The Great British riots

Gene_Clark

Might as well post this here as well. My thoughts I put on G+

Just a few points.

Dear Rioty (not actually a word, but you wont know that) People.

1. The current government are conservative. You probably wouldn't know this because its likely you didn't vote. It's quite easy as you just put a little X next to a name. Maybe try it next time and then you can complain if your choice didn't get in.

2. You state you are showing the rich you can do what you want? Sole traders on the high street are not rich. Like many in todays climate many are scratching to make a living while you likely over claim on the benefits system. Large retailers on the high street are also struggling and many have closed down all together (remember Woolworths? Borders Books? actually, you wont remember that last one...) or have closed a number of stores.

3. You claim lack of opportunities. Well done, absolutely well done. By destroying local business the number of opportunities has just decreased further.

4. Dont say this is about race. Dont say this is just blacks or whatever. This is about one section of society of all colours. It's about respect and lack of it. Lack of self respect, lack of respect for others. Lack of pride in where you are from. Lack of any moral fiber and more than anything, lack of intelligence.

5. Dont talk about being hard done to. I was brought up in a rough area. We played in our garden and no further, struggled to make ends meet. Did I carry on like this? No. I got my head down and tried to make something of myself. See point 4.

6. I've seen an injured man have his backpack robbed. I've heard a woman who's house was broken in to. I've heard business that have been around for 100 years go up in smoke. I've seen cars burned, bus burned, houses, shops all burned. You do not have the intellect to select your target, it is random and it is senseless. You have no argument for doing this. Nothing. You are the lowest of the low, you are scum.

7. Lastly, though many of you wont know this, it all started as a demonstration against a man who was shot and killed by police. In my opinion it was fair for these people to demonstrate peacefully. However, I do not understand the point that the police need to wait to be shot at first? If a man is armed I want the police to stop that man causing harm to anyone. Police or civilian. They need to act before that person does. I do think a shoot to kill policy needs to be looked at and perhaps another method could be used to disable the person. However, here is a tip from me. Don't get in to that situation to begin with. If you carry a gun or a knife or if you even walk around with the intent of causing harm, then you line yourself up to be harmed. There is a saying, Live by the sword, die by the sword. How true it is.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's got a lot to do with race, I've asked for reasons why 80% of the people involved in London come from 20% of the London population. The best answer I've had so far is "I don't know".

APart from the obvious correlation between poverty in the black areas like Hackney.

Fuck all to do with race. Sure more are Black in the London problems, but thats as it a high concentration of Blacks in the area. Wasnt the case in Manchester was it?

Also good to see the Seikh community and those in Milwall stand up to these fuckers on their own streets.

Just a few points.

1. The current government are conservative. You probably wouldn't know this because its likely you didn't vote. It's quite easy as you just put a little X next to a name. Maybe try it next time and then you can complain if your choice didn't get in.

2. You state you are showing the rich you can do what you want? Sole traders on the high street are not rich. Like many in todays climate many are scratching to make a living while you likely over claim on the benefits system. Large retailers on the high street are also struggling and many have closed down all together (remember Woolworths? Borders Books? actually, you wont remember that last one...) or have closed a number of stores.

3. You claim lack of opportunities. Well done, absolutely well done. By destroying local business the number of opportunities has just decreased further.

4. Dont say this is about race. Dont say this is just blacks or whatever. This is about one section of society of all colours. It's about respect and lack of it. Lack of self respect, lack of respect for others. Lack of pride in where you are from. Lack of any moral fiber and more than anything, lack of intelligence.

5. Dont talk about being hard done to. I was brought up in a rough area. We played in our garden and no further, struggled to make ends meet. Did I carry on like this? No. I got my head down and tried to make something of myself. See point 4.

6. I've seen an injured man have his backpack robbed. I've heard a woman who's house was broken in to. I've heard business that have been around for 100 years go up in smoke. I've seen cars burned, bus burned, houses, shops all burned. You do not have the intellect to select your target, it is random and it is senseless. You have no argument for doing this. Nothing. You are the lowest of the low, you are scum.

7. Lastly, though many of you wont know this, it all started as a demonstration against a man who was shot and killed by police. In my opinion it was fair for these people to demonstrate peacefully. However, I do not understand the point that the police need to wait to be shot at first? If a man is armed I want the police to stop that man causing harm to anyone. Police or civilian. They need to act before that person does. I do think a shoot to kill policy needs to be looked at and perhaps another method could be used to disable the person. However, here is a tip from me. Don't get in to that situation to begin with. If you carry a gun or a knife or if you even walk around with the intent of causing harm, then you line yourself up to be harmed. There is a saying, Live by the sword, die by the sword. How true it is.

Doubt any of them will read it, they're semi-literate sub-human scum.

Edited by Happy Face

Just a few points.

Doubt any of them will read it, they're sub-human scum.

Kinda figured more of them now have iPhones etc :icon_lol:

Stevie, honestly, would this country be in a better position if we deported all the blacks?

Shut up you dickhead.

It's a genuine question. You're sterotyping them as lazy cunts who contribute fuck all to society.

So, a yes or no.

I said not all blacks are like this but in South London you need to spend time there to experience what it's like. Of course not all blacks are bad people the same as not all white people are. I've asked a question regarding the ethnicity of these rioters, can you answer it, ignore it, or continue to deliberately misconstrue it?

Well it's got a lot to do with race, I've asked for reasons why 80% of the people involved in London come from 20% of the London population. The best answer I've had so far is "I don't know".

APart from the obvious correlation between poverty in the black areas like Hackney.

How people who live in Scotswood work in Scotswood?

As Barton rightly put, there's too many cunts who thinks this world owes them a living, you achieve fuck all without hard work, and there's a lot of these people who are inherently lazy going back centuries, and lots of their kids will be lazy, and their kids kids.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT FUCK OFF!

My mam's 58 year old. She's worked most of her life, paid her taxes and brought up 2 tax paying lads, and now she's disabled. The government were contributing to her mortgage so that she wasn't foreclosed on. This week she got a letter from Halifax telling her she had 30 days to settle up a load of arrears that had accrued from non-payment or she'd be up in court.

It turns out that 3 months ago the government decided to halve the payments they'd make on her mortgage. When she asked why she hadn't been informed, she was told letters aren't sent as it's an expense they're cutting to make savings, but that she should watch the news and know there are cuts.

I don't like that, I'm fucking angry about it, but I'm not really in a position to fuck off. I'm a halfway decent human being with a modicum of intelligence so I don't go setting fire to other properties when I'm this angry. Other more stupid, more desperate people do though.

As long as Joey fucking Barton can knock back £50k a week contract offers and tell the working poor where they're going wrong in life though.

Jesus sodding wept!

That's obviously a disgrace but it's an insult to your mam and anyone else 'normal' to compare her situation to the rioters imo. They're on the fucking rob because they're selfish arseholes.

I'm comparing me to them rather than my mam.

Of course they're arseholes...but you didn't have riots like this since......the last tory government was it?

You can look at the reasons for unacceptable behaviour without condoning the behaviour itself. The inherent laziness of the black gene isn't just offensive, but it let's the government off scott free for the actual social/political reasons.

Sorry to hear about your mam and understand your angry, but trying to pin this on a government thats been in power a little over 12 months is rediculous.

Sticking a hand through a shop window and setting fire to it has nowt to do with being poor. This isnt poor mams and dads on the breadline with kids to look after, this is feral scum seizing on an opportunity and being copycatted throughout the country.

Pure scum.

Making it out to be party political and putting it on the Tories is as bad as CT blaming Blair's 'Benefit Britain' tbh. I seriously doubt things have suddenly gone to shit for the people involved in the last 15 months or so.

Exactly ......eh :icon_lol:

How people who live in Scotswood work in Scotswood?

...and Meadow Well?

What these simple answer people, saying it's fuck all to do with race are ignoring is, there are far more poor white people in London than there are poor black people, due to the far greater numbers of whites inside the M25. So with that in mind think about your argument again, why are 4/5th of these scumbags black. It's a question you won't answer.

You can look at the reasons for unacceptable behaviour without condoning the behaviour itself. The inherent laziness of the black gene isn't just offensive, but it let's the government off scott free for the actual social/political reasons.

I worry this will get overlooked as the general public get more and more fed up with the riots. I'm all for harsh, short term solutions so long as we can get round to addressing why the 'yoof' have decided to go feral on us all of a sudden.

You reap what you sow.

For years the governments have been giving handouts after handouts to shits who think its acceptable to produce kids and sit at home smoking weed watching their 42" plasma and eating Sugar Puff Sandwiches.

These shits see their parents doing this and see it as the "norm" to do fuck all apart from make others lives a misery.

The Government need to have a hard look at themselves. If they want to slash costs on things they need to look at cunts like these. Reaping benefits for fuckers who have never paid a dime into the system in their lives. Make them do work for their money. Litter pick, cut grass, work in council parks etc make them work for their money.

This spate of riots and looting is going to cost the goverment a load of dosh, a load of dosh they do not have to spend. Go in hard on these bastards now!

Spot on.....time for Marshall law for 25 years or so while Dave sorts it out.

Stevie when the people of Scotswood copied the scum from Meadowell that time did you think it was because they were inherently worse than the rest of the people of Tyneside?

Just a few points.

To be fair, no one really voted for the Government we have at the minute.

But that said, I don't think there is anything political about it. Obviously something kicked off somewhere which was the turning point for a lot of disillusioned youth. They don't care about trashing their communities because they don't have a sense of community, and even though it is wrong to riot, we still have to ask why these youths think it is okay to do it. I mean, now people are getting involved because their might be a chance of them getting some new clothes or a new TV or something. Capitalism is the elephant in the room here :icon_lol: (heh)

Will re-post something I saw on Facebook:

1. I'm not surprised. 2. I don't condone violence or damage to property. 3. Most importantly, though, why isn't anyone in the media asking the simple question "why?"?

If the rioters are "mindless thugs" who are "out of their face on drugs and drink" as some people described them today on R4's You and Yours, then why do these people not riot every day? Perhaps people who don't understand the motive for the riots might like to consider that we currently have a global economy which is collapsing; in the UK we have rising unemployment; young people with no hope of any kind of meaningful future; a government determined to erode and eventually replace the welfare state; the gap between the rich and poor larger than at any time since the 1920's(and continuing to grow); and the usual level of corruption in the higher echelons (ie bankers, politicians, police).

Of course in any situation which becomes a riot, there will be people who are there for the looting and violence, but the vast majority of people who start these demonstrations have a point to make and, as usual, nobody wants to listen.

The media, the government and the police move quickly to label demonstrators, and they always have. From the bread riots back in the 17 century to today those with power and money are never very keen on listening to those without.

As Barton rightly put, there's too many cunts who thinks this world owes them a living, you achieve fuck all without hard work, and there's a lot of these people who are inherently lazy going back centuries, and lots of their kids will be lazy, and their kids kids.

My mam's 58 year old. She's worked most of her life, paid her taxes and brought up 2 tax paying lads, and now she's disabled. The government were contributing to her mortgage so that she wasn't foreclosed on. This week she got a letter from Halifax telling her she had 30 days to settle up a load of arrears that had accrued from non-payment or she'd be up in court.

It turns out that 3 months ago the government decided to halve the payments they'd make on her mortgage. When she asked why she hadn't been informed, she was told letters aren't sent as it's an expense they're cutting to make savings, but that she should watch the news and know there are cuts.

I don't like that, I'm fucking angry about it, but I'm not really in a position to fuck off. I'm a halfway decent human being with a modicum of intelligence so I don't go setting fire to other properties when I'm this angry. Other more stupid, more desperate people do though.

As long as Joey fucking Barton can knock back £50k a week contract offers and tell the working poor where they're going wrong in life though.

Jesus sodding wept!

That's obviously a disgrace but it's an insult to your mam and anyone else 'normal' to compare her situation to the rioters imo. They're on the fucking rob because they're selfish arseholes.

Of course they're arseholes...but you didn't have riots like this since......the last tory government was it?

Sorry to hear about your mam and understand your angry, but trying to pin this on a government thats been in power a little over 12 months is rediculous.

Sticking a hand through a shop window and setting fire to it has nowt to do with being poor. This isnt poor mams and dads on the breadline with kids to look after, this is feral scum seizing on an opportunity and being copycatted throughout the country.

Pure scum.

Well we'd prefer to be safe from the scum, so how do we resolve the matter of a feral population, full of anger and no respect whatsoever for authority in ANY form, burning the country down?

Stevie when the people of Scotswood copied the scum from Meadowell that time did you think it was because they were inherently worse than the rest of the people of Tyneside?

No I didn't have an opinion, I was just happy we were allowed away from school at dinner time three days running, that was my prime concern at the time.

Expense-fiddling MPs and bankers fucked the economy and a lie was sold that the British working family had to pay for it. A story willingly told by criminal journalists who hacked our phones and by coppers covering it up. I'm not surprised people think fuck you, the whole British establishment looks corrupt right now and while it's blatantly obvious most of the people on the streets haven't worked a day in their lives, it's not exactly been setting an example of how to behave to anyone.

Spot on Chez. Get your access sorted please. Common sense like that is much missed.

No I didn't have an opinion, I was just happy we were allowed away from school at dinner time three days running, that was my prime concern at the time.

See, it's not easy to answer difficult questions, is it?

You stick up for the West end a lot in general which is fair enough but my point is that unforunately the most deprived areas produce the most "scum" in the sense of people who don't give a fuck,

In London and other cities those areas happen to be the most "ethnic" which is something that should be addressed and as I've said there are some cultural aspects which are at work but in general as I said, deprivation = lack of decency. I think that's a bigger factor than race as it applies in non-racial areas like Tyneside and Glasgow. This goes back to an argument I had with LM a few months ago which got bogged down in racial make-up but I stand by the point that compared to LOndon, Tyneside is very white but shows the same variation in "decency" based on pockets 0f poverty.

Jesus sodding wept!

Pure scum.

Well we'd prefer to be safe from the scum, so how do we resolve the matter of a feral population, full of anger and no respect whatsoever for authority in ANY form, burning the country down?

Lots of things we can do without tying any of the to a particular political party.

Mandatory public service / national service from 16 - 18

At 18 they can return to further education / work or dole (if dole, benefits only payable on completion of 2 or 3 days a week public service.

A general taking away of benefits for the long term work shy / scoungers

Public floggings every saturday morning of the real scum.

etc etc

BTW, None of it will happen because all politicians have no back bone.

Edited by Christmas Tree

People on twitter saying that a car (possibly police car) has been torched in Washington. FFS. Anyone heard any confirmation of this?

Anything out of the ordinary though?

People on twitter saying that a car (possibly police car) has been torched in Washington. FFS. Anyone heard any confirmation of this?

As a resident I can assure you that's nowt out of the ordinary for Washington.