Glastonbury

LoveTheBobby

me issue with u2/beeb was following the publicised proposed anti tax protest, they edited/croped footage so was mainly camera right up Bongo's schnoz ?! couldnt see crowd i.e. whatever possible visual protest or whatever and then when interviewed afterwards i was genuinely embarassed at how it unfolded .

as said previously ive seen them on their Vertigo tour and was an impressive and enjoyable experience but last night was rank all round imo . weather and setlist didnt help like ? shouldve just bit the bullet and done a greatest hits i rekon. get on ya boots indeed gentlemen .

anyone know if Gryff Rhys or Coral getting covered anywhere btw ?

The first time since Live Aid that they've not played in front of their own fans. Thought they were alright imo, like.

They had to get a Glasto in, before they call it a day. Dirty Harry was on at 10pm for those that didn't have to watch them :lol:

Caught a bit of U2. Basically Bono can't sing any more and they were just going through the motions. Apparently they've earned about 140m Euros in the last year as well. JWTBH.

Save yourself the bother of listening to Muse - just put a Queen album on instead.

I highly doubt you can substantiate that claim. Fair enough there was some blatant plagiarism in the way one or two tracks were wrote & mixed on The Resistance but beyond that your point holds no water.

Can you make any 'fair' comparisons between a Queen album and say...Showbiz,Origin of Symmetry, Absolution & Black Holes & Revelations?

I'm just interested as a fan of music and a musician how you can bypass the thoughts of the music press & public to spout out such unmitigated rubbish.

Biiiiiiiite

Caught a bit of U2. Basically Bono can't sing any more and they were just going through the motions. Apparently they've earned about 140m Euros in the last year as well. JWTBH.

aye but (being the eternal martyrs they are) apparently it cost them 1.2mill in earnings/kit shifting costs doing Glasty .

Bongo for Pope !

me issue with u2/beeb was following the publicised proposed anti tax protest, they edited/croped footage so was mainly camera right up Bongo's schnoz ?! couldnt see crowd i.e. whatever possible visual protest or whatever and then when interviewed afterwards i was genuinely embarassed at how it unfolded .

as said previously ive seen them on their Vertigo tour and was an impressive and enjoyable experience but last night was rank all round imo . weather and setlist didnt help like ? shouldve just bit the bullet and done a greatest hits i rekon. get on ya boots indeed gentlemen .

There was one inflatable which resulted in a scuffle which was dealt with be security.

The setlist was a little strange but I don't see how you couldn't call it a hits set but overall I thought they were a bit lacklustre and that's obviously from a fan - the encore version of With or Without You was shocking.

Maybe they are getting old - I think they all turn 50 this year and not everyone is a Rolling Stone.

Save yourself the bother of listening to Muse - just put a Queen album on instead.

I highly doubt you can substantiate that claim. Fair enough there was some blatant plagiarism in the way one or two tracks were wrote & mixed on The Resistance but beyond that your point holds no water.

Can you make any 'fair' comparisons between a Queen album and say...Showbiz,Origin of Symmetry, Absolution & Black Holes & Revelations?

I'm just interested as a fan of music and a musician how you can bypass the thoughts of the music press & public to spout out such unmitigated rubbish.

Biiiiiiiite

It's just a Viz Top Tip isn't it?

Biiiiiiiite

I think its more of a notion of the bombast/high dramatics that generate comparison with Queen than the actual music.

Just watching the U2's getting inerviewed after their set. Bono harping on about lay lines and altitude of the site. What a dull Robin Williams resembling bastard he is.

There isn't much denial in the world that he can be a dippy hippy shit at times - as well as a sanctimonious cock.

Thing is for me the music always more than made up for that - if they have faded and can't recapture it I hope he has the sense to "retire" from annoying people as well as I'd like them to be known/remembered for the right reasons (imo of course).

Just watching the U2's getting inerviewed after their set. Bono harping on about lay lines and altitude of the site. What a dull Robin Williams resembling bastard he is.

uncomfortable stuff isnt it ! even his mates are sitting in a way to distance themselves from his spoutings. the look on zane lowes face at times too haha

Biiiiiiiite

It's just a Viz Top Tip isn't it?

Damn you the Viz! :lol:

I'm looking forward to seeing everybody there, especially my brother and my friends, drown in a flood of mud, shit and overpriced cider. Not that I'm jealous or anything.

I'm going to sound like a miserable bastard, I probably am in all honesty but I couldn't think of anywhere I'd less like to be now than stood oot in the pissin' rain watching U2 with loads of hippys and 'cool dudes' jumping about in a confined space.

Then when the beautiful concert has finished you get to trek through 4 foot of shite and try to sleep in a drug induced haze in a 2 man tent with 5 randoms in.

No thanks, I'll just watch parts then fuck off to my waam bed and get on the nest.

Never been one for festivals etc, kind of wish I was 'cos it's probably amazing just not for the likes of me.

Thats very much like me. I almost feel like I'm missing out but the reality was, at a time in your life when all this gets into your bloodstream I was 100% NUFC obsessed, not so much the team but the match going, the singing, the surges down the terraces, the banter, the atmosphere, going away to different cities and exploring and getting up to daft things kids do then going back to school on a monday feeling smug as fuck and thinking the rest of the kids hadn't a fucking clue. Going to a concert would've been pretty much a 2nd best experience back then and also the fact was that music wouldn't have moved me as much, and if it did that doesn't mean I'd want to go to a concert. That and the fact that the charts were full of Stock, Aitken and Waterman didn't probably help, like. Funny enough I caught a bit of the U2 bit last night by accident and I thought it was canny shite to be honest, and I liked some of their older stuff as well. Ah well, I am what I am etc, etc.

I'm looking forward to seeing everybody there, especially my brother and my friends, drown in a flood of mud, shit and overpriced cider. Not that I'm jealous or anything.

I'm going to sound like a miserable bastard, I probably am in all honesty but I couldn't think of anywhere I'd less like to be now than stood oot in the pissin' rain watching U2 with loads of hippys and 'cool dudes' jumping about in a confined space.

Then when the beautiful concert has finished you get to trek through 4 foot of shite and try to sleep in a drug induced haze in a 2 man tent with 5 randoms in.

No thanks, I'll just watch parts then fuck off to my waam bed and get on the nest.

Never been one for festivals etc, kind of wish I was 'cos it's probably amazing just not for the likes of me.

Thats very much like me. I almost feel like I'm missing out but the reality was, at a time in your life when all this gets into your bloodstream I was 100% NUFC obsessed, not so much the team but the match going, the singing, the surges down the terraces, the banter, the atmosphere, going away to different cities and exploring and getting up to daft things kids do then going back to school on a monday feeling smug as fuck and thinking the rest of the kids hadn't a fucking clue. Going to a concert would've been pretty much a 2nd best experience back then and also the fact was that music wouldn't have moved me as much, and if it did that doesn't mean I'd want to go to a concert. That and the fact that the charts were full of Stock, Aitken and Waterman didn't probably help, like. Funny enough I caught a bit of the U2 bit last night by accident and I thought it was canny shite to be honest, and I liked some of their older stuff as well. Ah well, I am what I am etc, etc.

Surreptitious Geordie one-upmanship there mind. That was some ninja shit. ;)

The 3-way Geordie-Off continues!

Surreptitious Geordie one-upmanship there mind. That was some ninja shit. ;)

The 3-way Geordie-Off continues!

:lol:

It is true, though. <_<

I could've written that mesel mate, av only been to two gigs in me life one an Oasis gig at the toon, which Liam showed himsel up by wearin a toon top and the other didn't enjoy it and al a could think of is there's a pub within 5 minutes waak with Derby v The Toon on in the League Cup. Si

Her material is naff though chez: cliched, easy-listening pop. I know a girl who was a fan of her before she got a major deal and the material hasn't changed since then, she just has the money of a major label behind her promotion now.

I do love good pop though, the band aren't bad either. Wasnt aware of her.

I love U2 but why ppl sit roond a telly watchin them play live baffles me. I love their music, but noo just chuck it ur old and shit. Bono is an egotistical look at me mug too.