The Great British riots

Gene_Clark

Papers saying the kick off to the premiership might be delayed. Oh dear.

BTW those three muslim youths that died in birmingham last night, were apparently part of the group fending off some black youths rioting and looting shops from their community. If this turns out to be true, its going to blow up big style.

Not on any news channel

My mate who graduated with me has started work at the hospital in brum, where the three lads were admitted. He confirmed theyre dead with text. Media apparently been advised not to let this amplify. You'll hear it soon, dont worry.

http://www.1stethical.com/2011/08/10/3-mus...-in-manchester/

Dunno any details about that bloke who was shot in Croydon or the factors behind that, but when people start dying as a result of whats happening, these have to go down as the most pathetic riots in British history. Absolute disgrace to the country and really anyone getting involved wants to be getting maximum sentences-and for the offence of riot that's still massive jail time, so I hope we start seeing that in the aftermath.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that Darcus Howe talking shite by any chance? His uncle was a canny writer like.

Nah, Marcus Dowe apparently. :icon_lol: @ 0:19

Just seems a bit senile now like tbf-his jaw was going in that overactive gummy way and he looked like he was in his dressing gown.

:lol:

BTW those three muslim youths that died in birmingham last night, were apparently part of the group fending off some black youths rioting and looting shops from their community. If this turns out to be true, its going to blow up big style.

Not on any news channel

My mate who graduated with me has started work at the hospital in brum, where the three lads were admitted. He confirmed theyre dead with text. Media apparently been advised not to let this amplify. You'll hear it soon, dont worry.

http://www.1stethical.com/2011/08/10/3-mus...-in-manchester/

Dunno any details about that bloke who was shot in Croydon or the factors behind that, but when people start dying as a result of whats happening, these have to go down as the most pathetic riots in British history. Absolute disgrace to the country and really anyone getting involved wants to be getting maximum sentences-and for the offence of riot that's still massive jail time, so I hope we start seeing that in the aftermath.

You're absolutely spot on there like.

Not on any news channel

It is like. I watched a full bbc report on it this morning

Not on any news channel

I think he means cwarr07 hasn't reported it.

It's about time that right-minded individuals took the streets back from these low-life scum. Stand up and be counted. Organise a call for blokes 30 - 60 and surely enough would come to the fore to stand up to these hoodlums. These twats are frightened of one thing only - physical violence. It's about time we gave it to them.

Oh dear.

Could be muslims v blacks, for once I'd be on the muslim side given it's 80% blacks causing these problems.

Agreed,but come to think of it now, its very unlikely. This is the muslim holy month, where they are fasting, praying etc, - They majority wont fight, and even if they do, they'll be too low on glucose and energy to have any impact. :icon_lol:

Was reading an article last night by Mark Adomanis about the international reaction to 'secular' riots as compared with the 'muslim' riots in Paris a few years back....

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_gr...iots/index.html

Would be most unfortunate if it spirals into a religious thing.

It wont, why would it? Muslims riot when they feel their beliefs/religion has been attacked

. Whether that be injustice in the middle east, the banning of the burkah, or any other such thing. These riots are just about mindless thugs looting and causing trouble; there is no real cause or reasoning behind it. It will never turn into a religious thing.

As Barton rightly put, there's too many cunts who thinks this world owes them a living, you achieve fuck all without hard work, and there's a lot of these people who are inherently lazy going back centuries, and lots of their kids will be lazy, and their kids kids.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT FUCK OFF!

My mam's 58 year old. She's worked most of her life, paid her taxes and brought up 2 tax paying lads, and now she's disabled. The government were contributing to her mortgage so that she wasn't foreclosed on. This week she got a letter from Halifax telling her she had 30 days to settle up a load of arrears that had accrued from non-payment or she'd be up in court.

It turns out that 3 months ago the government decided to halve the payments they'd make on her mortgage. When she asked why she hadn't been informed, she was told letters aren't sent as it's an expense they're cutting to make savings, but that she should watch the news and know there are cuts.

I don't like that, I'm fucking angry about it, but I'm not really in a position to fuck off. I'm a halfway decent human being with a modicum of intelligence so I don't go setting fire to other properties when I'm this angry. Other more stupid, more desperate people do though.

As long as Joey fucking Barton can knock back £50k a week contract offers and tell the working poor where they're going wrong in life though.

Jesus sodding wept!

Not on any news channel

As part of the report, they interviewed a young muslim lad who was saying that the bloke mounted the kerb to plough into a group of them. Two died fairly soon after that, and the injured lad died later in hospital. Pretty awful.

It wont, why would it? Muslims riot when they feel their beliefs/religion has been attacked

. Whether that be injustice in the middle east, the banning of the burkah, or any other such thing. These riots are just about mindless thugs looting and causing trouble; there is no real cause or reasoning behind it. It will never turn into a religious thing.

Because there'll be angry muslims. Not known for restraint.

As Barton rightly put, there's too many cunts who thinks this world owes them a living, you achieve fuck all without hard work, and there's a lot of these people who are inherently lazy going back centuries, and lots of their kids will be lazy, and their kids kids.

My mam's 58 year old. She's worked most of her life, paid her taxes and brought up 2 tax paying lads, and now she's disabled. The government were contributing to her mortgage so that she wasn't foreclosed on. This week she got a letter from Halifax telling her she had 30 days to settle up a load of arrears that had accrued from non-payment or she'd be up in court.

It turns out that 3 months ago the government decided to halve the payments they'd make on her mortgage. When she asked why she hadn't been informed, she was told letters aren't sent as it's an expense they're cutting to make savings, but that she should watch the news and know there are cuts.

I don't like that, I'm fucking angry about it, but I'm not really in a position to fuck off. I'm a halfway decent human being with a modicum of intelligence so I don't go setting fire to other properties when I'm this angry. Other more stupid, more desperate people do though.

As long as Joey fucking Barton can knock back £50k a week contract offers and tell the working poor where they're going wrong in life though.

Jesus sodding wept!

That's obviously a disgrace but it's an insult to your mam and anyone else 'normal' to compare her situation to the rioters imo. They're on the fucking rob because they're selfish arseholes.

Was reading an article last night by Mark Adomanis about the international reaction to 'secular' riots as compared with the 'muslim' riots in Paris a few years back....

Would be most unfortunate if it spirals into a religious thing.

Because there'll be angry muslims. Not known for restraint.

They'll be angry , yes, but not for religious reasons -thats my point.

Jesus sodding wept!

That's obviously a disgrace but it's an insult to your mam and anyone else 'normal' to compare her situation to the rioters imo. They're on the fucking rob because they're selfish arseholes.

I'm comparing me to them rather than my mam.

Of course they're arseholes...but you didn't have riots like this since......the last tory government was it?

You can look at the reasons for unacceptable behaviour without condoning the behaviour itself. The inherent laziness of the black gene isn't just offensive, but it let's the government off scott free for the actual social/political reasons.

The best point I've seen made about this whole thing is, see in Syria or Egypt or Palestine, they fucking riot because they have a cause, a political/religious cause they believe in. Here, the cause is they want to rob fucking Lidl's and Curry's, and that's it! That is it.

In the middle east the youth rise up for basic freedom. In London they rise up for free 42" HD ready plasma tvs.

HF, you don't really believe that what's going on is anything but robbing twats cashing in, do you?

Sorry to hear that about your mam btw. It's a fucking disgrace.

Of course it's about more than that.

Just because they ARE robbing twats cashing in, doesn't mean that there's not a link between poverty and youth anger/criminality.

Edited by Happy Face

Making it out to be party political and putting it on the Tories is as bad as CT blaming Blair's 'Benefit Britain' tbh. I seriously doubt things have suddenly gone to shit for the people involved in the last 15 months or so.

Jesus sodding wept!

The rioters and looters this time aren't a repressed working class though. They're a lazy, opportunist, scumbag and greedy underclass that feel entitled to a free lunch even though they've never worked a day in their lives. The type you see more and more of in London that don't give a shit about society, you know - the sort that think it's perfectly socially acceptable to play music their mobile phones on a crowded commuter train.

I've no sympathy for them whatsoever.

Did anyone see that girl in the brum riots being asked why it was kicking off. It's because you lot don't respect us, she said. It's that kind of cretin that makes up the majority of the looters.

You can look at the reasons for unacceptable behaviour without condoning the behaviour itself. The inherent laziness of the black gene isn't just offensive, but it let's the government off scott free for the actual social/political reasons.

I worry this will get overlooked as the general public get more and more fed up with the riots. I'm all for harsh, short term solutions so long as we can get round to addressing why the 'yoof' have decided to go feral on us all of a sudden.

Making it out to be party political and putting it on the Tories is as bad as CT blaming Blair's 'Benefit Britain' tbh. I seriously doubt things have suddenly gone to shit for the people involved in the last 15 months or so.

Maybe I'm linking how things have gone to shit for people I know over the last 15 months and I shouldn't.

Seems odd to me though, the amount of posts that warned CT how much anger there'd be about the cuts, the anger we've see in union protests, student protests, anti-capitalism protests etc.

These rioters are too thick to even understand why they and their families are worse off, but they're just as pissed off as all the protesters above...their ignorance is what makes them much more dangerous.