Fraser Forster or The Scottish Football Thread.

mls1-CelticFC

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Richard Tait is Motherwell's left back and his old man Titch is from the next village to where I was brought up, very decent village team  player in his day. Titch is divorced now, Riichards mother came home once too often to find the old man dissecting owl shite on the kitchen table having earlier boiled it up in one of her good saucepans  :lol: 

Anyway, a good way of measuring the standard of the spl is to look at Taits former clubs, Ashton Curzon, Tamworth, Cambridge, Grimsby. Not one first team game above the top of the conference/divi 5/vanarama but slots in nicely as a journeyman full back in the SPL. 

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

It's a constant whine now, their fans actually think they'd be top 6.

4 years outside of the Champions League, nowhere near trophies and they'd be relegated imo

On 19/10/2017 at 6:22 PM, Howmanheyman said:

Check out @PeteDobosz’s Tweet:

:lol:

Not even fucking subtle now with BT/SKY and their 'super brands' and it isn't just Scottish football that gets it.

:D

• 6 months later...

If you want to know how bad Scottish football is check out Curtis Main. He is my son's favourite Motherwell player (my boy has a season ticket at fir park), he was signed from League 1 Portsmouth where he couldn't get a game and is now SPL Motherwell's main striker with a record of nearly one goal every two games (just shy 8 in 18). And that's for a team in 7th place.

12 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Stevie G taking over the reins at Rangers?   :lol: 

I doubt.he will go there.its a massive bananna skin for.him, last thing.he wants to is to slip-up.. again.

Some Rangers supporters interupted the squad's Player of the Year awards at a hotel in Glasgow City Centre, with one of them throwing a flashbang grenade at the players seated.   :lol: 

• 3 weeks later...

So Motherwell vs Celtic on Saturday for the Scottish cup. My boy (7 years old) is a Motherwell fan bless him so we have tickets and I am psychologically trying to prepare him for an absolute mullering. As has been pointed out you can see how good Scottish football is by checking out the previous clubs of some of our players, Ryan Bowman used to play for Gateshead ffs. However The Well have Bigi in our team and I have a soft spot for him because I remember him as being better than halfway decent for us.