Danny Simpson

DubiousBobcat

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simpson might be a bit of a Berkshire hunt off the pitch, but on it he's done a good job for the toon. I don't get why people are griefing him like he has been as much of a liability as Shambles. He's saved us points last season with last ditch defending, and you cant ask for more than a player who gives his all. Simpson has. Think he gets far too much of a bad rap off some toon supporters like. If he thinks he is worth more than we have offered then aye, let him go because he isn't the be all and end all. But he's put in a canny shift at times for us; I think this is being understated by some sections of the toon army.

I would hope - HOPE - that Debuchy is a done deal if we are letting Simpson go, but you never know. I'd love to see both Debuchy and Clyde as summer signings - I think the latter is a cracking investment. But we need the former for the season ahead. I love the toon's approach to signing for the future, but we need some immediacy in terms of results. Debuchy isn't the finished product yet, but he would certainly up the Geordie ante straight away. I wish we would just get the deal done asap!

Sorry to pick at an otherwise good post but how is he a cunt off the pitch?

Hes never in the news other than getting done for speeding once

Sorry to pick at an otherwise good post but how is he a cunt off the pitch?

Hes never in the news other than getting done for speeding once

Was he not a bit vocal (via twitter) about how he wasn't getting what he wanted for his contract? If I'm wrong, my bad.

But yes, like you say, he isn't a rotten apple sort.

• 1 month later...

Bit confused whats happening with Danny. Not every ones cup of tea, but was a great servant last year, hasnt mouthed off like Barton, is reportedly on peanuts, yet hasnt been offered a new contract and is now into his last year.

Only 25 as well. Makes no sense.

He wants more money than we are prepared to give him, as hopefully we only see him as a squad player at best whereas he firmly believes he is better than he is.

He wants more money than we are prepared to give him, as hopefully we only see him as a squad player at best whereas he firmly believes he is better than he is.

hard to see yourself as a squad player when you've made over 100 appearances for a club in 3 years

We've evolved as a club massively in that time though. Let's not forget this is a player who publicly slated Rafael and believes if he was still at Man Utd he'd get a game ahead of him.

hard to see yourself as a squad player when you've made over 100 appearances for a club in 3 years

A club who has gone from Championship to Champions league are bound to swap out a few faces to deal with elevated ambitions and expectations.

Or are we going to keep players on previous merits? Whether a fotballer is good enough is a continuous assessment.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

and last season when we finished 5th in the premier league he played 35 of our 38 league matches

Do you fancy our chances of replicating that season with a back 4 consisting of Simpson Williamson and Ryan Taylor/Santon?

Guest CabayeAye

Do you fancy our chances of replicating that season with a back 4 consisting of Simpson Williamson and Ryan Taylor/Santon?

We also played Obertan on the right for a fair few matches. Does this mean he is a top 5 midfielder?