Nolan Rejects New Contract

DubiousBobcat

tbh it's a good thing, we offerd him a four year deal and he turned it down. we should be looking at his contract not this summer but next when we know where we are. He has two years left ffs

so potentially we've got barton, nolan and enrique - three of our senior players - all leaving. i'm all for an influx of new faces but we don't have a big enough squad to be losing the bulk of our current key players.

so potentially we've got barton, nolan and enrique - three of our senior players - all leaving. i'm all for an influx of new faces but we don't have a big enough squad to be losing the bulk of our current key players.

why is he leaving cos he has truned down a contract when he has two years left? it means absolutely nothing, how many other layers do we have that only have 2 years left, are they all leaving as well?

All teams "potentially" have players leaving. Nasri (Arsenal) and N'Zogbia (Wigan) are two of their best players with only a year left. And they have publicly said theywant to leave.

why is he leaving cos he has truned down a contract when he has two years left? it means absolutely nothing, how many other layers do we have that only have 2 years left, are they all leaving as well?

because another club has shown they are more interested [and attractive] to him ?

ie West Ham ?

It seems unlikely that a move to one of the top six will come off for Barton or Nolan. That leaves other mid table also rans willing to splash transfer fees, big wages and long term contracts on two blokes hitting 30. Not many chairmen going to sanction that.

Not to say they wont be wanted or it wont happen, just a big risk financially for mid table clubs, never mind fat sam.

Dont name the thread 'Transfer' then.

I think the club needs to hold its nerve here. There is no way i want to see Nolan who is already slow as fuck on big wages for another 4 seasons. 2015 he will not be in the starting 11 so anyone thinking they should be paying him in 2015 what he is earning now, doesnt have a clue imo.

Guest alex

Reading between the lines, Nolan/McKay fancy one last pay day and Nolan's stock will never again be as high as it is now imo. Barton seemingly on his way out may also have helped make up his mind.

Also, they probably never wanted to sign Nolan in the first place (although he's come good) and certainly didn't really want to give him the wages he's on. He was a last minute panic buy after Barton got injured in that January the season we went down.

Edited by alex

From Nolans point of view, and his agents, this is his last big contract. It's an important one, as if he leaves the club at 31/32 looking for a top flight club/top class contract, he (probably)won't get it. The best things for these sort of situations seems to be clauses inserted saying if the player hits 'X' amount of appearances he's entitled to another year.

Seems like crossed wires, I didnt post the link to say "Theres already a thread for this" I posted it to remind people that I said this would happen a few days ago. My fault sorry.

Dont name the thread 'Transfer' then.

I think the club needs to hold its nerve here. There is no way i want to see Nolan who is already slow as fuck on big wages for another 4 seasons. 2015 he will not be in the starting 11 so anyone thinking they should be paying him in 2015 what he is earning now, doesnt have a clue imo.

Agree with this like although he is an important player for us at the moment and if we end up losing him and Barton on and end up having to play Gutherie and Ryan Taylor we're fucked!

I personally think its just an exaggeration from the press. Don't think either side are in a rush to sort out a new contract, as there is still 2 years left on it. Probably shelving it for now and see how the transfer window/season progresses

Yeah I tend to agree. There's no need to panic with Nolan having two years left. There's a distinct possibility that he will except a contract at the end of next season and if he doesn't play well the terms could be less lucrative from his perspective.

Just the media trying to heap the misery on us following the Enrique/Barton contract problems imo.