"Ooo leftovers?"

wykikitoon

Can't say it bothers me that much like, Mac :lol:

See, I work with loads of people from Whitley, Tynemouth, Deleval etc and they're posh Geordies. They use lunch all the time. When they, occassionally, invite me for 'lunch' I just blank them until they say dinner.

I'm a reet twat. Doesn't really bother me that much but won't let that minor get in the way of being an obnoxious cumsplash.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its Lunch at 'Lunchtime' and Dinner in the evening....I have a feeling we've had this argument before :nufc::icon_lol:

I work nights, there's normally a dinner and a dessert left for us. I don't normally eat it though as I have a meal at home at 6ish. I just have cereal or toast and bovril :razz: at about 3am.

Mind the other night it was home-made steak pie, I chucked away the chips and ate the pie with veggies. Nom Nom!

Maybe if you live at the arse end of the country but not in Newcastle it's not.

I suppose you have a 'Sunday Lunch', eh? It's a sunday dinner, always has been and always will be where I'm from.

People from Whitley Bay and Tynemouth say Lunch aswell for some reason. I assume it's as they're not from Newcastle.

:lol:

No we don't have Sunday Lunch, we have a Sunday Dinner in the evening! Like I say, Lunch is at Lunchtime. 'Lunch' to me meaning something light. If I ate/served a cooked meal in the middle of the day (like my mum in law does) it would then be 'Dinnertime'

I bet it doesn't bother Mac as much as he's making out. I think he's fallen behind in his geordie-off with Stevie and is looking to make up some ground.

I've nowt left in my locker.

I bet it doesn't bother Mac as much as he's making out. I think he's fallen behind in his geordie-off with Stevie and is looking to make up some ground.

:lol: Doesn't wear a coat either, even if it's fucking Baltic.

Maybe, but it has nothing to do with being a Geordie...it has everything to do with what time of the day you eat a hot cooked meal though! If you eat a dinner at lunchtime then it becomes Dinnertime! So then you'd have something light in the evening then making it Teatime. Perhaps I'd best not go there though :lol:

I largely work from home, so don't see these things anymore.

A few years ago I worked at a company that had a small office with loads of staff crammed in. It was a right palava, they had an offensive food policy. Its aim was to stop people from eating any food that might stink out the office. Your curry would have been been deemed offensive. Oddly chippy chips were allowed, as everyone liked the smell.

They also had a Winnie the poo blue tacked on a no entry sign on the toilet near accounts. So you had to go to another building to have a sh*t and everyone knew what you were up to... :lol:

You don't have to be crazy to work here, but it helps.

:lol: You need to chill the fuck out!

I bring lunch in. And I call it lunch ever since an awkward situation when I worked in America, where I asked a lass I was working with if she fancies going out to get some dinner, and she assumed I was asking her on a date.

:razz:

What did she say?

Ah it was just awkward. I worked in a room with three lasses, all of whom were alright. One Chinese, one Vietnamese and one from a small town in Georgia who was the fittest of the lot and sounded filthy cos she had this Southern accent. Anyway it was the Chinese lass I said it to and the other two lasses insta spun round to see what was going on, while the chinese lass just looked a bit confused by the while thing (clearly wondering whether the English dreamboat really WAS making all her dreams come true).

Anyway I think I just followed it up with "I'm going out to get something now if you fancy?"

Situation defused. One heart broken, two others cracked.

:nufc:

Class.

Oh and Phil, we have a small kitchen so I eat all my lunches in there.

Maybe, but it has nothing to do with being a Geordie...it has everything to do with what time of the day you eat a hot cooked meal though! If you eat a dinner at lunchtime then it becomes Dinnertime! So then you'd have something light in the evening then making it Teatime. Perhaps I'd best not go there though :lol:

You only ever seem to make massive meals followed by crumbles with custard, so I don't know what you're even arguing for. :razz:

See, I work with loads of people from Whitley, Tynemouth, Deleval etc and they're posh Geordies. They use lunch all the time. When they, occassionally, invite me for 'lunch' I just blank them until they say dinner.

I'm a reet twat. Doesn't really bother me that much but won't let that minor get in the way of being an obnoxious cumsplash.

Right enough, I'm from Tynemouth and call it lunch, but then I am posh. Surely it's breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper, and midnight snack ( for CT). Coming to think of it I normally associate dinner only on Sundays or eating out.

Right enough, I'm from Tynemouth and call it lunch, but then I am posh. Surely it's breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper, and midnight snack ( for CT). Coming to think of it I normally associate dinner only on Sundays or eating out.

It appears I'm the only one who is a breakfast, dinner and tea man.

In fairness, posh to me is having a bottom sheet on your bed and wearing matching socks so I wouldn't set my standards as the yardstick.

Maybe, but it has nothing to do with being a Geordie...it has everything to do with what time of the day you eat a hot cooked meal though! If you eat a dinner at lunchtime then it becomes Dinnertime! So then you'd have something light in the evening then making it Teatime. Perhaps I'd best not go there though :razz:

You only ever seem to make massive meals followed by crumbles with custard, so I don't know what you're even arguing for. :nufc:

Last night my cooking effort wasn't great, I made cottage pie (council house food) with runner beans and tinned tomatoes. No dessert for me but they had a Tropical Solero each :icon_lol:

Tonight for dinner we are having smoked haddock, new potatoes, sugarsnap peas and Brocoli.

I love cottage pie :razz:

Commoner. :lol:

Imagine it's pretty simple to cook one of them. Mince, gravy stuff, mash on the top, cheese. Champion.

I'm going to have to start cooking properly. The wife cooks all our food otherwise the bairns would be on 'Torkey Twizzlaz' and 'Corlee Friez' every neet.

@ Mac. Aye, it's tea not supper I have. And why do kids have packed lunches or school dinners?????

I divn't kna' mate. Mine just gans withoot. Seriously though, that's the only ocassion I use lunch when referring to the packed kind, however always thought people around here used dinner for their noontime meal.

I need to fully re-evaluate my life.

It appears I'm the only one who is a breakfast, dinner and tea man.

In fairness, posh to me is having a bottom sheet on your bed and wearing matching socks so I wouldn't set my standards as the yardstick.

I would say those too, usually. Technically 'lunch' is correct though. Just reminded me of the fad at school in the early 80s for wearing non-matching 'lumi' socks there as well :razz:

wtf is a bottom sheet on a bed/

Wey, you have your quilt/duvet cover, then a sheet, then another 'frilly' sheet under the matress that hides the bottom of the bed.

You not have one of them?