration process, to allow clubs the right of appeal when there are instances (in this case a contract, with a clause probably included in accordance to agent demands) that allow for an outgoing fee to not be reflective of a player's rate of progression.

Nice sig by the way. A personal message would have sufficed, rather resorting to effort of changing profile settings.

Edited by Year Zero

It's naive to think that contract negotiations are a one-way street, where the clubs attempt to call all the shots ie. they insist on trigger clauses, for minimal fees. The same applies to the area of bonus', and a player's image rights.

There's no sensible logic in a club chairman drawing up a clause (of his volition, with the financial best interests of the club at the fore) which enables a youngster to leave for bugger-all, after a break-out year, to a bigger club. C'mon it's the agents who insist on these (for minimal fees) as a means of fast-tracking their clients' careers to the higher grades on a club scale, where there is a higher ceiling of earning potential. They push for an increased chance of player movement. Swansea probably had to play ball with the player's agent when they got their man originally, just as clubs have to do in order to retain their best players. This is why there is an arbitration process, to allow clubs the right of appeal when there are instances (in this case a contract, with a clause probably included in accordance to agent demands) that allow for an outgoing fee to not be reflective of a player's rate of progression.

Nice sig by the way. A personal message would have sufficed, rather resorting to effort of changing profile settings.

They did not have to sign the contract though. When they did, they can't change it later.

I'm coming from a pro-Cardiff perspective admittedly, but I think it's true that Swansea and their chairman have a reputation for being a rather low form of life. Certainly true of the managers that seem to gravitate there.

Swanseas chairman just been on SSN saying this will be sorted out by the end of the week without the need for a tribunal. Sounded like he just wants a bit more cash rather than any great desire to holding onto his player

Swanseas chairman just been on SSN saying this will be sorted out by the end of the week without the need for a tribunal. Sounded like he just wants a bit more cash rather than any great desire to holding onto his player

That sounds about right. A lot of noise about how he wanted the boy to be an integral part of the jacks rise to glory but it was all about the money really.