Change @ St. James

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember when he bleated on about being unable to take his family to the game because he feared for their safety? I hope the cunt's got plenty security booked…

Whilst I'm fucking seething , it's not a total surprise when you look at what's happened over recent months - the changing of the East Stand signs, the defacing of the outside of the Milburn & Gallowgate, the Gallowgate roof etc.

Just in case anyone had any doubt about his contempt for us, he's made it absolutely crystal clear now.

And Stevie, you're the only one on here who has hasn't softened their attitude to him? …Really? Pipe down man

In the land, where I was born

Lived me Da, who supported NUFC

and he told me of his life

Watchin the Toon at SJP

We support the Toon at St James's Park

St James' Park

St James' Park

We support the Toon at St James's Park

St James' Park

St James' Park

FUCK YOU

;)

Pipe down you. It was you who gave him the fucking idea. <_<

Mike Ashley count not give a blind fuck about you, your kids, your parents or friends and every bit of joy or sadness that has ever been felt for this club. He cares NOTHING about what this club is. It means NOTHING to him. Its an annoyance, an irritation. He will do ANYTHING for a few quid. Bit by bit he will destroy the club. You are not important. Your views mean nothing. The money you put into the club as a ratio of your income means nothing to him.

Very soon at what was a football club near you - "Welcome to the Sports Direct Arena - home of the Newcastle Lillywhites"

What a cunt of a man, an absolute fucking prick. He doesn't deserve to step into OUR stadium, let alone re-name the fucker.

FFFFUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuu

Worst thing is I just read the first 5 pages of this thread to see if I could see if someone had said it.... :bag_on_head:

I had a feeling this was coming in the last home game. New sign on the east stand, massive one on the gallowgate. I had an inkling but didn't actually think it would go through.

Here is the next part of my thinking, he has spent a fair couple of hundred thousands on all those signs in terms of getting them put it. Why do that as a benefit of being an example to a potential sponsor? Why not just show them a computer mock up?

Last part, if any cash is involved in terms of signing players, it won't be cash from Sports Direct it will be coming from the Andy Carroll fund and it will be short change from it.

If you really wanted to face Mike Ashley about this then buy a share of Sports direct and go to their next AGM which will be about August or September next year in Nottingham and you can slate him for it. Being a shareholder your entitled to an answer.

FFFFUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuu

Worst thing is I just read the first 5 pages of this thread to see if I could see if someone had said it.... :bag_on_head:

Only a matter of time before the second part of your prediction is fulfilled. ;)

Edited by ewerk

FFFFUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuu

Only a matter of time before the second part of your prediction is fulfilled. ;)

Im saying fuck all :lol:

Remember when he bleated on about being unable to take his family to the game because he feared for their safety? I hope the cunt's got plenty security booked…

Whilst I'm fucking seething , it's not a total surprise when you look at what's happened over recent months - the changing of the East Stand signs, the defacing of the outside of the Milburn & Gallowgate, the Gallowgate roof etc.

Just in case anyone had any doubt about his contempt for us, he's made it absolutely crystal clear now.

And Stevie, you're the only one on here who has hasn't softened their attitude to him? …Really? Pipe down man

You've all went (apart from PP, LM and me) "I can see where he's taking us here". Aye so can I, to a place he can make as much money as possible, while actually using us. As a business he's making us as an attractive a proposition for a buyer as possible, fine, but don't fuckin decimate and desecrate our heritage doing it.

The word you used "defacing" the two stands, is perfect, that's exactly what it is. It's like someone getting a tattoo of a cock on their cheek, that's how bad it looks.

You've all went (apart from PP, LM and me) "I can see where he's taking us here". Aye so can I, to a place he can make as much money as possible, while actually using us. As a business he's making us as an attractive a proposition for a buyer as possible, fine, but don't fuckin decimate and desecrate our heritage doing it.

The word you used "defacing" the two stands, is perfect, that's exactly what it is. It's like someone getting a tattoo of a cock on their cheek, that's how bad it looks.

You'll get a few people asking you to quote them on that. Me first.

Just read that times piece, it boils down to a choice between traditions and modernity. I love history, I read books about the history of histories but if it's got £10m a season in it then it's got to be considered as an option. History isn't about names either, it's about events and people and with a bit more cash we might get more success. It's not what I want or in anyway attractive but neither is the sport and how to succeed in it.

We have known that something like this was planned for ages now and the whole stadium ia awash with corporate advertising. It'd be a shame if what is essentially inevitable is whipped up by the press and bedsheet wavers to undermine the current momentum

and unity.

Stop being a mug Chez. You think potential stadium naming rights purchasers don't have the vision to imagine how it would work?

More bollocks being spun. Plain and simple. I guarantee this is the stadium name as long as ashley owns the club...without paying for it....John hall said himself it was the main reason he bought it.

Yeah you're probably right. I said if it leads to £10m coming in. I never thought the last time this came up it was an actual commercial deal so I assume the conviction that no money will come of this deal is based on posters like YNH's insistence that the branding has no direct or indirect financial benefit to the club? Are we now saying that SD will place their brand on out shirts for free? It seems too ridiculous for there not to be a plan to bring money in from it.

My point which went over your head was that it's a sign of the times if it is a financial deal. It's not pretty but thats modern football. If it's not then we will see SD on the shirts for free next season, which is too insane to even consider.

Just read that times piece, it boils down to a choice between traditions and modernity. I love history, I read books about the history of histories but if it's got £10m a season in it then it's got to be considered as an option. History isn't about names either, it's about events and people and with a bit more cash we might get more success. It's not what I want or in anyway attractive but neither is the sport and how to succeed in it.

We have known that something like this was planned for ages now and the whole stadium ia awash with corporate advertising. It'd be a shame if what is essentially inevitable is whipped up by the press and bedsheet wavers to undermine the current momentum

and unity.

Stop being a mug Chez. You think potential stadium naming rights purchasers don't have the vision to imagine how it would work?

More bollocks being spun. Plain and simple. I guarantee this is the stadium name as long as ashley owns the club...without paying for it....John hall said himself it was the main reason he bought it.

Yeah you're probably right. I said if it leads to £10m coming in. I never thought the last time this came up it was an actual commercial deal so I assume the conviction that no money will come of this deal is based on posters like YNH's insistence that the branding has no direct or indirect financial benefit to the club? Are we now saying that SD will place their brand on out shirts for free? It seems too ridiculous for there not to be a plan to bring money in from it.

My point which went over your head was that it's a sign of the times if it is a financial deal. It's not pretty but thats modern football. If it's not then we will see SD on the shirts for free next season, which is too insane to even consider.

Have you seen the state of the stadium? They aren't paying for ANY of that. What's the difference?

Have you seen the state of the stadium? They aren't paying for ANY of that. What's the difference?

In fairness they didn't displace any existing advertisers for most of their current SD branding so there was no opportunity cost. The same can't be said for the shirt sponsor.

You've all went (apart from PP, LM and me) "I can see where he's taking us here".

Fuck off you arrogant cock.

Shut up you daft IRA sympathising arsehole, I'd dig through your posts, but there's no longer the option to.

Asked if the name "St James' Park" would always remain amid an angry response from fans, Llambias said: "Absolutely. In our reign, absolutely.

Reminds me. I must update the compendium.

A quote like that would be so easy to put to him by a journo. Of course it never will.

Hold my hands up, never been a fan of Ashley, but I had started to hush up and think something may be happening for the good here. I admit I was wrong in this last month when I thought "Shit, maybe Ashley does want what's best for this club." This 3rd position atm is a nightmare in disguise

You've all went (apart from PP, LM and me) "I can see where he's taking us here".

Fuck off you arrogant cock.

Shut up you daft IRA sympathising arsehole, I'd dig through your posts, but there's no longer the option to.

You just can't help but continue to get it wrong tonight, can you?

In fairness they didn't displace any existing advertisers for most of their current SD branding so there was no opportunity cost. The same can't be said for the shirt sponsor.

Course they do. 50% of the electronic boards are SD for a start. Every board around the back of the east stand and Gallowgaye has been replaced too.

Aye Toontastic is full of footballing visionairies. Would people rather keep the name and never threaten the top of the premiership again? Just how important is it? if you were offered the choice between a cup in your lifetime or keeping the name, which one would you choose?