Sunderland v Newcastle 20/08/2011 prediction

I ♥ Daddys Cock

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you ever listen to yourself at this time of year? Seriously keep a diary in future & read it back.

Liverpool should have put 5 past you & only didn't due to some remarkable luck, if we leave Larrson completely unmarked at the back post we'll deserve to concede too.

Clueless. ;)

If you actually seen the match then we were well worth a point.

Your game against Arsenal was shite, you were turd but Arsenal were worse than turd. They've a poor team this year without Nasri and Fabregas,

You's are shite, you haven't won a major trophy since the 50's and you haven't won a league title since the 20's. :blush:

We won the Inter Cities Fairs Cup in '69.

You absolute whopper.

Would that be the prestigous European Competition where some of the teams couldn't even be arsed to turn up? :D

Don't expect a mackem to know about Europe man. :D

They've played four (yes, FOUR!) European matches in their entire history you know ;)

And you've won four (yes FOUR!) league titles in your entire history you know. ;)

:)

Since you seem to know everything about Newcastle, I decided to learn about Sunderlands major honours. I see you're quite proud about your history, so I thought i'd compare our winnings, fair enough? Everything that's won will be referred to by it's modern name, for ease.

Newcastle-4 "Premierships", 6 FA Cups, 1 "Europa League= 11 Honours

Sunderland-6 "Premierships", 2 Fa Cups= 8 Honours

We're so shit and you're amazing ;)

1 Europa League? ;) Fuck off man. UEFA don't even recognise the Fairs Cup for fucks sake, but yeah, the Geordie nation must insist that it is some form of Champions League no doubt. ;) Like I said, alot of teams didn't even bother turning up for their ties haha.

Its also much harder to win the league than the FA Cup so I think I'll keep our six league titles marra, you can revel in your shite history if you want.

Come back when you've at least matched us on title triumph's, okay lads?

Like I said, alot of teams didn't even bother turning up for their ties haha.

Completely made up.

Come back when you've at least matched us on title triumph's, okay lads?

Come back when you finished in the top 10 of the top flight more than 3 times in the last 50 years ;)

Do you ever listen to yourself at this time of year? Seriously keep a diary in future & read it back.

Liverpool should have put 5 past you & only didn't due to some remarkable luck, if we leave Larrson completely unmarked at the back post we'll deserve to concede too.

Clueless. ;)

If you actually seen the match then we were well worth a point.

Your game against Arsenal was shite, you were turd but Arsenal were worse than turd. They've a poor team this year without Nasri and Fabregas,

You's are shite, you haven't won a major trophy since the 50's and you haven't won a league title since the 20's. ;)

We won the Inter Cities Fairs Cup in '69.

You absolute whopper.

Would that be the prestigous European Competition where some of the teams couldn't even be arsed to turn up? :blush:

And you've won four (yes FOUR!) league titles in your entire history you know. :D

:D

By 1969 it was harder to win than the European Cup, as late as 1991, the UEFA Cup was thought of as harder to win than the European Cup, because often the future champions of the division they played in were playing in the UEFA. Such was the level of the FC, 2 seasons after we won it, UEFA took it on board as their's. In the early days of the fairs cup late 50's it was an invitation only, then the rule became only one city could be represented in it, and when we won it we were playing the best fuckin sides in Europe. We beat Feyenoord 4-0, 18 month later they were European Champions. When you look at the teams we faced and beat, we had a MUCH harder run than Man Utd 68, and Celtic 67 did winning the European Cup. Many people thought Leeds were the best side in Europe at the time, and Ujpest Dosza tore them a new arsehole before they played us, so learn some history you fuckin closed down steel works, nee jobs, fuckin cold depressive place Consett mackem bamp.

Additional to that Stevie teams like Manchester United, Arsenal , Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton, Leeds, Nottingham Forest, Barcelona, Valencia, Athletico Madrid, Porto, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Juventus, Roma, Lazio, Bayern Munich, Lyon, Ajax, Feyonoord, Rangers & Celtic were all teams who thought it worth their time - bear in mind the trophy now lives in Camp Nou.

The only people who would try to discount it have probably never qualified for it. It was widely regarded as only second to the European Cup in European competition. Over 130'000 fans turned up for the two legs between ourselves and Rangers & both legs of the final were broadcast - which was rare at the time. Kind of a big deal - hence the 80'000 who turned up to greet the trophy.

Rhys is like one of those Sky fans with no desire to learn beyond his years apart from desperately trying to find relevance to trophies won in the 1800's.

Uefa considers it as the Uefa Cup predecessor, and the Uefa Cup is the Europa League predecessor ;) . But don't let facts get in the way of bias right?

Back when we both won things the FA Cup was massive, not what it is now, so yes it was important. We've played in the Champions League and the Uefa Cup and nearly won the Premier League, hardly "shite" history, and even if you're going at the most extreme, our history wuold be very similar, thus you're calling your history shite too!

That's like a Braintree fan calling a Wrexham fans league "shit" (they're both in the conference premier for you of no knowledge).

Additional to that Stevie teams like Manchester United, Arsenal , Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton, Leeds, Nottingham Forest, Barcelona, Valencia, Athletico Madrid, Porto, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Juventus, Roma, Lazio, Bayern Munich, Lyon, Ajax, Feyonoord, Rangers & Celtic were all teams who thought it worth their time - bear in mind the trophy now lives in Camp Nou.

The only people who would try to discount it have probably never qualified for it. It was widely regarded as only second to the European Cup in European competition. Over 130'000 fans turned up for the two legs between ourselves and Rangers & both legs of the final were broadcast - which was rare at the time. Kind of a big deal - hence the 80'000 who turned up to greet the trophy.

Rhys is like one of those Sky fans with no desire to learn beyond his years apart from desperately trying to find relevance to trophies won in the 1800's.

I don't count trophies before 1900 and I don't count League Cups, so in my eyes we've won more league titles than Sunderland and more trophies full stop than Aston Villa.

Anyone who disputes the quality of the Fairs Cup when we won it is basically admitting they're an arsehole. It was more prestigious than the UEFA Cup/Europa League is now by a million miles. No one ever mentions that though, 68/69 Newcastle 4 Feyenoord 0 69/70 Feyenoord - European Champions, worthy champions as well they humped Celtic's greatest ever team in the final in Milan which was clearly nee mean feat.

How long before a "Readea Ta Go-ah" thread about a mag on tewntastic saying it was harder to win than the European Cup. Have a look at we played, then have a look who Celtic and Man Utd played you mackem bamps.

They should learn some fuckin history. In fact I want someone to show me an English club who have had a harder route to winning a European trophy - pre 1990.

Edited by McFaul

The Fairs Cup was a European Trophy and rightly belongs in your honours list, but to add any more importance to it than it deserved is ridiculous.

You qualified from 10th place becuase of the only one team from one city rule, which meant at least 3 other teams were excluded. It was set up to promote trade fairs and although there were good teams entering it was never a fair comp because of the silly rules.

Still a European trophy though.

I think by the mid sixties it had evolved into a competition of a very high standard - which is why Uefa snatched it in '72

It's a major trophy and it's something to be proud of - at the time it was a huge thing so to see contemporary football fans try to strip the importance of it can be irritating.

Personally I think in trophy terms neither Sunderland nor us have anything to crow about in what, nearly 40 years? Both clubs have a proud history trophy-wise but it's in the distant past. The likes of Blackburn, Leeds, Birmingham, Boro, Portsmouth etc have all managed domestic trophies in that time (and I'm not looking down my nose at those clubs).

I expect we have achieved more as a club in terms of results than Sunderland in the last 30 years, trophies aside, both in the league and in Europe, and I assume we've got to more FA/league cup semis/finals (although I've no idea what the Sunderland stats are on that). I assume we've also spent more time in the premier league and a higher average league position but again I don't know the stats. They've also been relegated from the PL several times and also had the second worse points tally in PL history iirc. I'd also assume we have better home attendances, again don't know the stats.

However it's just pissing up the wall really imo. I'm not a geordie but my impression is that these sort of comparisons seem to matter more to mackems and they seem to have a massive chip on their shoulder about this 'top dog' stuff. I can't recall any discussion on Sunderland on here that wasn't initiated by a mackem, dunno how typical that is generally of real life.

You only need to look at the winners of the trophy to realise its prestige. Barcelona proudly include the Fairs Cup on their honours board. I think I'd take their view on the trophy over some embittered mackem. Just. ;)

Pacinofan has a point too, although there are plenty quirks within the current and recent methods of qualification for European competitions too. Fair play and so on. Doesn't mean it's any easier to win once you're in it.

Pacinofan trying and failing to diminish our achievement. Initially it was as he correctly states a competition to promote towns with Fairs around Europe. By the mid 60's it was a very, very strong competition the main quirk being, only one club per city would be admitted. So if the dippers were in it finishing 2nd, the blue dippers coming third couldn't be in it. For us, it meant because of the Merseyide and London clubs above us, 10th was good enough for us to qualify. A lot better than teams going in to the UEFA Cup by means fair play in my view. Anyway.

Man Utd 68

Hibernians of Malta

Sarajevo

Gornik Zarbze

Madrid

Benfica

Celtic

Zurich

Nantes

Vojvodina

Dukla Prague

Inter Milan

Newcastle 69

Feyenoord - Champions of Europe the very next season - humped 4-0

Sporting Lisbon - then domestically Portugal's most successful club with a European trophy won a few years earlier

Real Zaragoza - major force in Spanish football

Vitoria Setubal - canny side

Rangers - one of the best sides in their history, a major European force

Ujpesti Dosza - regarded by some as the best side in Europe at the time humping Leeds earlier

Draw your own conclusions

The Fairs Cup was a European Trophy and rightly belongs in your honours list, but to add any more importance to it than it deserved is ridiculous.

You qualified from 10th place becuase of the only one team from one city rule, which meant at least 3 other teams were excluded. It was set up to promote trade fairs and although there were good teams entering it was never a fair comp because of the silly rules.

Well said Marra, the Mags are all high and mighty because they had a couple of good years under Sir Bobby before disgracefully hounding the great man out of the job. They then distastefully hijacked all the headlines after his death, despite treating him like shite near the end of his tenure. Is it any wonder the giant of the game that Sir Bobby was, spent more time watching Sunderland than Newcastle in the last couple of years of his life?

Edited by Rhys1879SAFC

Well said Marra, the Mags are all high and mighty because they had a couple of good years under Sir Bobby before disgracefully hounding the great man out of the job. They then distastefully hijacked all the headlines after his death, despite treating him like shite near the end of his tenure. Is it any wonder the giant of the game that Sir Bobby was, spent more time watching Sunderland than Newcastle in the last couple of years of his life?

Explain how and what exactly was distasteful you inbred Consett bamp.

What do I need to explain? Even Craig Bellamy said it in an interview a couple of weeks back. He said the fans were whingeing because Newcastle hadn't won the title (lol Newcastle win the title haha), I'll actually find the quote for you marra.

The Gospel according to Craig Bellamy ;) who of course had nothing to do with Robson's demise as Newcastle manager. Yeah, take him at his word, that peerless beacon of honour ;)

What do I need to explain? Even Craig Bellamy said it in an interview a couple of weeks back. He said the fans were whingeing because Newcastle hadn't won the title (lol Newcastle win the title haha), I'll actually find the quote for you marra.

Bellamy is an arsehole who is bitter at the abuse he receives to this day, when Souness basically ostracised him. He will die an immature man, he said even at the height of Sounessgate, he couldn't play against Newcastle cos it would hurt him too much. He's a little divvy like you.

Bellamy didn't mention anything about hijacking the headlines after his death, what are you about you arsehole, explain about hijacking headlines after his death, or you admit you're doil.