Fraser Forster or The Scottish Football Thread.

mls1-CelticFC

Just to touch upon an earlier point:

Celtic were established as a club "open to all" and not a "Catholic club" as some uneducated bunch describe it.

Also, the clubs greatest achievers and servants have been in fact, staunch Protestants from Rangers-loving upbringings.

I couldn't tell you the religions of the greatest achievers of my club. And that, sir, is the difference.

Anyway, what were we talking about before it got all nicey nicey...........

Oh aye - Newcastle are shite.

We are shite, and Celtic don't have one player that we'd even look at. That's actual fact I think. We've just signed the France centre forward, and France right back mate.

Is that not just more to do with the differences in watching a game live and seeing it on tv? Watching live inflates the quality, watching on tv deflates it.

I used to live with a Rangers fan and he would bang on (much as these cunts are) about the quality of the Scottish leagues and how there are good players to be found in there and so on and so forth. So I sat and watched some games with him and they were, on the whole, fucking terrible. Even he admitted they were shit.

You look for positives, especially when the rest of your life is grey miasma

;)

I think the backdrop to the game does make a difference. A shit game between Stoke and say Spurs is still shit, but there's a packed ground and atmosphere to negate that slightly. A game of equivalent quality between Kilmarnock and Dundee makes you want to tear your eyes out.

And I think I try not to be too myopic. I've seen games at Pittodrie that have made me consider suicide, especially midweek ones in January, but there is quality as well.

Edited by toon_don

No you wouldn't.

You lot are on at us for talking about different leagues - yet all we hear is how much your shit squad would walk the SPL.

How about try and actually achieve something worthwhile in England first.....like avoiding relegation?

Name one of our first 11 that wouldn't walk into your side, now given you are going to win the league how can you argue we wouldn't piss it?

We are shite, and Celtic don't have one player that we'd even look at. That's actual fact I think. We've just signed the France centre forward, and France right back mate.

I dunno, Wanyama is all right, but yeah I don't think I'd have anyone else. Samaras is their joint highest goal scorer this season, for fucks sake, Georgios Samaras

No you wouldn't.

You lot are on at us for talking about different leagues - yet all we hear is how much your shit squad would walk the SPL.

How about try and actually achieve something worthwhile in England first.....like avoiding relegation?

Celtic would be bottom of this league if they were in it. They'd probably make mid table in the Championship mind.

Huddersfield under Lee Clark - would've won the SPL and they were in league 1.

I dunno, Wanyama is all right, but yeah I don't think I'd have anyone else. Samaras is their joint highest goal scorer this season, for fucks sake, Georgios Samaras

Aye when I've seen Wanyama he looks like he could develop in to a Vieira type. I'd like to see him at a proper level though. People seem to rate the lad Hooper as well, but I'm pleased we're signing people like Debuchy and Remy, with genuine proven class, many rungs up the ladder from the likes of Hooper and Mulgrew. Debuchy imo was the best RB at Euro 2012.

What arrogance?

My club are achieving the aims which were our assigned objectives at the start of the season - in fact, surpassing those.

What were Newcastle's expectations?

Your objectives are the equivalent of getting dressed in the morning.

What arrogance?

My club are achieving the aims which were our assigned objectives at the start of the season - in fact, surpassing those.

What were Newcastle's expectations?

I expected us to finish between 8th & 12th with a decent Europa league run.

I still expect that - if the transfer window is decent - we've brought in French International - Mattieu Debuchy - and we're looking to complete the signing of another French international next week.

I meant joint 2nd, I think I was just staggered that he's still playing football. I got a little excited.

Fair enough, he did score against Germany in the summer though, just for some perspective

Aye when I've seen Wanyama he looks like he could develop in to a Vieira type. I'd like to see him at a proper level though. People seem to rate the lad Hooper as well, but I'm pleased we're signing people like Debuchy and Remy, with genuine proven class, many rungs up the ladder from the likes of Hooper and Mulgrew. Debuchy imo was the best RB at Euro 2012.

Hooper is a Premier League player imo, although he'd be our 2nd choice striker and we wouldn't spend the money it would take to get him for a back-up. Not convinced by Mulgrew though, I'm not sure how well he'd do in a team that didn't regularly dominate possession.

At other clubs, Griffiths at Hibs, MacKay-Steven at Dundee United and Fraser at Aberdeen all have the potential to play at the highest level I think. I'd be all for taking a chance on Griffiths if he wasn't the Scottish Nile Ranger.

Absolutely. When you look at our 1st choice 11 we've arguably 4 of France's first team.

Scored vs Rennes, Newcastle fans of all people should appreciate the quality of French teams

I remember him as being part of a very poor Sunderland team.

Can't remember which one?