Words/phrases you don't like

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who say basically at the start of every sentence.

Knew a lass from just outside of Huddersfield (bless her) that spoke in a broad local dialect who preceeded the 'basically' of every sentence with a '. . Well'

Facially, she half closed her eyes as she would say it .

An awful pairing of atributes that would shut my brain down as soon as she'd take breath .

So many football clichés wind me up.

Everything from the classics "came for a result" to the lesser known "and he picked himself up to score from the spot"

There just doesn't seem to be much in the way of creative wordsmith-ery

Edited by The Fish

Everything from the classics "came for a result" to the lesser known "and he picked himself up to score from the spot"

Jonathan Pearce seemed to buck the trend when he came on Channel 5 years ago, but he had reverted to the boring Peter Drury book of how to be a commentator since he joined the BBC.

Jonathan Pearce seemed to buck the trend when he came on Channel 5 years ago, but he had reverted to the boring Peter Drury book of how to be a commentator since he joined the BBC.

I remember some pre-season tournament on C5 he was doing and he was going mental, giving it the full 'robot wars' treatment. Class :icon_lol: Used to like Peter Brackley. Not sure if he's still on telly.

I was watching the Spain-South Korea U20s match on Eurosport late last night, and for all I reckon they do a decent enough job given the budget they're on, I lost count of how many of the pens in the shootout were greeted with a response of "Buried it!". I mean I realise there's only so much you can say about a pelinty, but still...

Students whenever they open their mouths.

"Yeh, its like, so crappy like"

FUCK OFF!

One for J2J

"like lets go for some pre drink yeh?"

FUCK OFF!

"Sick, yeh man, thats sick"

FUCK OFF

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I remember some pre-season tournament on C5 he was doing and he was going mental, giving it the full 'robot wars' treatment. Class <_< Used to like Peter Brackley. Not sure if he's still on telly.

TV has made JP a watered down version of his former self. On radio he didn't give a f*ck.

Remember watching the Euro 96 Semi Final in the bar of our student union with the volume down and his commentary from Captial Radio coming over the stereo:

"Kuntz scores for Germany... and never was a player more aptly named."

"My bad" fucks me off. "Oh my bad." Your bad what? Your bad cock? Your bad back? Your bad knee? What?

Also sure I've mentioned before. When people write period at the end of a sentence, I think nothing in language annoys me more, period.

I remember some pre-season tournament on C5 he was doing and he was going mental, giving it the full 'robot wars' treatment. Class <_< Used to like Peter Brackley. Not sure if he's still on telly.

TV has made JP a watered down version of his former self. On radio he didn't give a f*ck.

Remember watching the Euro 96 Semi Final in the bar of our student union with the volume down and his commentary from Captial Radio coming over the stereo:

:lol:

:lol:

Snippets of how he used to commentate...

people quoting others with ""`s

Pssst <_< Don't criticise, that's correct in English. However, lobbing an apostrophe in there when you're meaning to infer the term is plural rather than conferring ownership... That's just appalling.

One word that fucks me off is Nando's! Nandos Nandos Nandos fucking Nandos. Most footballers on twitter have a vocabulary of about 75 words, Nandos is one of them, not even that nice imo.

<_< Ive heard the curry chicken is top notch!

Ye not ganna get a chicken curry in Nando's ya daft cunt.

Edited by McFaul