Sylvain Marveaux

Matty

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As with ferguson there is no point debating either player on here.

CT has pissed off enough people about both players that the automatic reaction is to downplay them. On the other hand CT is so desperate to be right he will big them up to ridiculous standards.

Marveaux had a fairly average game, did some good, went missing for a while but ultimately put in a class ball that led to us winning the game. No more, no less.

The poll above has a number of clear flaws, Campbell getting more votes than Elliot, Jonas being the 7th best Newcastle player etc..

Edited by Gejon

Seems like the Marveaux-Tom relationship is very similar to the Pardew-Aeris relationship.

I like him but he doesn't work, seldom produces and has a heart the size of a pea.

As with ferguson there is no point debating either player on here.

CT has pissed off enough people about both players that the automatic reaction is to downplay them. On the other hand CT is so desperate to be right he will big them up to ridiculous standards.

Marveaux had a fairly average game, did some good, went missing for a while but ultimately put in a class ball that led to us winning the game. No more, no less.

The poll above has a number of clear flaws, Campbell getting more votes than Elliot, Jonas being the 7th best Newcastle player etc..

Rubbish man :lol:

When the players votes are in their 20's then there will be all sorts of flaws such as which poster Tom has on his wall will steer his vote. When you go from the goal scorer at 70 to the guy who got the assist at 620 then we are smoothing out bumps in the poll.

Or read any of the rags or the Mag etc etc....

Laughable :lol:

I like him but he doesn't work, seldom produces and has a heart the size of a pea.

Can you believe Marveaux was actually considered a competent left back back in the days?

Edited by Aeris

Rubbish man :lol:

When the players votes are in their 20's then there will be all sorts of flaws such as which poster Tom has on his wall will steer his vote. When you go from the goal scorer at 70 to the guy who got the assist at 620 then we are smoothing out bumps in the poll.

Or read any of the rags or the Mag etc etc....

Laughable :lol:

Well Jonas clearly had a better game than Marveaux, however Marveaux had the won moment that one us the game. For me Jonas would have been 2nd but it depends how you look at Man of the Match though.

Edited by Gejon

Yet more assists than ANYONE ELSE :lol:

It is still about winning?

I think that says more about the squad than Marveaux.

He's also played more games to get those assists.

if a player is shite & gets an assist is that a good performance? No.

Well Jonas clearly had a better game than Marveaux, however Marveaux had the won moment that one us the game. For me Jonas would have been 2nd but it depends how you look at Man of the Match though.

The point is this.

To go from 70 to 620 CLEARLY says a lot of people think Marveaux had a good game. Its that simple.

Are you on the sauce already CT? I've no idea what you're trying to say here :lol:

Can you believe Marveaux was actually considered a competent left back back in the days?

So was Andy Carroll.

and Gareth Bale...

SANTON UP FRONT.

The point is this.

To go from 70 to 620 CLEARLY says a lot of people think Marveaux had a good game. Its that simple.

I reckon that'd be smoothing out bumps in the poll. Or something.

Are you on the sauce already CT? I've no idea what you're trying to say here :lol:

What a cunt the man is.

Which poster I have on my wall. :lol:

Coming from him wanking over average players like Marveaux/Ferguson.

The point is this.

Marveaux has just under 600 more votes than Jonas but in terms of their contributions over the game Jonas was clearly better, this is based on what I saw and not what some numbers on a blog say though :unsure2:

What a cunt the man is.

Which poster I have on my wall. :lol:

Coming from him wanking over average players like Marveaux/Ferguson.

You're not meant to take it literally, man :lol: It's poetry....

Marveaux has just under 600 more votes than Jonas but in terms of their contributions over the game Jonas was clearly better, this is based on what I saw and not what some numbers on a blog say though :unsure2:

wtf is Nufc Blog anyway? Isn't that the bloke that just reposts articles from the press, adding "what do YOU think?" at the end?

600 votes from 11 year olds in Singapore. Errr probably, according to Leazesmag....

Even Supermac knows the score ;)

IT has been a hit and miss time for Sylvain Marveaux since he arrived at Newcastle United.

However, I honestly believe that, having rid himself of his injury worries, he has now made a case to Alan Pardew to be in United’s starting XI.

Maybe Papiss Cisse has grabbed all the headlines for his two match-winning goals late, late on at St James’ Park this week – but remember who fashioned the bullets.

It was a magnificent ball from Marveaux which found its way through a forest of legs to Cisse a minute into injury time against Stoke.

Then it was a peach of a cross which was inviting any striker worth his salt to head home three minutes into added time to defeat Anzhi.

As a one-time centre-forward I can really appreciate how Marveaux worked his space, pulling the ball on to his other foot to look up and send in a centre of pin-point accuracy.

Of course, Cisse converted it brilliantly but he is a goalscorer. That is what he does.

I like Marveaux very much. He has a footballing brain, vision and an excellent touch. He can play out wide or centre midfield which he is supposed to favour.

Well, I would play him ahead of both Cheick Tiote and Vurnon Anita at centre and before Jonas Gutierrez wide. That is how much I think of him.